...life can be translucent

Menu

17 to 45 about another person finding love

elizabeth

visitor
Reaction score
I know the Yi doesn't usually comment on others but comments on ourselves. But I've seen fellow posters' readings here pertaining to other people (relatives,lovers,friends) and wanted to try again.

I asked if a person I know has found true love? It gave me 17.1 to 45.
I asked if he had forgotten about me and it gave me 17.1 to 45 again. (!!!)
And then I asked if i have reason to hope he will return to me and it gave me 45 solid unchanging twice.

I find it eery that all 3 questions shared 45 and the first two were identical.

Can anyone shed light on this? Are these positive interpretations?

J

jesed

Just in case the comment could be useful

Warning: I know many people won't agree with this interpretation. Take it only if is useful for you

Yi Jing hadn't answer your questions, but talked to you beacuse asking that.

You asked that questions, unfair questions actually, because you want to follow him. But the relationship HAD change and you must accept that and adapt yourself (17.1).

Instead of asking those questions, you should center in yourself.. in your own development.

"In order to reunite others around him/herself, one must focus first in him/herself" (Wilhelm comment on 45 image)

Best wishes

elizabeth

visitor
Reaction score
Wow Jesed, thank you. That makes some more sense and yes, it is helpful. Thanks.

Would the i ching answer me... if i manage to focus on myself... would that bring the desired result?

I've read so much about the idea that life manifests that which we envision. (If we envision obtaining our dream job, we will get it). But it seems to me that only works in the realm of jobs, finances and practical matters, never in relationships.

J

jesed

Hi Elizabeth

Maybe you could find useful ask this questions:
1.- General Diagnosis of my sentimetal Time
2.- What do I have to learn in order to improve my sentimental life in this Time?

First questions shows where you are in this important aspect of your life... second (at the light of the first answer) suggest how to get better.

Best wishes

elizabeth

visitor
Reaction score
Jesed, a great suggestion. I did just that and maybe you can help me interpret the results?

For the first question I received 42.1.5.6 and then hex2 "Receptive" unchanging.

42= Increase.
It furthers one
To undertake something.
It furthers one to cross the great water.

L1:
It furthers one to accomplish great deeds.
Supreme good fortune. No blame.

L5:Change in the fifth place means:
If in truth you have a kind heart, ask not.
Supreme good fortune.
Truly, kindness will be recognized as your virtue.

L6:
He brings increase to no one.
Indeed, someone even strikes him.
He does not keep his heart constantly steady.
Misfortune.

hex2 The Receptive brings about sublime success,
Furthering through the perseverance of a mare.
If the superior man undertakes something and tries to lead,
He goes astray;
But if he follows, he finds guidance.
It is favorable to find friends in the west and south,
To forego friends in the east and north.
Quiet perseverance brings good fortune.

+++

for the second question i received
13.1 Fellowship with men --> 33. Retreat. Solid. Unchanging.

hex13=
Fellowship with Men in the open.
Success.
It furthers one to cross the great water.
The perseverance of the superior man furthers.

13.1 Change at the beginning means:
Fellowship with men at the gate.
No blame.

33=Retreat
Retreat. Success.
In what is small, perseverance furthers.
The Image=
Mountain under heaven: the image of Retreat.
Thus the superior man keeps the inferior man at a distance,
Not angrily but with reserve.

++

for the first question..i have to undertake something and be receptive. For the second, I
need to interact more with friends.. but the hex33 confuses me. Retreat from what?

J

jesed

Just in case the comment could be useful:

Among other meanings: 13 ==> 33 get fellowship with the right persons... retreat from wrong persons

"superior man keeps the inferior man at a distance"

Did your relationships had been with unfair people?

Best wishes

elizabeth

visitor
Reaction score
Jesed,
I suppose in retrospect, yes. I trust men and then I get hurt (more than once). But how do you know if someone is inferior at first? You can't know it except with time...and then it's too late.

Would this 13--> 33 now mean retreat from a specific person? Or is the Yi just saying in general? Maybe I should ask the Yi how i would know who to retreat from?

elizabeth

visitor
Reaction score
After the prior post, I asked "How can I know if I am interacting with good men?"

39.1.3.4.6 and then 25
39. Obstruction.

Line 1 = retreat for the time being

line 3 = you are responsible not to plunge headlong into something (?this line shows the man who must act as father of a family. If he were to plunge recklessly in to danger, it would be useless because those entrusted to his care cannot get along by themselves. But if he withdraws and turns back to his own, they welcome him with great joy.?)

Line 5 = it is better, therefore, to hold back for the time being and to gather together trustworthy companions who can be counted upon for help in overcoming the obstructions.

Line 6 = This refers to a man who has already left the world and its tumult behind him. When the time of obstructions arrives, it might seem that the simplest thing for him to do would be to turn his back upon the world and take refuge in the beyond. But this road is barred to him. He must not seek his own salvation and abandon the world to its adversity. Duty calls him back once more into the turmoil of life. Precisely because of his experience and inner freedom, he is able to create something both great and complete that brings good fortune. And it is favorable to see the great man in alliance with whom one can achieve the work of rescue.

25 =Man has received from heaven a nature innately good, to guide him in all his movements. By devotion to this divine spirit within himself, he attains an unsullied innocence that leads him to do right with instinctive sureness and without any ulterior thought of reward and personal advantage. This instinctive certainty brings about supreme success and 'furthers through perseverance". However, not everything instinctive is nature in this higher sense of the word, but only that which is right and in accord with the will of heaven. Without this quality of rightness, an unreflecting, instinctive way of acting brings only misfortune. Confucius says about this: "He who departs from innocence, what does he come to? Heaven's will and blessing do not go with his deeds."

This reading speaks to me on several levels but it is still foggy. The first hex seems to be telling me the same thing: retreat, do not pursue/phone/contact. Be yin and not yang. You have responsibility to yourself not to lose your head and heart until someone has proven himself. Go slow.

The second hex is interesting however. On a theoretical basis, I disagree with it. I do not believe man?s innate nature is good; I believe it is evil. This hex speaks of both sides, the good and the evil. In a perhaps perverse fashion, my experience with the gentleman I'm trying to forget reflect hex 25 if I understand it correctly: he let me down ?easy? without showing the pure evil side of man that I have encountered before. (unfortunately, this only serves to make me more interested in him, not less) However, his actions were done in an almost-too-late fashion (not having reflected) which has brought me immense misfortune. Had he thought ahead, my heart would have been spared.

Again the Yi hasn?t responded directly to my question, it rather seems to be saying ?you don?t know unless you wait?. And I don?t see how 25 relates to the question.

++

I then asked "with whom should i form an alliance now" since it seemed to be suggesting alliances. It gave me
31.4.6 -> 54

31. Hsien / Influence (Wooing)
A lake on the mountain:
The image of Influence.
Thus the superior man encourages people to approach him
By his readiness to receive them.

line 4:
Perseverance brings good fortune.
Remorse disappears.
If a man is agitated in mind,
And his thoughts go hither and thither,
Only those friends
On whom he fixes his conscious thoughts
Will follow.

Here the place of the heart is reached. The impulse that springs from this source is the most important of all. It is of particular concern that this influence be constant and good; then, in spite of the danger arising from the great susceptibility of the human heart, there will be no cause for remorse. When the quiet power of a man's own character is at work, the effects produced are right. All those who are receptive to the vibrations of such a spirit will then be influenced. Influence over others should not express itself as a conscious and willed effort to manipulate them. Through practicing such conscious incitement, one becomes wrought up and is exhausted by the eternal stress and strain. Moreover, the effects produced are then limited to those on whom one's thoughts are consciously fixed.

line 6: The influence shows itself in the jaws, cheeks and tongue.

The most superficial way of trying to influence others is through talk that has nothing real behind it. The influence produced by such mere tongue wagging must necessarily remain insignificant. Hence no indication is added regarding good or bad fortune.

hex 53
Development. The maiden
Is given in marriage.
Good fortune.
Perseverance furthers.

This hexagram is made up of Sun (wood, penetration) above, i.e., without, and K?n (mountain, stillness) below, i.e., within. A tree on a mountain develops slowly according to the law of its being and consequently stands firmly rooted. This gives the idea of a development that proceeds gradually, step by step. The attributes of the trigrams also point to this: within is tranquillity, which guards against precipitate actions, and without is penetration, which makes development and progress possible.

The development of events that leads to a girl's following a man to his home proceeds slowly. The various formalities must be disposed of before the marriage takes place. This principle of gradual development can be applied to other situations as well; it is always applicable where it is a matter of correct relationships of co-operation, as for instance in the appointment of an official. The development must be allowed to take its proper course. Hasty action would not be wise. This is also true, finally, of any effort to exert influence on others, for here too the essential factor is a correct way of development through cultivation of one's own personality. No influence such as that exerted by agitators has a lasting effect. Within the personality too, development must follow the same course if lasting results are to be achieved. Gentleness that is adaptable, but at the same time penetrating, is the outer form that should proceed from inner calm. The very gradualness of the development makes it necessary to have perseverance, for perseverance alone prevents slow progress from dwindling to nothing.

++
Hm. Doesnt seem to be telling me who to ally with, but just that i should go slowly thru the process of building allies, is that it?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).