...life can be translucent

Menu

Help with my interpretation?

indra

visitor
Reaction score
I got interested in iChing by reading a book called teach your-self the iChing, but the results I recieved do not really make sense to me? Could some-one please help me with the intrepreation I receieved from the Oracle.

1. ) Question
Why is the situation between me and an ex-partner so awkward and tense, even though she has obviously moved on and found a suitable partner who she wishes to share the rest of her life with?

My results are as follows: So I asked the oracle & I receieced a changing hexagram was shown to me after I completed the exercises from the book.

First Hexagram Reading: The first number I received was 14, Changing line on this one was 3rd line, which was number 9.

Second Hexgram Reading: The second number I recieved was 22, Changing line on this one was 3rd line, which was number 9 again.

I had a look at the Iching Translation book but the answers do not seem to make any sense to me. Would any experienced divinators be able to help with what the Oracle is trying to say or teach me about the situation I am struggling with?

Thank-you for your help!
:)

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I'm not sure what hexagrams you got for your answer. Do you mean you got this hexagram:
-----
-- --
-----
--x--
-----
-----
That is, hexagram 14 and are you saying that you tossed three tails for the third line and so there is a change line in the third position? If this is the case, then your second hexagram would be hexagram 38. Opposition:
-----
-- --
-----
-- --
-----
-----
Hexagram 14.3 says
A prince offers it to the Son of Heaven.
A petty man cannot do this.

This suggests ideally a (prince)person ought not think of a former friend as their personal property, but still it happens that sometimes a (petty) person still wants to feel they somehow own or control the ex.- even when they actually do have a new partner.
Opposition is about maintaining ones independance even when you have to be in close contact with others. "Amid all fellowship the superior man retains his individuality." Thus, if these are indeed the hexagrams you threw, it seems the I Ching is saying your ex-girlfriend still feels some connection with you and you must be vigilant not to react as if you two still are a couple. If you have any possessions that are hers or if she has anything that is yours, anything that symbolizes you being a couple, I'd be real quick to sort them out. Maybe even have a picture taken of yourself single or with your guy pals, something that establishes the You of today as not a part of a couple.

Last edited:

indra

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Rosada,

Notes: My Throws are as follows, if you get a tail this counts as 2 and if you get a head this I believe counts as 3.

1.) 1 Head + 2 Tails = 7
2.) 2 Heads + 1 Tails = 8
3.) 3 Heads = 9
4.) I Head + 2 Tails = 7
5.) 3 Heads = 9
6.) 2 Tails + 1 Head = 7

7. --------------------
8. -------- ----------
9. ---------O---------
7. --------------------
9. ---------O---------
7. --------------------

I repeated this procedure five times so so that you end up with six totals. First throw represents the bottom line. The second throw represents the next line and so on. Below I did this:

A.) First Hexagram Is this technique right as this is what the book suggests? Well it's slightly confusing follwing the book but this what I have done
a.) = 14
7. --------------------
9. ---------O---------
7. --------------------
9. ---------O---------
8. -------- ---------
7. --------------------

b.)
7. -------------------
9. -------------------
7. --------------------
9. --------------------
8. -------- ----------
7. --------------------

A.) Second Hexagram The number 9 appeared twice and the book suggests that this heaxgram is changing. Would you agree witn this

c.) = 22
7 --------------------
9 ---------O---------
7 --------------------
9 ---------O---------
8 -------- ---------
7 --------------------

d.)
7 ---------------------
9 --------- ----------
7 ---------------------
9 ---------- ----------
8 ---------- ---------
7 ----------------------

Have I done this corrently as the book is quite difficult to follow? Hope my detailed working can help you see where I actually went wrong?
Regards :)

Last edited:

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Indra,
If you go to the top of the Clarity page you should see the word "Learn". Click on that and follow it to instructions on how to toss the coins and build a hexagram.
Good luck!

Rosada

indra

visitor
Reaction score
Indra,
If you go to the top of the Clarity page you should see the word "Learn". Click on that and follow it to instructions on how to toss the coins and build a hexagram.
Good luck!

Rosada

I believe I solved my problem. Now I need help interpreting my answers from the I-Ching Oracle. I received the numbers 13 for the first hexagram, with 9 showing in the forth lines and 21 for the second heaxgram. with 9 showing in the fourth lines of the diagram.

Is this a really good sign for me as I believe she is going to spend the rest of her life with this one like in husband and wife.

I read the answers from the I-Ching but they seem quite far-fetched. What's it's saying is absurd but then that can't be right, can it? Am I reading the Oracle's answer as it should be, would any-one be able to shed light on this topic?

Regards :confused:

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
This has gotten so confused. I think you might get more responces if you start with new thread. State the question. State the hexagrams you received in answer. Tell us what you see in the hexagrams. Then state what you are asking from the group.

It's fun to get readings, so I hope you will try your hand at deciphering some of the questions others are asking and give a few readings yourself. Even if you don't feel you have any keen insight to begin with, you'll be delighted at how one does start seeing patterns once you are bold enough to post. Plus it's kinda like paying your dues to give a reading if you're going to be asking for them.

mudpie

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Rosada,

Notes: My Throws are as follows, if you get a tail this counts as 2 and if you get a head this I believe counts as 3.

1.) 1 Head + 2 Tails = 7
2.) 2 Heads + 1 Tails = 8
3.) 3 Heads = 9
4.) I Head + 2 Tails = 7
5.) 3 Heads = 9
6.) 2 Tails + 1 Head = 7

7. --------------------
8. -------- ----------
9. ---------O---------
7. --------------------
9. ---------O---------
7. --------------------

HERE, if you threw number 1 first (7) and then 8 and then 9 and then 7 and then 9 and then 7.....you put the lines backwards above...the first throw represents the bottom line.

with this throw, if #1 was the first line then the response was 13 changing to 21.

The way you have it above reads 14 changing to 22.

________
____ ___
________ *
________
________ *
________

this is 14. lines that add up to 9 or 6 are changing.
change line 2 and 4 and you get hex 22

_______
_______
_______ this one is 13. change lines 3 and 5 and you get hex 21
_______
___ ___
_______

When you throw coins, the first throw is the bottom line, the last throw is the top line. which way was it? if you tell me which line you threw first, we can get the right interpretation for you.

It is EITHER 14 or 13. It is not both.

mudpie

visitor
Reaction score
oh , sorry I didnt see what you said..you got 13 with changing lines 3 and 5 ??? this becomes hex 21.

forget the adding...just remember that two heads and one tail equals a yin line, a broken line__ __
one head and two tails equals a yang line ______ unbroken
3 heads = yang ______ (changing)
3 tails = yin ___ ___ ( changing)

indra

visitor
Reaction score
oh , sorry I didnt see what you said..you got 13 with changing lines 3 and 5 ??? this becomes hex 21.

forget the adding...just remember that two heads and one tail equals a yin line, a broken line__ __
one head and two tails equals a yang line ______ unbroken
3 heads = yang ______ (changing)
3 tails = yin ___ ___ ( changing)

This stuff is complicated for a beginner like myself, anyway much appreciated thanks for you help.

Yep I got this which is 13
_________
_________
_________
________
____ ____
_________

then changinging to 21

but the asnwers in the book don't really make sense, how does this relate to my question? Which was why is the situation between me and an ex-partner so awkward and tense, even though she has obviously moved on and found a suitable partner who she wishes to share the rest of her life with?

13 Fellowship with others
21 Biting through no 9 in the fourth line

My interpretation from this is that I should actually give things a go and see what happens? Am I correct in my interpretation but at the same time I do have my doubts about the answer from the yijing as she may end up with him, if this is so shounldn't i leave it well alone, but the oracle says otherwise!

Would any-one be able to elabarote on this?

Thanks you for being so patient with me

Kind regards

mudpie

visitor
Reaction score
yes, you got 13 changing to 21....I dont know where you think you got no 9 in the second hexagram, line 4....? the second hexagram would not have changing lines, only the first one...the second hexagram is the tendency or future or relating hexagram...it comes from the changing lines in the first hexgram........in the second hex, you only read the text, not the lines.

well, 13.5 is a line about eventualy re-uniting with a partner from who you are separated...first tears, then joy. if such is the case, 21 could say to make the effort.

HOwever< i do not want to give you false hope...if your ex has found a partner with whom "she wishes to spend the rest of her life"...the 13.5 could relate to that union...in which case you might have to "bite through" this truth and accept(21)

From what you say above, it doesnt sound like there is much room for you to "give it a go" with your ex, but maybe this is not the case? what makes you feel you can try to reunite, do you have good reason to feel it is possible?

indra

visitor
Reaction score
yes, you got 13 changing to 21....I dont know where you think you got no 9 in the second hexagram, line 4....? the second hexagram would not have changing lines, only the first one...the second hexagram is the tendency or future or relating hexagram...it comes from the changing lines in the first hexgram........in the second hex, you only read the text, not the lines.

well, 13.5 is a line about eventualy re-uniting with a partner from who you are separated...first tears, then joy. if such is the case, 21 could say to make the effort.

HOwever< i do not want to give you false hope...if your ex has found a partner with whom "she wishes to spend the rest of her life"...the 13.5 could relate to that union...in which case you might have to "bite through" this truth and accept(21)

From what you say above, it doesnt sound like there is much room for you to "give it a go" with your ex, but maybe this is not the case? what makes you feel you can try to reunite, do you have good reason to feel it is possible?

I suppose the hardest thing to do is to let it go,I supose things do happen for a reason and there's a reason why she's engaged. But there still seems to some underlying issues un-resolved between us, more like anger seems to be like a major obstacle on my part which prevents me from talking to her. But the funny thing is that she keeps perservering with this trying to get me to talk to her? For what reason I don't understand

Also synchronocity, events, situations keep repeating themselves over and over again which is puzzling. For instance I live opposite a school and the partner she ended up with also lives opposite a school in another area, but here's the funny thing it's only a 5 mins walk from where I live. There seems to be something at work here or I might just be over-analysing the situation and it could be coincidence.

I suppose that's why I thought it could be possible between me and her. Common sense would urge me not to get involved and just let it be, but for some reason I just can't seem to let it go!

Warm Regards:)

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
1. ) Question
Why is the situation between me and an ex-partner so awkward and tense, even though she has obviously moved on and found a suitable partner Hex 13.3,5 > 21

Firstly, it is due to mistrust, she is not sure of your motives, she suspects something bad to come from you, so you have to clear up any misunderstandings if you want to remain friends. You may feel sad now because of the doubt she has but give it time and she will see you mean no harm, and a new friendliness will develop between you. It is just a matter of you doing nothing to upset her but to try and be her friend.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).