...life can be translucent

Menu

Hex 35.1.2 > 38 I Ching telecourse?

Tony_L

visitor
Reaction score
I've been debating whether to take Hilary's course by phone. It starts in April. With the US dolar sinking in value every day, it looks like a big investment. In addition, I would have to miss several tele-classes due to prior family commitments and much of the value of the course seems to be in interacting live with other students. It looks like a great course but my question is: Will my taking the course be worth my investment at this time? [An alternative is to wait till the next time she offers the course.]
The response was 35.1.2 > 38

35 looks promising
35.1 suggests obstacles in the way, and 35.2 implies worries about the outcome.
38 seems to suggest postponing taking the telecourse for another time.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Last edited:

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
This says that you would like to do the course but still can't make up your mind, if you truly believe in it then do it, it will be good for you. The next line suggests problems connecting with the class, maybe you miss the time or something but it advises you to keep learning, it further suggests that if you miss a session then Hilary will make some special arrangement to help you out so that you don't fall behind.
Hex 38 Opposition says it is going to be rather difficult because you live in two different countries and that does limit how much one can do but it does not deny success, the tele thing is bringing two opposites together, so in small things there will be good fortune.

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
It looks like a great course but my question is: Will my taking the course be worth my investment at this time? [An alternative is to wait till the next time she offers the course.]

The response was 35.1.2 > 38

It's a mirror. You know the course represents progress in your knowledge and use of the Yi (35), but your mind's polarized on the issue (38). 35.1 talks about how for every advantage you see, there's a disadvantage. 35.2 talks about your apprehensions regarding taking the course now despite the considerable 'blessing' involved. But there's a thing in both 35.1 and 35.2 to help you decide: 'perseverance succeeds' is common to both. This means if you carry out what you think is right, you'll have a good outcome. So...what do you think is right for you? Not what's expedient. Not what's your fear focussing on. What's right?

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
I probably shouldn't be commenting on the reading - too much of a vested interest. ;)

However, I should just add that there's no absolute guarantee I'll offer the class again. I want to... but the time commitment for me is a big one (doing two classes a week), and of course it's the same even if only a handful of people sign up. So I'm undecided.

Tony_L

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your responses. Willowfox is quite accurate: it's been hard to make up my mind. On the one hand, the course sounds excellent and I'm sure I could learn a lot; but on the other hand, due to family issues I may not have sufficient time to devote to it. With one day left to enroll at the discounted rate and leaning in that direction, I asked:

"What would be the outcome of enrolling today (March 18)?"
The response was Hex 3 with no changing lines.

This leaves me puzzled since Karcher translates the judgement as:
"Do not make use of having a direction to go."
This sounds like the oracle is saying, "don't enroll at this time."
Any insights into Hex 3 as a response would be greatly appreciated.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"What would be the outcome of enrolling today (March 18)?"
The response was Hex 3 with no changing lines.

It will be the start of a new learning experience but you must expect problems in the beginning, I suppose trying to adjust to the new routine but give it time everything will successfully sort itself and get done. All you have to do is just let it happen, it is a time of growth after all.

Tony_L

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks willowfox,

I went ahead and enrolled in the course. Over the next few months the meaning of Hex. 3 should become clearer in the context of this question.

Tony

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome on board, Tony :)

Hm... Karcher also describes Hexagram 3 as 'chaotic profusion'. Maybe I should look at my notes again ;)

M

meng

Welcome on board, Tony :)

Hm... Karcher also describes Hexagram 3 as 'chaotic profusion'. Maybe I should look at my notes again ;)

W/B also:

"The situation points to teeming, chaotic profusion; thunder and rain fill the air. But the chaos clears up. While the Abysmal sinks, the upward movement eventually passes beyond the danger. A thunderstorm brings release from tension, and all things breathe freely again."

Just noticing, this temporary chaos is reflected also in lines 1 and 2 of 35: progressing, turned back, progressing in sorrow, leading to great happiness.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).