...life can be translucent

Menu

I'm Insecure About A Possible Opportunity

serchjing

visitor
Reaction score
Greetings All,

Recently, I met with some old business partners of mine and was very surprised at the direction all of our lives have take:eek: It was good to see them, we talked a little about the possibility of working together again. I don't know what to make of that. I don't think that it will happen tomorrow, but I wanted to ask some questions concerning this. I'm a little "in the dark" with some of Yi's answers, hence I'm asking for your gracious help yet again:

"What will happen if I asked John & Harris to help me with my business concepts?

Hex# 51 6-5, changing into Hex# 17

1. Does 6-5 mean that in the short-term I may lose money?

It's been a while since I've done business with them, and I wanted to ask the Yi if they are still trustworthy.

Please show me if I can trust John & Harris

Hex# 34 9-3, changing into Hex# 54

1. How does 9-3 relate to my question? Maybe I'm just not seeing it.
2. Is Hex# 54 talking about "timing"?

What's been on my mind lately is leavng my current position and company. I don't mean tomorrow, perhaps in the beginning of the new year, who knows we will see. Anyways:

I'm thinking about leaving my company and starting another company with JOhn & Harris. What do you think about this?"

Hex# 40...no changing lines

I've always had trouble understanding Hex# 40, and now is no different, what is really going on with this hex?

Thanks all. As always, I can't interpret alone and am very grateful to all of you who constantly help me.

Very kind regards,

m

U

unsubscribed_cm

40 is just about expressing somthing you've been holding up inside you. Releasing somthing after having been blocked up like in hexagram 39.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"What will happen if I asked John & Harris to help me with my business concepts?

Hex# 51 6-5, changing into Hex# 17

Hex 51.5 if you ask them to help you expect a few surprises and problems, but ask anyway as you have nothing to lose.

Hex 17 it looks like there will have to be adjustments in your plan, you will have to learn how to fit into this group, learn to adapt to the new circumstances.

"Please show me if I can trust John & Harris

Hex# 34 9-3, changing into Hex# 54"

Hex 34.3 I have the idea that they will try and take command of your business.

Hex 54 there is a strong possibility that they will manipulate you as you are not in the best of positions in this affair.

"I'm thinking about leaving my company and starting another company with JOhn & Harris. What do you think about this?"

Hex# 40...no changing lines"

Leaving your company seems to be a good idea and you seem to be feeling quite frustrated there, joining with theses two guys will help you to achieve a more satisfying job. So, time to move on.

empowers77

visitor
Reaction score
I'm thinking about leaving my company and starting another company with JOhn & Harris. What do you think about this?"

Hex# 40...no changing lines

This certainly seems like a big confirmation.

Factoring in the other hexagrams, I would say "overall" what has it is saying ....take into account WHY you've been unsatifisfied about your present situation and what is it that you've hoped to connect with in a change. (what is the core energy .. more freedom? income? creativity? -- Get clear about your intentions)

It appears this opportunity will bring success, but also internal growth. So, the clearer you are, the easier the transition will be. Trust your gut, if you liked working with these people before and you are drawn toward it .. there is a reason.

Elizabeth

martin

(deceased)
Reaction score
"I'm thinking about leaving my company and starting another company with JOhn & Harris. What do you think about this?"

The impression that I get from the first two answers is that the Yi is not very positive about working with J&H.
With 51.5 you might be in for a few unpleasant surprises and it's basically a gamble. Perhaps you will not incur loss. Perhaps!
Feels as if there is not much solid ground here.

And 34>54 indicates that you will be in a dependent position with little room for personal initiative.

I think that hexagram 40 means that leaving your company might be a good idea but my guess - because of the other answers - would be that the Yi doesn't mean to say that starting a company with J&H is also a good idea.

Can you not strike out on your own or together with others, not J&H?

Last edited:

youyi

visitor
Reaction score
Hi mirror saw,

I have not been doing English Yi Jing before but has started to go into it. Hope I have the correct Gua/Hex as per Hex 51 is "Thunder/Motion", and Hex 17 is "Following".

#51 indicate that both you and they are both capable in each of your own expertise. The hex also indicate your position in your company is not low. You are person who is positive in attitude and able to make advancement in life. You are benevolent in your nature. This time around, you really feel the itch to move. But there will come a stoppage along the way. #17 indicate there is a break apart or losing when you "follows".

To your 2nd Q... Aside from the above mentioned, lets see what else to draw from the Hexes... Based on Hex 51 - your potential partners has more leeway than you do. They have the wisdom/wit for them to act swiftly (I don't mean you don't have wisdom, just that they have better position to act). They can talk very well as well. In terms of control/management, both party are on par. But you are at the losing end... Based on Hex 34, the business is not going to be orbicular. You are will be coming back at the end of the endeavor.

Actually, in my practice there is no need to cast so many Hex. Define a context, work on that the Hex for that context. The same Hex can also reused for the purposes. In fact, just based on #51 there are so many things we can talk about you. It is like one situation will leads to a decision that directly or indirectly affects the other. Since you have already cast 3 in total, I just used it altogether and it all seems to be in sync.

The objective of 3rd Q, can be drawn from the above. Just to touch on lightly, you are moving with danger underneath, the other side of the coin is showing - tough.

The above are short but add to your reference.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).