...life can be translucent

Menu

Now I'm really stumped!

Leracy

visitor
Reaction score
I'm having some quite serious health problems at the moment, which are making things quite difficult for me in lots of areas. Today, feeling very low I asked 'What is happening to me?'

And I got: 34.2.4 => 36

Great vigour and brightness hiding??? :rofl:

Any ideas what this is all about? :confused:

Sometimes I think the Yi is having a good laugh.

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
I'd say the Yi's not laughing, but recommending that you conserve your expenditure of energy. 'Exercise great power in hiding your light.'

Leracy

visitor
Reaction score
:bows: Thanks Dobro - that does make sense. Hadn't seen it that way at all.

schastlivchik

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Ann,

Often, we wreak havoc on our own bodies by making them do too much or undergo too much stress. Looking at the image you received in answer to your question, I might guess the following...

The two trigrams of #34 are the most energetic of the eight, suggesting that you wore yourself down through activity and stress. Heaven also symbolizes the nervous system, so it is very likely that soothing and calming activities will help you physically as well as emotionally. The fact that the first four lines are yang shows that restless energy and activity have overtaken the balance in your situation,and that these health challenges have come upon you strongly as well. So to counteract that...
The fact that 34 changes to Fire below Earth suggests a need for calm and warmth, especially inner warmth. I hope you not only receive nurturing from others, but that you are good to yourself and take great care of yourself through optimism and doing things that make you feel good rather than just to be busy or assume responsibility.

Do whatever you can to stay positive, and find a way to receive help and love from those around you.

very best wishes,
Schastlivchik

Leracy

visitor
Reaction score
schastlivchik, thank you very much indeed. So much of your post hit home. Over the last year I've done a lot of inner work, and I think this current condition is the end of it (I hope!). Certainly old stress to release still although not worn down by being 'busy' in the usual sense of the word. Rather not being busy enough, which in turn caused by negative inner beliefs. I'm getting lots of nuturing from others, including a totally wonderful complementary therapist. And finally found the right medical practitioner - one who listens, which in Britain is about as rare as hen's teeth. But yes, certainly what you say about optimism and feeling good are right on the button. Thank you again - much appreciated. :bows:

fallada

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Schastlivchik, this is great info, goes right into my notebook.

Now I understand an old reading, where 43.2.4 – 36 described and epileptic fit. Line 34.2 and 34.4, both strong in a weak place, are the only ones in the hex that overcome the restraining forces. Both within trigrams heaven form an unrestrained release (= 40) of neural energy, overstepping the rightful [nerval] path*. Like an uncontrolled flash of lightning that earthes its electricity.
(*Wilhelm: „ .. tritt nicht auf Wege, die nicht der Ordnung entsprechen”)

within my limited experience:

When a burnout-syndrom plays a role 36 shows up and warns of self-defeat.

34 may hint at self aggression (self-punishment, depression, etc) as a misdirected form of energy use. This happens when 34’s energy, that is there to conquer the outside world is held back, bottled up or frustrated. Then it can turn against ourselves and cause injury.

Leracy

visitor
Reaction score
Fallada, thank you, that's given me another load to think about!

Tony_L

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Ann,

I'm new to this forum, so first let me say hello. Here are a couple of thoughts about your question and reply:
"feeling very low I asked 'What is happening to me?' And I got: 34.2.4 => 36"

34 is a hexagram of tremendous force and energy, so what's happening to you may have to do with an excess of strenth or active energy. This could be physical like over-exertion, hormonal as in hyperthyroidism, or mental like excessive anxiety, for example. The two changing lines look very positive. The relating hexagram 36 suggests that something that could be clear is hidden. Your inner light is covered with dirt, so to speak. Perhaps the advice is to uncover what's inside so that you can see it more clearly. This could mean a medical test to clarify your condition or counseling to clarify what's on your mind.

#34 relates to the 2nd lunar month of the chinese year, which occurs during March/April, so I suspect the meaning of your response will become clearer around this time of year.

Best of luck with your health concerns,

Tony

Leracy

visitor
Reaction score
Tony,thank you.

I've been away for a couple of days so have only just seen your post. Quite extraordinary and so accurate. Thank you very much.

ann

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).