...life can be translucent

Menu

29 to 55 - someone came back

tinas

visitor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been here before regarding one person, but I haven't been back since I've ended the friendship with this person--I can't put it into words, but the loss has had a profound effect on me, and the closest I can come to describing it is I've gone into 'hibernation'. But I would really appreciate it if I can get some insight.

I ended a friendship with someone back in December '06. After not seeing this person in six months prior (he lives a couple of states away), the day he was supposed to come visit, he didn't show, with a very poor excuse (he was shopping late and wound up hanging out late with a friend he hadn't seen in 'years'). So no contact between us in all this time.

Forward now to July '07, and he emails me, that he wants to send me something. I thank him for the offer, but decline as I am busy packing for a move. He sends me it anyway; it's just a movie that I liked. I reciprocated with a small painting I found that I knew he would like.

I don't want to bog everyone down with the details, but in a casting, I asked the I-Ching "Why is he doing this, for what purpose?" and I received 29 changing to 55.

I was very apprehensive, yet I emailed him the good with the bad...I let him know I missed him very much, but I also told him I felt I had no choice in ending the friendship--that by not showing he was pushing me away--after 6 months of not seeing me, he canceled our plans at the last minute with the worst of excuses (in my estimation).

I'm trying hard to put this in perspective; I feel very apprehensive with the danger aspect of 29, yet I can see how the "gifts through the window" relates to us making our small gift gestures.

I guess I'm trying to come to terms with 55. I haven't heard anything from him since my last email chastising him (he takes the good much better than the bad) 10 days ago. With me moving and changing my phone number and email account at the end of the month, he will no longer have any way to ever contact me again, and I just don't know if I should even bother giving him this info (even though he asked for it). And with an eclipse coming up, I'm trying to see a connection with all this.

On a final note, he did apologize for upsetting me (his exact words), but the reason for all my hesitation on starting up a friendship again is that I have no reason why he didn't show that night--him losing track of time, and picking that day to hang out with an old friend that he could have made plans with another night, just doesn't work in my book. I don't believe it was something done unconsciously at all.

I'm apologizing this was so long, and if anyone had the patience to read through all this, thank you. If you have any advice/comments to this, I will take the good with the bad and thank you in advance for that too.

T

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I felt I had no choice in ending the friendship--that by not showing he was pushing me away--after 6 months of not seeing me, he canceled our plans at the last minute with the worst of excuses (in my estimation).

I guess I'm trying to come to terms with 55. I haven't heard anything from him since my last email chastising him (he takes the good much better than the bad) 10 days ago.

On a final note, he did apologize for upsetting me (his exact words), but the reason for all my hesitation on starting up a friendship again is that I have no reason why he didn't show that night--him losing track of time, and picking that day to hang out with an old friend that he could have made plans with another night, just doesn't work in my book. I don't believe it was something done unconsciously at all.
T

"He takes the good much better than the bad." I bet he does! lol. If you are stroking his ego then everything is fine. He did apologise for upsetting you? How nice of him.Come on....Cutting him way too much slack here. Why put up with BS?

I see 29 as him being in a pit or having a difficult time for whatever reason and he wants to make hay while the sun shines. In other words: "Hey, I know I'll contact Tinas. She'll give me the energy I need."

Vampire. Ditch him. Move on.

Topal

cesca

visitor
Reaction score
Vampire. Ditch him. Move on.

While I wouldn't put it in exactly those words, I agree with Topal.

It doesn't really matter if you give him your new contact details or not. The question you want to ask yourself is: Is this the kind of relationship I want to be emotionally invested in? Because the relationship is what it is -- it sounds like you want it to be different, but there's no reason to believe it will change.

(And the lines of Hexagram 29 are dire!)

Cesca

tinas

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you for your replies topal/cesca; yes, deep-down I know from experience with this person that I cannot expect any real honesty or sincerity. I was hoping that somewhere amidst the lines there would be something that would allude to change within him.

I guess what I fear the most is the top line in 55; if that pertains to me. I've already shut-down in a lot of ways over the past half-year, but I will take it as a warning and try to change that.

Again, thanks for the replies--topal, you have a way with words! lm*o!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).