what he wants from me?

M

maremaria

Hi everyone,

I ask about my ex "what he wants from me ?"
I got 48 no changing lines
The well
In LiSe site i read the folowing.
"Life is psychogenic. If there is an inner spring, everything receives refreshing water. To make life alive, there must be a source. So dig a well, keep it clean and drink from it, then the water will always be fresh and pure. Don’t depend on an occasional shower, it works only temporarily, when it is over, everything will dry up again. But your own well never dries up. The source is always there, but it will only fill the well if it is being taken care of. Never leave the place where your well is situated. "

..and I wonder if the IC talks about me or him. I'am the well to him or vice versa. since we are apart now what is all about this answer?
in my mind he is like a well to me. He was a spring of love, courage. Although we are not together anymore I always go to that well to drink water , take a rest and then continue walking.

any ideas?

M

maremaria

This is an attempt to interpret the answer I got. Having in mind the questions “what he wants from me?” here are my thoughts
If I assume that the ic refers to him maybe the answer is that I was something like a source of “materials” he needed to “construct “ a new life to live. But this is only guessing and I am not sure about that. I wonder if you who have a lot of experience can you give me a glue ?
Assumed that the IC is talking about me then he is the well from me .his presence gave me this sense of security I needed to take that steps and start a difficult journey in order to arrive to “my place to live”

If one gets down almost to the water
And the rope does not go all the way,
Or the jug breaks, it brings misfortune.

this is why we are apart?

Bruce in a previous thread told me that one answer I got may mean this or/and that.
How can you understand in such questions to whom the IC talking or about what is talking? I know that experience have to do with this, but how you can be sure that the interpretation one gives is not biased ?

Do you think that I should ask another questions just to be sure that I understand or not the first answer? Is the question “ what to you mean by hex 48” is a good question and if not have you got any suggestions?

Do you think that the question is not correct since we are apart, so any answer I get might be a general one ?

Any idea is welcome?

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
He is the well, he wants nothing from you. He is fixed and cannot move(married), you are the town's people who come and go, nothing is fixed for you, you can leave and move on if you want. He has water that refreshes the thirsty but not you because the jug/connection you were using broke, misfortune for you but not for him.
Now is the time to find another well where you can seek nourishment.

B

bruce_g

How can you understand in such questions to whom the IC talking or about what is talking? I know that experience have to do with this, but how you can be sure that the interpretation one gives is not biased ?

I can't. I believe that responsibility falls upon the one asking the question. Experience means ones own experience, and my own experience (for example) is biased. And though you may find my biased experience helpful, I still am not you, and therefore I can not tell you with absolute authority or certainty the meaning of your reading, though I may be able to help you to find your answer, sometimes.

Perhaps others, like Willowfox, are clairvoyant, or perhaps they also project their biases. That too is only up to you to determine.

I think, based on my experience and bias, that 48 refers to your own well. But then, I believe the Yi is a teacher and not just a tool. But that also is my own bias.

What do you think?

M

maremaria

He is the well, he wants nothing from you. He is fixed and cannot move(married), you are the town's people who come and go, nothing is fixed for you, you can leave and move on if you want. He has water that refreshes the thirsty but not you because the jug/connection you were using broke, misfortune for you but not for him.
Now is the time to find another well where you can seek nourishment.

Hi willowfox,
the good thing is I think I hear some of the words the IC tell me. Your intepretation is very close to one of my assumpions.

In case of a situation like that, in which I am not sure about the answer what do you think will be the next question ? A question like "what do you mean by gining me hex # " or a question relevant to the first one?
hope to help me on this
thanks for your contribution
maria

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
I cannot suggest any further question because I already know the answer to your problem and what you "should" do.

M

maremaria

Hi Bruce,
your answer are like "one I know, that I know nothing" like a Greek philosopher said.
All yours answer are "think !!!!". I admit that it would be easier for me to have somebody else think for me but this is impossible .
when i am asked about my opinion I usually say "my biased opinion is....." The only thread I take part and gave my opinions was the one of rosada's about her neigbor. It was totally biased, and I told her. I don't know if it help her or mislead her but it was a idea. It is up to her to evaluate a answer like that .

I agree with you that the IC is a teacher who dont give solutions but helps one to find the solutions by himself. As for this place I think is a place were we can exchange our biased thougths. For me every contribution is a possible explenation and from this pool of information I 'll choose the one it fits me better or think another one.

Thanks bruce.
I really apriciate your involment
maria

M

maremaria

I think, based on my experience and bias, that 48 refers to your own well. But then, I believe the Yi is a teacher and not just a tool. But that also is my own bias.

What do you think?

I wonder if you could say me a little more about your biased opinion that "48 refers to your own well"
do we think that the IC says to pay attetion to my well, my source of life. It's about 2.2 again ?

B

bruce_g

I wonder if you could say me a little more about your biased opinion that "48 refers to your own well"
do we think that the IC says to pay attetion to my well, my source of life. It's about 2.2 again ?

Yes, I think it's along the lines of a 2.2 well. We all share the same earth and the same well, but we also have our own place on this earth and our own place to access the same well. That place is our own responsibility to care for. You may have heard the term "think globally - act locally"? I see it like that.

You already know your answer, don't you? :mischief:

B

bruce_g

"one thing I know, that I know nothing " and it is the only thing that I am 100% sure about that !!!!

maria

lol, honest answer.

Sure? What are any of us sure of? Am I sure I'm even doing the best thing by writing this? I'm 100% sure I don't know. But we try, don't we.

What do you think? Is your ex the well the Yi is "telling you" to drink from? Or is it your own well? You decide. No need to share it here, unless you want to.

M

maremaria

I'll be back to continue this conversation.
I need my dictionary and I don;t have it with me.
talk to you tomorow about an abandoned well. mine

lol, honest answer
by the way what lol means?

B

bruce_g

Maybe Luis can help translate?

lol means "laughing out loud". Not laughing at you, though, just to be clear. Some things don't translate the spirit of what is said very well.

peace66

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Maremaria...

:)A couple of good clarifying questions might be:

1) What do I need to understand about my relationship with my ex?

2) What do I need to come to terms with in order to let him go?

3) What is the best thing I can do for myself in this situation?

I hope these help.

All The Very Best,

Peace:)

M

maremaria

lol, honest answer.

Sure? What are any of us sure of? Am I sure I'm even doing the best thing by writing this? I'm 100% sure I don't know. But we try, don't we.

YES, we try !!!

What do you think? Is your ex the well the Yi is "telling you" to drink from? Or is it your own well? You decide. No need to share it here, unless you want to.

It is not clear to me yet. Both assumpions look possible to me. what I believe is that he “wake me up” and make me think about my well and he gave me the support I needed to start fixing my abandoned well.
Maybe the well is the relationship we had. Maybe, maybe, maybe…….

I ask “Expain me 48” and I received 59.2 >23 hoping to give me a clue

“Nine in the second place means:
At the dissolution
He hurries to that which supports him.
Remorse disappears.”

Line 2 -
"Disperion: quickly leaving one's table. Any remorse disappears. " [Advancing, 'eat and run?']

“One can immediately recognize and grasp chances if the mind is versatile, open for anything. One sees what one expects to see, so expect everything in order not to miss anything. When everything is in chaos, then your can only rely on your survival instincts, your 'luck', your own wits, 'something' inside yourself which makes you find a way out. “

“One sees what one expects to see “ = biased !!!!!
“so expect everything in order not to miss anything” = wait ?

“When everything is in chaos”= I am in a chaotic situation.
, then your can only rely on your survival instincts, your 'luck', your own wits, 'something' inside yourself which makes you find a way out. “= LiSe’s coyte (2.2)

To conclude : I have no answer yet.

Bruce,If you think I am missing something just tell me.

maria

M

maremaria

:)A couple of good clarifying questions might be:

1) What do I need to understand about my relationship with my ex?

2) What do I need to come to terms with in order to let him go?

3) What is the best thing I can do for myself in this situation?

I hope these help.

All The Very Best,

Hi peace66,

Before reading this thread I decided not to ask onother question after geting 59.2>23 .
but the question you suggested "3) What is the best thing I can do for myself in this situation?" seems a good one .

I let you know what answer I received.

Thanks for your help

maria

M

maremaria

What is the best thing I can do for myself in this situation?"

I received 1.4 > 9

“When one accepts the slow way in which nature works, one creates the space, where one's true path can unfold.” (from LiSe

This is it !
Its about accepting the slow way. That’s what my therapist says too.

Thats my problem. I want to see things changing now !!!. The other people in my group say to me that I have change (to the better) but I don;t accept it because is a small change and not a great one. I know I am loosing the joy small achievements give. I am wrong and I know that.

peace66, thank you.

peace66

visitor
Reaction score
You're Very Welcome Maremaria...

What is the best thing I can do for myself in this situation?"

I received 1.4 > 9

“When one accepts the slow way in which nature works, one creates the space, where one's true path can unfold.” (from LiSe

This is it !
Its about accepting the slow way. That’s what my therapist says too.

Thats my problem. I want to see things changing now !!!. The other people in my group say to me that I have change (to the better) but I don;t accept it because is a small change and not a great one. I know I am loosing the joy small achievements give. I am wrong and I know that.

peace66, thank you.
I'm glad I could help. Waiting is always hard, isn't it? Take good care of your own
heart.:)

B

bruce_g

It is not clear to me yet. Both assumpions look possible to me. what I believe is that he “wake me up” and make me think about my well and he gave me the support I needed to start fixing my abandoned well.
Maybe the well is the relationship we had. Maybe, maybe, maybe…….

I ask “Expain me 48” and I received 59.2 >23 hoping to give me a clue

“Nine in the second place means:
At the dissolution
He hurries to that which supports him.
Remorse disappears.”

Line 2 -
"Disperion: quickly leaving one's table. Any remorse disappears. " [Advancing, 'eat and run?']

“One can immediately recognize and grasp chances if the mind is versatile, open for anything. One sees what one expects to see, so expect everything in order not to miss anything. When everything is in chaos, then your can only rely on your survival instincts, your 'luck', your own wits, 'something' inside yourself which makes you find a way out. “

“One sees what one expects to see “ = biased !!!!!
“so expect everything in order not to miss anything” = wait ?

“When everything is in chaos”= I am in a chaotic situation.
, then your can only rely on your survival instincts, your 'luck', your own wits, 'something' inside yourself which makes you find a way out. “= LiSe’s coyte (2.2)

To conclude : I have no answer yet.

Bruce,If you think I am missing something just tell me.

maria

I don't think you're missing anything, Maria. It may seem that way to you because you want something finite to hold onto. Not all things can be understood that way, as in knowing what you know. When I said you know the answer, I meant the answer lies within yourself, within your well, or your access to "the" well.

But for sake of practicality, let's return to your original question:

"I ask about my ex "what he wants from me ?"
I got 48 no changing lines"

He wants what you've got. He wants your well, or to drink from it anyway. Do you know your own well? Is it even possible to fathom it? I don't think so. If we were allowed to know our own well we'd become conceited and all knowing. It's enough to know it's there, and to keep it sacred, and to drink from it.

M

maremaria

I don't think you're missing anything, Maria. It may seem that way to you because you want something finite to hold onto. Not all things can be understood that way, as in knowing what you know. When I said you know the answer, I meant the answer lies within yourself, within your well, or your access to "the" well.

But for sake of practicality, let's return to your original question:

"I ask about my ex "what he wants from me ?"
I got 48 no changing lines"

He wants what you've got. He wants your well, or to drink from it anyway. Do you know your own well? Is it even possible to fathom it? I don't think so. If we were allowed to know our own well we'd become conceited and all knowing. It's enough to know it's there, and to keep it sacred, and to drink from it.

Once again thanks !!!!
It is true that I "want something finite to hold onto" as you said but it seems that it is not the time if there will be a time to know it for sure.
But on the other hand I don't want to stick to a conclusion just to say I have an answer.

I know that I "have" the answers, or I hope I have them somewhere there. The diffucullt thing is to find where they are hidden.

For the time being I have a well to take care.

You have been very helpful.
thanks

B

bruce_g

I know that I "have" the answers, or I hope I have them somewhere there. The diffucullt thing is to find where they are hidden.

They are hidden in your well, which I think is hidden in the well. See? I have to think where it is, too. I don't know exactly. I can't hold it in my hand, and it's hard to even wrap my mind around it... but I know it's there, that it never moves or changes. My job is to tend my own well, and that's in my heart. It's like a small underground lake, which is fed pure water from the source of all nourishment. Yummy :)

J

jimnammack

When I used to use the Wilhelm translation a lot for myself, I was always excited when Hexagram 48 came up. For me, it always seemed to have a lot of deep, mysterious meaning.

In the Miscellaneous Notes, it says that the Well means union. In the Appended Judgments, it says that the Well brings about discrimination as to what is right. In The Judgment, it says that if one gets down almost to the water and the rope does not go all the way, or the jug breaks, it brings misfortune. The operative word here, I believe, is "if." In other words, we need to make sure that the rope does go all the way down. In the Commentary on the Decision, it says, "The Well nourshes and is not exhausted. The town can be changed, but the well cannot be changed." In The Image, it says, "Thus the superior man encourages the people at their work and exhorts them to help one another."

It seems to me is that this divination is telling you that this fellow's love for you is inexhaustible. Others things might change, but his feelings for you will not change. The Image indicates that he is and will be quite supportive of you in many ways. The only note of caution is that "if" you use a rope that is too short, or "if" your mishandling of the jug causes it to break on its way down the well, then misfortune results. In context with everything else this hexagram seems to be saying, I feel that you are being urged here not to hold back. Make sure your rope is long enough, in other words. Do not sell this relationship short.

In my experience with doing I Ching readings, if your boyfriend did not have your best interests at heart, you would be told so through a hexagram other than this one. Basically, the Well speaks of inexhaustible good fortune.

It is also my experience with divining that no oracle ever predicts whether or not a relationship is going to last forever. If the relationship is going to be good for you, the oracle being used will encourage you in that direction, regardless of how long the relationship is actually going to last.

In this case, however, Hexagram 48 speaks of a deeply fulfilling relationship. I would personally venture to conclude, therefore, that this looks really good for you for the long-term as well.

Jim

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
The person Maria speaks of is not her boyfriend, they finished 6 years ago and he is now married to someone else.

Last edited:
J

jimnammack

I heard that from someone before. Still, that does not change what the reading seems to be telling her. The divinatory meaning of The Well is totally positive from beginning to end.

Neither the I Ching nor any other oracle offers guidance to us based on our culturally-learned ideas of morality. The I Ching speaks to us from a whole other dimension of reality. Its only criterion is what makes us feel good. It will always guide us in that direction regardless of our culturally learned systems of right and wrong. The I Ching takes no notice of such things, and only seeks to make us more fulfilled and joyous in our everyday lives.

That is why I base my ideas of right and wrong on what I learn through oracles. If fact, I used to spend a lot of time asking the I Ching and other oracles about moral matters, including sexual conduct and everything else. It was a real eye-opener for me. I also asked a lot of questions about how to best perform divinations, what was the energy that made oracles work in the first place, and all that.

I explain these things here because I get the impression that you have a tendency to judge or evaluate I Ching divinations according to your own personal system of right and wrong. My experience with the I Ching indicates that we should not evaluate I Ching divinations in that way.

Anyway, these are just my own observations and ramblings, and are not meant as criticisms of anyone.

Jim

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
It seems to me is that this divination is telling you that this fellow's love for you is inexhaustible. Others things might change, but his feelings for you will not change. T

In my experience with doing I Ching readings, if your boyfriend did not have your best interests at heart, you would be told so through a hexagram other than this one.
In this case, however, Hexagram 48 speaks of a deeply fulfilling relationship. I would personally venture to conclude, therefore, that this looks really good for you for the long-term as well.

Jim

It seems that you are wrong because their relationship did indeed end, he married someone else and doesn't want to know her. So, it would appear that he has absolutely no inexhaustible love for her and his feelings did indeed change, so nothing at all looks good for her regarding this ex relationship.

This hex is positive but positive for him because the question was about him and not her, it says that he wants nothing from her as he has everything that he needs.

M

maremaria

The person Maria speaks of is not her boyfriend, they finished 6 years ago and he is now married to someone else.

actually he was already married when i meet him and we had a relationship for 6,5 years and we broke up 1 year ago.
maria

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I heard that from someone before. Still, that does not change what the reading seems to be telling her. The divinatory meaning of The Well is totally positive from beginning to end.

well thats your opinion. To be honest I don't quite see how you figure the well means inexhaustible love from him to her in this instance.

Neither the I Ching nor any other oracle offers guidance to us based on our culturally-learned ideas of morality. The I Ching speaks to us from a whole other dimension of reality. Its only criterion is what makes us feel good. It will always guide us in that direction regardless of our culturally learned systems of right and wrong. The I Ching takes no notice of such things, and only seeks to make us more fulfilled and joyous in our everyday lives

I agree to an extent, I don't think the Yi conforms to any set of human morals. I did not point out the he is married cos of moral reasons but to point out to you you could be leading this lady well up the garden path to tell her this man has undying love for her when he clearly won't leave his wife for her not even after 6 years and is not even in touch with her at the present time as far as I know. Receiving the well is just not enough for you say he has this undying love for her IMO - I can't agree the Yi just leads us to whatever makes us feel good - what if doing violence makes someone feel good, you think the Yi would lead them to the best way to get their kicks ?

I explain these things here because I get the impression that you have a tendency to judge or evaluate I Ching divinations according to your own personal system of right and wrong. My experience with the I Ching indicates that we should not evaluate I Ching divinations in that way.

:rolleyes: elsewhere i have explained i do not think the Yi conforms to any human moral system - but you intepret everything i say in terms of me imposing a moral stance. Thats your blind spot in how you see my words. Furthermore there is hypocrisy in your words for you say above "we should not" and i notice you use the word 'should' alot which hints to be you impose quite a few of your own values. I'm getting tired of you putting words in my mouth about what I mean - you don't even bother to figure out what I mean, you have a preconceived idea about what I mean, and it allows for no subtleties of meaning.

Jim[/QUOTE]

You say you are not critisizing anyone, well yes you are - you are telling me i have certain ideas which i do not have over and over and wish you would desist .

Maybe you should be clear about how you mean the Yis "only criterion is to be makes us feel good" ? Some people feel good when they rob old ladies or set puppies on fire - you think the Yi might lead them to an easy way to do that if they were to ask ?

I

Last edited:
B

bruce_g

Not if the rope (or pole) is too short or the container breaks, or if one forgets there even is a well to drink from.

laylab

visitor
Reaction score
If fact, I used to spend a lot of time asking the I Ching and other oracles about moral matters, including sexual conduct and everything else. It was a real eye-opener for me.

may I ask what other oracles you communicated with?

J

jimnammack

Willowfox: This hexagram speaks of future possibilites, not the past.

Trojan: The way I figure it is because that is what it says.

Jim

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).