...life can be translucent

Menu

Boss was snippy 38.4-41

Grandma

visitor
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I asked the ic what I should do about my new boss (I work as a temp) who was a little snippy to me. I thought should I say something to him about this or just be zen like and acknowledge to myself it hurt my feelings and not say anything.
I got 38.4-41
Not sure what it means. Does the 41 mean no job/income?
Thanks for any help.

void

visitor
Reaction score
Just a hunch but might it help for you to talk to a colleague there about it. Line 4 talks about you feeling 'orphaned' and alone (and having worked as a temp I know the feeling)but that you can maybe make contact with another who is sympathetic. You may find he treats everyone like this sometimes, in which case it won't feel so personal. Not sure aboout 41, though it does advise to curb anger or excessive feeling. Certainly my feeling is not to confront him just yet.

J

jesed

Hi Susan

Some ideas, just in case the commentarie could be useful

1.- The Objective situation: you are in the middle of an oposition. So, it is real (not figurated) the conflict. When one is in the middle of a conflict, one have to walk precautionly. Don't increase the conflict, but diminishing it (41)

2.- The Subjective situation: you need to be interiorly gentle but wise in the outer-world. Be aware you can not achieve great goals while the conflict persist.

3.- The way de Noble acts in this Objective situation: he/she mantain it's individuallity in the middle of community. It means: He/She won't let external facts (what happens in it's group, the conflicts) move he/she away from it's high nature, it's centerness.

4.- Something to do/understand in order to handle right the Objective situation: don't let the situation isolated you (had you ever read about "mobbing"? the first step to react is break the isolating enviroment) Find help.

5.- Your goal must to be: restrain lower fellings (anger, sadness, fear...)

Best wishes

Grandma

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you for you insights, Void and Jessed.
So funny about being isolated I work alone there. He isn't even there most times. I know this is his nature but am primarily worried about me not taking "crap" from someone (cause I did that for many years with many people) verses not taking this personally as you said. Perhaps than like Jessed says 41 restrain lower feelings, don't let this get me down. as far as 38.4 , does it mean if I can find anyone to talk about him with I should?

Grandma

visitor
Reaction score
PS< forgot to add, when the temp agency offered me this job I wasn't sure I wanted it cuase it is only 25 hours a week so I threw the ic and it seemed to encourage me to take it.

void

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Susan it could well mean that talking about him to someone else who knows him might help - then again I suppose you need to sure of your ground before doing so, incase the one you speak to tells him etc. As you know theres no fixed meaning for a line, but here i think the Yi is saying you are currently isolated in this role but this isolation is not going to last. The feeling of trust will be restored to you. It could even mean that you form a more positive bond with him ? It could mean you leave and find you are happier in another job where you are not alone? Or it could mean forging more connections with people there ? Either way the prognosis looks fairly good. I think it definately indicates to try not to get too enmeshed in the situation, bringing it up with him at this point is not helpful. I know what you mean though, sometimes if you have been bullied in the past it makes you want to make sure it never happens again and nip it in the bud. Just for now the Yi seems to indicate to let it ride, but you may need to consult again as it develops. Are you happy in the work other than that ?

J

jesed

Hi Susan

Have you think that your boss is the partner you must find?

You and he are isolated (one from each other) because of misunderstandings and "character diferences".

The answer of Yi Jing points to clear the misunderstandings and solve the diferences: both of you must have the right to be what each one is in this job-relationship, and find out how to work together with that diferences.

Best wishes

cal val

visitor
Reaction score
Susan...

I love you! I can soooo relate to what you're saying here... what you're feeling... taking crap in the workplace because you're a temp. Been there, done that.

I love you!

Love,

Val

PS... Void said exactly the same thing my gut said. That if you talk to someone else who works there, they'll probably tell you he treats everyone this way.

Grandma

visitor
Reaction score
thank you guys for your replies. Yes I think you're all right, I shouldn't say anything, and I should decrease my feelings of (hurt). If an opportunity comes to commiserate with any one else about him I'll try to take it if this is what the ic is saying.
Jessed what do you mean the boss is the partner i must find? Is that one of the lines I got? It might make sense but not sure where you got that.
I just always take 41 as financial but that's not always correct, it has other meanings. It used to upset me to get 41 but it's not always about $$$. Right right right???

void

visitor
Reaction score
I think jesed means that the person/companion in line 4 who helps you in isolation might be your boss. Line 4 says at first you are isolated then you meet a companion of like mind.

P

peace

I love how Jesed gives his commentarie - very helpful to look at:
Objective situation
Subjective situation
The way de Noble acts
Something to do/understand.

I am definitely going to use this formula.
------
Susan - I would also let it go for now.
41 just means decrease or less - could be anything. This could even be your hurt feelings:

From Huang: What is excessive should be decreased.
-------------
From Anthony:
Sacrifice feelings to which we are attached, such as desire, affection, repulsion, negation, alienation or irritation for the good of the whole.

Decrease, on the whole, is a call to sacrifice all forms of self-importance, including feelings of anger and retribution which occur when we feel forced into a seemingly impossible situation.

----------
Rosalie

J

jesed

Hi Susan

Void is right, my late post is about 38.4

Sometimes, one have to fight in a conflict (like in 21), sometimes one have to take a step back (like in 33), some times one have to find someone impartial to solve the conflict (like in 6).
And sometimes, one have to clear misunderstandings to convert a conflict in working-together (38)

41 does have a finantial interpretation, but also have a pshycological interpretation, and emotional and spiritual.

How can one know? derivated of the kind of question. What was in your mind? how to act related to an emotional conflict in your labor place. So, emotional aspects are enphatized in the interpretation

Best wishes

Grandma

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for writing. Posting helps me to understand the hexagrams better. 38.4 is interesting. I wonder if there is a connection between me and my boss. Sam Riefler says about that line if the relatioship is kept low key... you have met someone who is like you..(can't remeberr the rest) I think me and my boss will not have a close friendship but is it indicating a close workable symbiotic working relationship?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).