...life can be translucent

Menu

Do I go or do I get some of the money back?

nicky_p

visitor
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a problem with a plane ticket. It was bought to go out and see someone who now it seems doesn't want to see me. I have the option of going anyway or cancelling the ticket but I can only have a quarter of the money paid refunded to me. I asked the I Ching:

"In respect of this relationship and the option to get my refund what should I do about this ticket"

I recieved hexagram 6 with moving line 9 in the 2nd - moving to hexagram 12.

Hexagram 6 seems to be telling me not to go but hexagram 12 seems to be saying that I shouldn't take the money: "he does not permit himself to be honored with revenue".

Hexagram 6 does seem to say to get some impartial advice. Please could someone advise?

Nicky
xx

R

rosada

If the change lines don't make sence, I will sometimes back up and see what I can get just from the hexagrams.

6. Conflict (leads to)
12. Stagnation

That says to me that the conflict with your friend has caused you to now consider not going.

This consideration has stalled you in knowing what to do with the ticket.

Maybe you should ask a revised question, "What should I do about this ticket?"

J

jesed

Hi Nicky

Just in case the comment could be useful

Both hexagrams talks about retire yourself to avoid dificulties.... This is not time to start a risky enterprise.... Line 2 explicitly said "return home".... you couldn't get anything when dark people's power is high (sounds familiar?)

In one prhase: is not good idea travel to see him in this time.

But.... you had clarity on this already, isn't?

So, what is the doubt? Money aspect (the posibility of lose the money you had paid)

Image of 12, in this context, is something like: "don't let Money make you go out of your house"

So, is not that you shouldn't take what belongs to you (the refound)... is about don't make the travel just to avoid lose money.

Don't hesitate on this... even the posibility of lose money shouldn't make you betray yourself.. betray the inner clarity you had achieve about not going to see him.

Best wishes

R

rosada

Greetings,
I agree with Jesed's interpretation in that the hexagrams and line certainly seem to be saying don't go for the relationship. But I'm wondering if you had some other reason or feeling to go on this trip. That's why I say that IN TERMS OF THE RELATIONSHIP it seems best that you take the loss = and the refund - and stay home. But did you have some other reason to go? Like did you always want to see that part of the world and are wondering if despite the fact that the relationship is over, whether you should still go? If that's the case, while the toss says don't go for the relationship, I'm wondering if you should ask if you should go for some other reason? If you think that may be the case, I feel you should toss again.

nicky_p

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Rosanda & Jesed,

Thank you both for your advice. I think that both of you have touched on things.

Jesed, thank you again for coming to my aide. You've helped me so much through all of this and I appreciate you're honesty and insight into this. I think you know me well. I have been thinking of the money and that it is paid for and so I should just go.

Also, as you suggested, Rosanda, I have been thinking about going just to go and see the place. It's far away and I don't think I'll get the opportunity to go again - at least not in the foreseeable future.

I've never been one for passing up on opportunities. I am worried though about doing this as I would be by myself for 2 weeks (that is if I don't give in to the temptation of going to see this person which if I'm honest would be a definite!) and it is over Christmas and New Year - an emotional time to be on your own?

I did throw again but not the same question. I thought I might do some soul searching. I asked "Whay am I still thinking of going?" I recieved hexagram 7 with moving lines 9 in the 2nd and 6 in the 3rd - moving to hexagram 15.

I think this is telling me not to be stubbon for stubbon's sake - just to prove that I can go and I will be OK. Possibly to aknowledge to myself that I'm not strong enough to go and resist the temptation of seeing him - be modest?

Nicky
xx

R

rosada

Hi Nicky,

7.2 is about being in control - of your emotions.
7.3 is about not putting yourself in a position where temptation is too strong..

15 is about being true to yourself. living your own best life.

So you are thinking about it because you'd really like to go but you know you'd be tempted to call him, so you are having to Know Thy Self to figure out if it's really wise to put yourself in such a position.

Suggestion: Hang a map or a picture of the place up on the wall. You may find that in a day or two it's much clearer whether you should go or not.

nicky_p

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Rosada,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. It really helped - all I had to do was look up a picture of the place on the internet and I knew that I wasn't ready to go yet. Instead of feeling excited and happy that I might be going somewhere new (I love travelling) I was just filled with fear and sadness. I guess I was looking forward to the places I might have gone with this person rather than the places themselves and it took a bit of reality to hit it home. I wouldn't be in control of myself so it's not wise to put myself in that position. Maybe you shouldn't take EVERY opportunity that comes your way - if you're not going to get the right things out of it.
Thank you for your help
Nicky
xx

R

rosada

Hey, glad to know it helped! i learned that tip in a feng shui class. Another tip is fresh flowers in the woman's home attract love into your life. Good quality artificial flowers are okay, but dried flowers encourage hanging on to relationships that are dead! So throw out all the old potpouri and buy yourself a bouquet.
You've earned it!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).