...life can be translucent

Menu

Book Resolution: 38 with 2,3,4 lines

drfrog

visitor
Reaction score
Don't know whether this should've been on the other book thread. But here goes.

Being nearly sure to give the books away, and after all the good advice from the members here, I asked:

"What if I choose to keep all the books?"

Its response: Hexagram 38 with 2,3,4 moving lines. To me it speaks of giving them away ;-)

I thought I should share this, because I have a knack of twisting a reading beyond recognition!

So... anyone agree with my basic thought on the books?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
The books must embody that area of interest you said you had that you have no longer ( i forget what it was). Theres conflict here, 38 to 21, but the conflict is only symbolised by the books isn't it ?

Actually i recall a similar dilemma where i had to decide whether to get rid of books as i was moving to a much smaller place - the books symbolised an area I'd worked in for a while that i must have thought was a part of my identity so it was about more than about the books it was like 'will i ever return to working in that area where those books will be useful' which was the real decision Actually i was quite glad to get rid of them.

But your first answer in the other thread, 26, did not exactly encourage getting rid of them, and i kind of feel if it were the right time for you to get rid of them it would be an easier decision. Still it sounds like you want to be rid of them but the conflict must surely lie in how you feel about that area of interest now, maybe you need to examine a bit more why you have lost interest in something you must once have been very interested in. Does it mean your outlook on life has changed very much ?
I see your answer 38 to 21 as you having to chew through this dilemma and see clearly what the opposing forces in 38 really are at work here. They are are being symbolised for you in the books but whats the issue behind the books - will giving them away help you to resolve these issues ?

Either way keeping or not keeping the books won't impact on your life that much despite what these decluttering gurus tell us - unless you are living in a very small space of course

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score

Its response: Hexagram 38 with 2,3,4 moving lines. To me it speaks of giving them away ;-)

So... anyone agree with my basic thought on the books?

Nope, I think you've got it all wrong. But I think you got it all wrong on the other one too, so at least things are consistent.

You asked about getting rid of the books and the Yi responded with 26, which if anything, suggests you should get MORE books, not get rid of them.

As for Hex 38, it talks about situations that are polarized, with forces pulling in different directions, which is exactly where your head is right now. First you ask about getting rid of the books and ignore the basic meaning of the hexagram you draw, and now you ask the opposite question, and ignore the basic meaning of the hexagram you draw. I think however, that when you consult the Yi it provides you with one very important piece of information: you find out exactly what you want to do, no matter what the Yi or anybody else tells you. It's really clear that you want to give the books away, and it's really clear that you're not going to take any advice from the Yi or anyone else. The only question that remains is why you continue to consult the oracle and ask for input from people here. What are your doubts?

By the way, the relating Hex for your 38.2.3.4 draw is Hex 22, Adornment. Somehow this polarized situation is an adornment as well. Strange. Maybe you LIKE things to be contradictory? lol

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
oh yeah its 38 to 22 not 21 :eek: this is a relatively trivial decision you feel torn over - it must, as i said before have other connotations/significances for you. I don't think this reading tells you to give them away or keep them - it just reflects the situation you're in. However i think your 26 answer encouraged hanging on to them - still if you really want to give them away do it.

Sometimes i think every decision appears of great consequence because we can draw a hexagram over it - I've asked some (trivial) things lately and didn't like the answer so did what i wanted and in hindsight realised I'd fallen into the trap of giving too much significance to each decision (when doing as I'd wanted turned out very well ) - if you look at the worst consequence of what could happen and it is minor then you may as well do as your inclination tells you. Consulting can muddy the waters of decsion making if you start to think the decision is of more consequence than it really is - and of course the I Ching must dignify every question with some kind of answer - its a question of scale again I guess and as the language in the Yi is fairly dramatic i think we often get into over dramatising minor decisions. (speaking generally, not saying your book issue is any more minor than any one else questions :) )

Last edited:

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score

You will be overwhelmed by stuff that you don't want anymore, your connection to the books is over. Having a lot of books could be called beautiful but that is adornment and true beauty lies in simplicity. So the I.C. is saying that you can make progress in clearing up small everyday problems like getting rid of your books. (Selling would be better than giving them away.)

drfrog

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, folks, for this and the previous question. I should've clarified my 1st question because my image and intent was wanting to know the result of getting rid of the books: after the event and how it would affect me.

@ Dobro: I appreciate your advice. And I do listen to advice from Yi and people such as yourself. You provided a great mirror which I reflected in for a couple of days. Thanks.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).