...life can be translucent

Menu

Results of a test

Grandma

visitor
Reaction score
I took a test tonight in school, and I asked how I did. I got 7.5 29. I don't think that sounds good.

jerryd

visitor
Reaction score
Susan, If I may offer this, 7.5 allows the person success unless they were to stray from the prescribed path(test instructions)or (teachers admonitions). 29 suggests you may not have done as well as you may have hoped(I see you as somewhat of a perferctionist) never the less if 100% is not achieved, (commentary) paraphrased by me,{ Never lose confidence, relying on heart and mind, deeds will be honored, going forward there is success. danger in Heaven, no one can ascend, Danger on Earth, mountains and rivers.} Perhaps the teacher was having a bad day???Perhaps you were???

Grandma

visitor
Reaction score
That's funny you see me as a perfectionist. Is that from my postings or this reading. I wasn't necessarily having a bad day but I had missed the last class and I didn't realize we were having a test last nite, then I had to pick up my daughter and she was at the train station one hour waiting for me so that didn't help knowing I had to hurry.
Do youknow the Sam Reifler(sp) translation? He has 7.5 as you fulfill your position as poorly as the people you surround yourself with fulfill thiers.
I didn't think I did that poorly. But that line seemed sort of like failure.

Grandma

visitor
Reaction score
PS I easliy could've strayed from the teacher's insturctions or etc.

Grandma

visitor
Reaction score
Jerryd in case you read this or for anyone else, just as a clue to the ic readings, I got a 180/200 on the test which is good, I think, better than I thought I did from the reading.

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
Susan: which just goes to show, right? You did okay on the test, so the 7.5 draw you got obviously wasn't talking about your test results, right? So what could it have been talking about? Well, how about this idea: it was talking about the inadvisability of asking the Yi about stuff which you can know or find out yourself. The Yi knew you'd find out how you did on the test. *You* knew you'd find out how you did on the test. You both knew you didn't need the Yi to answer that question. So the Yi was addressing that aspect of the situation rather than the question itself.

R

rosada

Wait a minute here, back up a sec.

Susan asked, "How did I do on the test?" and she got 7.5 - 29.

Let's look at the actual hexagrams.

7. The army needs perseverance
And a strong man.
Good fortune without blame.

We rephrase that..,

The student needs perseverance
And a strong teacher.
(with those conditions met...)
Good fortune without blame.

Okay, this is a pretty streight forward.

7.5 The game is in the field.
It furthers one to catch it.
Without blame.

Okay, "the game" is the test and of course it furthers her to pass it. Nothing wrong with that.

Let the eldest lead the army.

This tells me the teacher's ideas are the one's to be followed. Not the time to be too imaginative with the answers,
follow her instructions, parrot back what she taught you.

The younger transports corpses;
Then perseverance brings misfortune.

Warning against bluffing answers ? (Did she subtract points for wrong answers?)

Changing to....

29. If you are sincere you have success in your heart and whatever you do succeeds.

If Susan sincerely wanted to pass the class, then she studied until she knew the answers by heart and thus she can trust whatever her instincts told her to answer was correct.

All together these hexagrams don't necessarily predict how Susan did on the test, but rather it tell us what was necessary for sucess. If the class was run by an experienced teacher and if she followed the teachers instructions, and if she did not lose her focus and just answer questions wildly, and if she had taken her responcibilities as a student sincerely - ie. studied until she felt she knew the material in her heart - then she can reasonably assume that she successfully passed the test.

And she did!

----

Of course, I have to admit that this brilliant analysis came to me as hindsight! ;-)

jerryd

visitor
Reaction score
Susan; congratulations and well done, loseing only 10% is an achievement worth note. So when it is all said and done you did better then expected, you worried over nothing and the Sage lost sleep for nothing..LOL As for your being a perfectionist, I was only placeing a guess, perhaps you are one who just likes all their ducks in a row? grins!(
happy.gif
> Dobro I think is making a good point also.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).