...life can be translucent

Menu

Stay with a new job? 1.3.5 --> 38

profane

visitor
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'd be grateful for any advice anyone could offer regarding what the i ching has given me. I asked: "What will be the effect of staying at my new job at [x]?" I received 1.3.5 changing into 38.

The background is that I recently finished school (studying music), moved back to my parents' place, and am planning on leaving town again in February or so. In the meantime I wish to find casual employment to keep me busy and make a few dollars. The job is working in a restaurant, even though I have never worked as a waiter before; in addition, it's a fairly expensive French restaurant. I'm sure the only reason they hired me, despite my lack of experience, is the crazy job market where I am right now (which also means I don't think I *need* this job; I should be able to find something else quite easily). Today was a try-out day, and I found it very stressful and not enjoyable (it's a rather unfriendly work environment).

I find the move from "The Creative" (Wilhelm) to "Opposition" worrying; it doesn't sound like a good effect of me staying! Yet 38 also suggests "In small matters, good fortune."
I don't know what to make of that.

The judgement for the fifth line of 1 -- "It furthers one to see the great man" -- also makes me wonder. Frankly, I haven't met anyone I have been able to think of as a great man at this restaurant.

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated! Right now I'm leaning towards not pursuing the new job, but I'm not sure what to make of what the i ching has told me...

Thanks in advance!

profane

visitor
Reaction score
Replying to my own post. How tacky. But I thought I'd share the results of a follow-up question I asked:

"What will be the effect of me leaving my new job at [x]?" gave me 55.1.4 --> 15.

Hmmm.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
I asked: "What will be the effect of staying at my new job at [x]?" I received 1.3.5 changing into 38.

At first you will find the job very stressful and difficult but give it time, learn the ropes and then you will do well. Hex 38 indicates your working environment where all the other waiters are looking out for themselves because of the tips, so friendliness is not an important issue for them, and therefore when you work here you will feel no team spirit. It is the tips that keeps every waiter doing his own thing, looking out only for himself and you will be the same.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I.3 could refer to your feeling you have to be constantly vigilant as you learn the ropes. Maybe 1.5 means seeing the "Great Man" in each of your customers. Interpreting 38 as the tips makes sence to me. So I read this as saying if you commit yourself to learning the job and treat your customers like they are Honored Guests you will successfully accumulate decent tips. Actually sounds like a positive.

If you leave the job I think 55.1.4 > 15 is optimistic about finding another one, maybe even something more closely suited to your real interests.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).