...life can be translucent

Menu

Insurance dilemma

zeldiac

visitor
Reaction score
It's been a long time since I posted. I wonder if you can give me your take on a current problem I'm trying to resolve. Briefly the background is this:

I've (unfortunately) got a joint insurance policy that links me to my ex. We split up five years ago; we got back together briefly but split again for good over a year ago. We've not been in touch since until the past week when he contacted me. He wants me to cash in the policy and give him half the money. He's threatening to take action against me if I refuse. Technically he's not entitled to half the money because I've paid the majority of premiums. I'm unsure what to do for the best. Whilst I'm trying to decide what I should do, I've put the policy into suspension awaiting my further instructions. I approached my lawyer for help and he only suggested I could 'buy his share out' but at present I'm not financially able to do this. It would be a large sum of money.

So I've asked Yi 3 questions. This is where I'd appreciate some analysis help from you:

Q. What should I do about the insurance policy?
A. 36 change lines 2,4 -> 34

Q. What would the consequences be for me if I cash in the policy?
A. 62 change line 4, -> 15

Q. What would the consequences be if I refuse to cash in the policy?
A. 41 change line 6, 19

I can't work it out. I've been out of touch with Yi for several months due to family concerns. I'd really appreciate your help. Thanks.

Zelda

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Q. What should I do about the insurance policy?
A. 36 change lines 2,4 -> 34

Hex 36.2 you have been attacked and injured by your ex. but don't worry it is only a minor problem and can be sorted out.

Hex 36.4 this says that he will not go away, he wants the money, so you will need to get of this problem and quickly.

Hex 34 you need to carefully think this thing through before making a decision, seek legal advice and go from there but it would appear that if you try to oppose him then you will lose, so it would seem that you will have to cash in.

Q. What would the consequences be for me if I cash in the policy?
A. 62 change line 4, -> 15

Hex 62.4 if your goal is to hold on to the insurance policy then that would not be a good idea and to try and force the issue would be dangerous for you as well, like resorting to the law. It looks to me like you will have to give in here.

Hex 15 suggests that you be realistic and not try to out do your ex, you are dealing with reality here, so your desires for a different outcome do not come into play.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Q. What would the consequences be if I refuse to cash in the policy?
A. 41 change line 6, 19

Hex 41.6 basically it is saying don't hold to this insurance, give this guy what he wants but in the end you will be the winner.

Hex 19 says that after you have this sorted out new opprtunities will come your way.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).