...life can be translucent

Menu

42 to 33

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I'm wondering how others see this reading. I asked the question in a state of worry (well more like desperation) about a debt I have that i cannot see a way of paying. I meet the monthly installments but of course all the time interest is added and while i can go on making monthly payments at the moment I see this debt with the interest on it becoming really unmanageable. In practical terms i cannot think of how to cope so I asked "How can I cope/manage this debt" and got 42 lines 1,3 and 4 leading to 33.

I'm not clear about this business of moving the capital city. I will read up on it in old threads but meanwhile I'd be interested if anyone could give me their impression of the message of the reading. There isn't much more i can do in terms of actively solving this problem so I'm at a bit of a loss :(

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"How can I cope/manage this debt" and got 42 lines 1,3 and 4 leading to 33.

Hex 42.1 suggests money coming from the government perhaps to be used to pay of the debt.

Hex 42.3 suggests a windfall from a death in the family.

Hex 42.4 seems to indicate that if you approach the citizens advice office there is a chance they can also help you to get money from an outside source, like a charitable organization or from the government. Perhaps a very low interest loan that is manageable for you.

doingnotdoing

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Trojan - I don't know where you're located, but I would interpret 42.4 as indicating that it may be advantageous to involve an intermediary such as a credit counseling service. It may be quite possible that by involving an outsider you will be able to secure more manageable terms.

As an aside, 33 resulting is germane - I'm sure a reduction of the monthly obligation would be helpful, and may mean you wouldn't need to resort to flight (abandoning the obligation entirely with associated consequences).

Hope this helps - good luck!

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
"How can I cope/manage this debt" and got 42 lines 1,3 and 4 leading to 33.

Sorry to hear about your burden.

My reading of what you drew is pretty uninspiring, cuz I think the Yi is stating the obvious. (I also think that the obvious is what needs to be stated, in this case.)

42 is about putting more into the situation - more time, more energy, more of yourself. 33 is about withdrawing from the situation. Put 'em together, and you get the obvious sequence of events: by putting more into paying off the debt, you withdraw from debt. Simple. Obvious. But less than helpful. So, look at the individual lines.

42.1- it's time to really stir things up. Okay, you know that.

42.3 - putting time and effort into a bad situation is a good thing to do in this case. This is hopeful, cuz it's saying the situation isn't hopeless.

42.4 - this is where I think the help is for you. I think 42.4 is about making changes at the center of things, relying on authority, and dissolving the present way things are organized. The center of things here is the debt situation and how you're dealing with it. The Yi seems to be suggesting that you can usefully restructure and reorganize this by getting some expert help and changing the way you're dealing with it. Does that mean asking someone you know for monetary help? Maybe. Talking to a bank manager? Maybe. Getting a new job that pays more? Maybe. Changing your residence or lifestyle so that you're spending less money? Maybe. I don't know your worldly situation, so I don't know. But you do.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks all I'm feeling better already :) Well what makes me feel better is the aspect of 42.4 I hadn't really seen, about making an approach to some kind of authority/intermediary etc to get it sorted. I can't go for the 'earn more' option at the moment but I might find some way of reorganising the whole thing - possibly. At least I'm seeing this isn't a reading that says 'all is lost, give up' - it does look like a time to be proactive doesn't it, however i go about that. I still have a good credit rating so thats on my side for the moment

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
Yes, it's quite proactive, and rather encouraging I think.

Consider two possibilities regarding 42.4:

1 You are the authority at the center that stirs things up and changes the way things are organized.

2 Somebody else is that authority.

It could be either, I think.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
THE IMAGE
Thus the superior man keeps the inferior man at a distance
Not angrily, but with reserve.

I see this as you not allowing negative thinking to intrude.

To memorize 33. I drew a cartoon of the superior man sitting at a table in a restaurant. The seat next to him is marked RESERVED. In the background the Inferior man is unable to find a chair. The idea is that we can choose how close we let thoughts/illusions/reality move in on us.. WE know it is there and needs to be dealt with, but we don't have to invite it to sit at our dining table. We can reserve the space/the reality around us by what we put our attention on.

I think 33. is encouraging you to keep thoughts of this money owed in the proper respective, at the proper distance. Keep thoughts of debt close enough so you are alert to patterns meant to guide you to solution, but far back enough that you are not immobilized by too much focus on them. As you keep thoughts of money owed in proper perspective suposedly you will find the money will be there as you need it (easy for me to say, I realize, I hope it's true!)

Best wishes and peace of mind,
rosada

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Rosada, I hadn't thought of 33 here as keeping the thought of the debt at a distance, good idea :) except not too distant lol

luz

visitor
Reaction score
I think that the 33 might refer to having to stop using credit cards for a while or something like that. Of course I have no idea whether you use credit cards at all but I get this idea because I know that, at least here in the US, when you go for credit counseling they usually try to figure out a way for you to pay what you owe comfortably, by negotiating with debtors and so on, but they also usually advise avoiding these situations in the future by buying things only in cash, etc.

In the more extreme cases, people declare bankruptcy and they are actually ineligible for credit for a number of years but this is only extreme cases.

I think that, whatever the result, it's worth looking into getting some help with this. It's really not fun to have a debt you are going to be paying for the rest of your life, pretty much, without making much of a dent on the principal. I hope you are able to solve your problem, best of luck! :)

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Lightangel, I'll need some luck though i do think 42 indicates theres a bit of creative potential for sorting this :)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).