...life can be translucent

Menu

lying IC

esolo

visitor
Reaction score
Did the IC lie to me? I asked about why this woman, a co-worker, didn't bring her husband to my little get-together and I got 23.3. I really expected both of them and was counting on both of them. When I saw it I thought, oh dear, they have broken up. I finally got up the courage to ask her and she claims that everything is fine. Who do you believe? The answer seemed so very clear to me. Did I misinterpret it?

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Hex 23.3 it suggests that her husband has acted badly in some way, and it seems he has gone off some place. She has made up her mind to just let him go without any more hassles.

Hex 52 signifies that the woman is now alone, as her husband no longer appears to be around.

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Did the IC lie to me? I asked about why this woman, a co-worker, didn't bring her husband to my little get-together and I got 23.3. I really expected both of them and was counting on both of them. When I saw it I thought, oh dear, they have broken up. I finally got up the courage to ask her and she claims that everything is fine. Who do you believe? The answer seemed so very clear to me. Did I misinterpret it?

Esolo, if you want to underdrstand the IC can I suggest that you dispense with the idea that the IC lies. It doesn't. Did you read the answers in the last thread? If you let go of this idea and study the different possibilities then things may start to become less confusing.

Just a suggestion.

Topal

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Dear esolo,
I don't think the IC lies, but it does seem at times it only gives us information on an as need to know basis. As to the answer you received about your friend not coming to your gathering, I think you're trying to get more out of it than is there. You asked why he didn't come and rather than tell you the minute particulars of his decision making process, the IChing tells you all you need to know about it, which was simply, "He splits with them." That is, he decided not to come. The IC also adds, "No blame." which means he was not wrong for deciding not to join you that night. I would also read this as meaning he didn't have any deep issue with you that led him to stay home, so you don't need to worry about that possibility. I suspect his reasoning went no deeper than feeling, "Geez, I see these people all day at work, I want to just be by myself at night."

Since you were expecting your coworker and it appears he blew you off for no good reason other than he just decided he didn't feel like coming you might want to ask the I Ching what the nature of your friendship is. Appears to me you might have been thinking you were closer friends than he wants to be.

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).