...life can be translucent

Menu

Natal Exagram

mesmer

visitor
Reaction score
Natal Hexagram

I have studied the "plum flower mind i ching" as stated in the version of Jou Tsung Hwa. Using that method I extracted the equivalent exagrams from my birth date. Here is what I obtained: 47.4 > 29. Could someone give me his opinion about it?

Last edited:

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
If it's a natal hexagram, then it's a kind of theme for your whole life - a lesson to be learned through study and experience and effort.

Hex 47 talks about confinement in either external conditions that confine or an internal sense of oppression, or both. The inner sense of oppression is the more important one, cuz it can depress you and make you feel that life isn't fair. So what you have to learn, through study, experience and effort, is how to accept life when it seems to confine you and not allow you freedom to move or breathe easy, and do what is necessary anyway.

As for 47.4, it talks about slowing coming to a realization that your style is rather inflexible, and you need to learn how to be more accepting and adaptable. This whole feeling about life is distressing, but it comes to an end in the end. It sounds as if as your life continues and as it unfolds, the sense of oppression and confinement is going to get weaker and have less of an impact on you. You can help yourself with this process by taking responsibility for your actions and learning how to go with the flow more, and do things according to the book less often.

Hope this helps.

mesmer

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you dobro, it sounds a sound judgment. What about hexagram 29?

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
47:
You enjoy sitting in your nutshell and dream of people offering you their fondness or even love. But only if you discard the shell yourself can you prevent that particularly those people have to hurt you, that have been seeking closeness to you with the best of intentions.

29:
You sence dangers but you do not fear them. This gives you the advantage and makes you unassailable. You win, therefore, because you make conflict superfluous. And only then.

-From I Ching, New Systems Meathods and Revelations. Angelika Hoefler.

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you dobro, it sounds a sound judgment. What about hexagram 29?

I believe that Hex 29 is built into 47.4 already. I think that 47.4 contains the idea that the situation is one that involves a certain amount of risk that you have to go through.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).