...life can be translucent

Menu

To Travel or not to Travel?

monkey

visitor
Reaction score
I asked on a previous thread about going to Africa with a guy I met and recieved Hex 23 unchanging. Hillary suggested some follow up questions and I posted then on that thread, but here they are again. Thanks so much!

++++++++++++

Thanks so much..... such different interpretations. I'm still confused.

The image of Hexagram 23 I can feel in my life. I have felt for the last year the pressure for inner transformation. What I want to know is what will best lead me through this change? That is what I'm confused about, to what part of my life is the Yi referring to with the answer of Hex 23? Before my trip I was sure about coming home and going forward with my chinese astrology studies..... excited in fact. I think I will take Hillary's advice and ask some follow up questions.

Okay.....

''what does is mean to say 'yes' to going to Africa with Chirs?

Hexagram 24-1 Fu (Return) moving to Hexagram 2 Kun (The Receptive)

''what does is mean to say 'no' to going to Africa with Chirs?

Hexagram 34-1 Ta Chuang (The Power of the Great) moving to Hexagram 32 Heng (Duration)

so....... hmmmm. Thanks again. I wish I had more to offer, thanks for all your help.

Lian

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
For me 24.1 often comes up when I nearly went out of my way, nearly made a mistake but had not gone so far as not to be able to put things right with little trouble. So in terms of your question - and the way the Yi answers me I might read it as 'this actually isn't going to happen - you come to your senses about this in time'. But then I often find the Yi preempts a decision I think i have yet to make - it predicts what I'll do and tells me in other words. For you its really hard to say - it could equally mean -' you almost made the mistake of not going - but you go'

34.1 for not going is strange - as if not going requires more forcefulness and determination than going ? Hmm maybe theres your answer - ask yourself which of these 2 choices you would have to most force yourself to do - whichever it is don't do that one.
If it feels more effort to do the one don't do it - does that help ? If going feels like falling off a log/easy do that.

Thats not an instruction by the way - you will know better than me about this decision - trust yourself

Another thought - supposing you go and love it at first then hate it - how easily can you back out ? Thats something I'd plan for.

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hexagram 34-1 Ta Chuang (The Power of the Great) moving to Hexagram 32 Heng (Duration)
so....... hmmmm. Thanks again. I wish I had more to offer, thanks for all your help.
Lian

Hmm. That's a tricky one. Little bit ambiguous. I'm really not sure, but my take on it would be to hold back a moment and return to the path that is opening up for you because great creative power is manifesting - bit like a refreshing streams pouring off the mountain and giving life to the land that was very dry. Let it do it's work before reaping the rewards. Hence the 34 that needs to be managed. That's one interpretation.

I had a look at Karcher's Total I Ching and found this line for 34.1:

"Don't exhaust the connection You are out to conquer the world. Hold back just a moment. Don't try to tell other people what to do and don't set out on any adventurous expeditions. The spirits are with you, but start slowly."

24 talks about coming back to the land of the living - a turning point and a renewal. That's a delicate state and needs to time to adjust.

So, make of all that what you will. In your position I probably would have gone anyway as the curiosity factor would have been too much too bear :D That has very often got me into some painful situations and scrapes where the "good" was finally outweighed by the "bad", so now I hope I'm a little wiser about things as sometimes curiosity really does kill some aspects of the cat - however enticing. :rolleyes:

So, have a good trip! :rofl:

Topal

M

maremaria

Lian

Hi Lian,
Sorry no answers on your question but just a question :eek:, if you allow me i'll split your question.
is this trip about Chris and all that he can offer you or is about a need just to leave to find something , a need to escape ? If it is the latter I would ask " what does this trip to Africa means to me?" or something like that.

maria

hollis

visitor
Reaction score
I sometimes wonder

Hi Lian. I wonder that answers like this let you write in a bit, your destiny. As I look over oracle changes over the years, there have been so many ways the answers played out, hexagrams and lines can be porous, they can also be nearly concrete. It sounds so nice to go to Africa. Will it cost you dearly in any way to go, and not have it work out? Is some fate really in the balance on this decision? Is the astrology there all the time?

monkey

visitor
Reaction score
Hello and thanks for all of the replies!

All of your questions points to my confusion and why I asked the I Ching in the first place. The trip isn’t about Chris,.......don’t get me wrong, I really like this guy and we had a very intense love affair in Zanzibar, but what attracts me more is the unique opportunity to travel in an overland vehicle through Africa. A very thrilling an special adventure with a person I trust and who I found I travel well with. It would be exciting. Initially I wanted the trip I just returned from to be longer, but couldn’t because of my astrology class. I’ve had an itch for traveling for a while, but always talk myself out of it. Just craving blah blah blah, do something useful instead blah blah blah blah.......As far as backing out? I don’t have much so I could come home with only my pocket book hurting pretty easily. The astrology class and the community I have built is the biggest thing at stake. The class in on-line. The man I’m studying with lives in California, but I helped organize a web conference class with 6 people (me included) in Arizona and then 4 people in Illinois. I am sort of the class mum....... The bandwidth only allows for 3 computers at a time (for now) so I couldn’t join the class elsewhere, but I could study privately. However, it would cost much much more and because I initiated the class it feels rude to leave it (although it would be fine without me). The thing I am feeling is this..... I feel like if I continue to go forward with the class that my life will become more cemented, which isn’t a bad thing. I would like some stability, but before I settle down I have this itch to be free like a gypsy. I don’t know if things will be waiting for me...... I think so, but everything is pretty lined up now. Why scatter the chips just to have to line it all again later. So one part of me says “Lian....just sit still and be calm and dedicate yourself to something!” .......BUT I don’t want to have some mid-life crisis and have to dissolve a stable life to travel later. Does this make sense? This is my dilemma. If Chris hadn’t asked me I don’t think I would feel such pressure to decide now, but I have this opportunity staring at me forcing me to ask “What do you want?”. My initial feeling is to go because the adventure is so titillating, but I want to do what is the most nurturing and beneficial in the long run. Excitement isn’t always the best choice, although very enticing. I don’t want to go and have nothing to return to. My fantasy situation would be to travel and then come back and have these opportunities still be available. If the I Ching says they won’t, that I would have to sacrifice these things to travel I wouldn’t’ go. That is why I asked these questions: What will the outcome be if I go or if I stay. Can someone offer that interpretation? Are my questions phrased right to get that answer? Thanks again!

Lian

hollis

visitor
Reaction score
Since you are the organizer of the class, can you postpone it? Arrange to have it in, say, January? Next Feb?

M

maremaria

The trip isn’t about Chris,.......don’t get me wrong, Lian

I didn't , so don't get me wrong ;) I had the impression that in each of your questions were two different thing you was asking. But this is only my opinion and based on that I proposed to spilt this question. if this not fit you or confuse you more than you are forget my comments.:eek:

maria

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).