...life can be translucent

Menu

61.2>42 did i accuse her wrongly?

spica

visitor
Reaction score
I accused a friend of something and we arent talking to each other anymore.
I asked if she was as i accused, and i got 61.2...to 42
does that mean i accused her wrongly?

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
I asked if she was as i accused(guilty), and i got 61.2...to 42

It would suggest that she was being very well intentioned and did not lie, so now you have to correct your mistake with an apology.

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
What Willowfox said.

61.2 talks about the closest and most significant intimacy and harmony of spirit between two people. Kiss and make up.

guiandrade

visitor
Reaction score
Understand and forgive

Wind stirs water by penetrating it. Thus the superior man, when obliged to judge the mistakes of men, tries to penetrate their minds with understanding, in order to gain a sympathetic appreciation of the circumstances. In ancient China, the entire administration of justice was guided by this principle. A deep understanding that knows how to pardon was considered the highest form of justice. This system was not without success, for its aim was to make so strong a moral impression that there was no reason to fear abuse of such mildness. For it sprang not from weakness but from a superior clarity.

Thus the superior man:
If he sees good, he imitates it;
If he has faults, he rids himself of them.

I think you could be missing the point here.
Maybe it doesn't really matter if she was guilty or not.

I believe the I Ching is trying to point out that what needs changing is your attitude towards her.

Accusing someone will rarely prompt them to change, you must learn how to kindly and where possible swiftly inspire them to do so by being yourself the poignant essence of what you're trying to bring out on them.

In order to influence you must share a deep connection with them and that can only be done by "understanding, in order to gain a sympathetic appreciation".

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).