...life can be translucent

Menu

Modesty & a relationship?

M

mirian

I am at the very beginning of a relationship with someone who seems to have the potential to be the partner that I am looking for.

I asked the Yi - How is this relationship going to develop in the short-term? - and got Hex 15 with 1st and 3rd moving lines.

What does a relationship have to do with Modesty???

Then I asked the Yi - What if I go to his house to be with him? (because we've had four dates so far and I had never met him before, so he is still a stranger to me...)

I got Hex 23 with 5th moving line.

I have to say that I fear Hex 23 (whatever the lines might be:eek:)

Please help me understand the readings for the two questions.

Mirian

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
I asked the Yi - How is this relationship going to develop in the short-term? - and got Hex 15 with 1st and 3rd moving lines.

It suggests that if you remain natural and don't call any attention to yourself like by getting into arguments, being pushy then things will go well for you, you will have to becareful and diligent but it will pay off well.

Then I asked the Yi - What if I go to his house to be with him? (because we've had four dates so far and I had never met him before, so he is still a stranger to me...)

I got Hex 23 with 5th moving line.

It suggests that it would be okay to do so, so you must learn to trust him, see the situation for what it is, expand your viewpoint.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
MODESTY creates success.
The superior man carries things through.

This sounds like a very positive reading suggesting that by not projecting grandiose long-term expectations on this friendship but simply taking things one day at a time you will feel this is a successful relationship. "The superior man carries things through" sounds like a caution to not make promises you can't keep and to watch how your friend fulfills his commitments. If you promise to call at 5:00 one shouldn't have to wait till 5:15.

"He weighs things and makes them equal." Note how much time and attention you are giving this friendship. It is not appropriate to be giving this friend more of your time that he deserves, don't go off into la-la land dreaming about him.

"Where no demands are put forward, no resistances arise."
A caution not to be requiring this relationship be anything more than what it is. Like no telling all your girl friends you've met your Soul-Mate.

"...Carries things through to conclusion."
A very positive omen for feeling that you can get to know each other very comfortably, without having to pretend to be anything other than who you are. If you do this, 15.3 suggests the realtionship moves along in a very appropriate manner. I would think it would either become a lifetime connection or when you feel you've gotten to know each other well enough to know you don't want a deeper commitment, you will be able part on a friendly note.

15.1.3 changes to 24. Return. Have either of you recently come out of another relationship? Perhaps there is a need to restore trust in partnership? The hexagram Return emphasizes how carefully everything must be treated at the beginning.

You ask about going to his apartment. Hexagram 23 specifically says, "It does not further one to go anywhere." 23.5 talks about the princess submitting to her husband's wishes. Sounds to me like a visit to his apartment would not just be for the purposes of getting to know him better, but could lead to you being placed in a compromising position. Is the relationship really at this level yet? Since you received 15. Modesty as discribing the best course to follow with this friendship, I feel any behavior not in keeping with Modesty will not serve you.

Last edited:
M

mirian

Thank you both for the interpretations.

Well, It seems that Hex 15 suits me after all because I am taking this relationship at a very nice pace, I mean, without pushing too far, whitout putting too much (or unrealistic) expectations on it... (all the things that I used to do in my past relationships:eek: and that might have led to failures).

So, it was nice to see the connection between Hex 15 moving lines and how the relationship will or should develop.

Regarding Hex 23 5th line you've got a bit of a different view on that. Yes, I've got an issue of trust because my previous relationship resulted in unbearable harm. My previous partner broke promises, lied, etc...

Anyway, that is the reason I feel insecure about taking a step forward (my second question about going to his house...) My problem is not about commitment it is about trust. Willowfox, you said that I have to learn how to trust him...

If any of you could expand a bit more the Hex 23 5th line interpretation I would very much appreciate.:bows:

Mirian

M

mirian

Willowfox and Rosada - just to let you know that your interpretations have worked out beautifully.

The relationship is developing nicely. It has recently deepened and we're getting on well. I think that especially because I am heeding the Yi advice;) No grandiose expectations, acting with modesty, not being pushy, learning to trust each other (yes we both have trust issues related to the previous relationship).

:bows:
Mirian

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Wonderful!
How thoughtful of you to let us know how it is working out. That's the only way we can learn what these hexagrams really mean.

rosada

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).