...life can be translucent

Menu

Hex 23

firehorse

visitor
Reaction score
There have been a lot of postings lately in regards to this hexagram, but I'm having difficulty applying it to my own situation. I have held a torch for someone for a long time (someone that I was involved with for a period), and I have held things within control, remained friends with this person, as we see each other in a professional setting frequently. Events occurred last week that I realized the difficulty I am having being a receptive friend to him, because I still love him, and he is involved with someone else.

I don't hate him, I'm not really angry with him, but I have been avoiding and/or ignoring him, to help myself move on.

I ran into him several times today, and it was painful. This really is about my pain and hurt. I think it is obvious to him that I am avoiding him, although I don't think he is strong enough to ask me why.

I asked, "What will the outcome be if I tell him how I feel and why I am avoiding him" 23.6>2

"What will the outcome be if I just avoid him with no explanation?" 27.1>23

23.6 speaks of uneaten fruit. So, is it possible that I am being told to just let it go and move on, without an explanation? That is what I get from 23.6, but on the other hand, doesn't 27.1 speak of a missed opportunity?

I would love some insight here. One day I'm fine, the next I'm a mess again. i could really use some help.

Regards,

K

firehorse

visitor
Reaction score
One thing I failed to mentin, but want to make clear...I know that I need to accept reality here, the only outcome I am seeking is how to heal myself best.

Many regards,

K

void

visitor
Reaction score
I think you are right in your interpretation to let it go and move on without explanation. 23,6 implies there is good fortune for you if you can do that. I don't see that 27, 1 indicates a missed opportunity. I've never seen that line interpreted that way. I think it means you already know the answer, and that perhaps some secret part of you is harbouring the hope that if you speak to him of it something may just rekindle - or at least you will have that opportunity of contact, get some 'nourishment' out of it. I feel this line says you won't and further more you really don't need that kind of nourishment even if you think you do. You have all you need in your own heart right now, your're not a mess - infact your're actually doing pretty well
happy.gif

void

visitor
Reaction score
Oh crossed posts, with your second post. 27,1 is a bit of a slap on the wrist whenever I get it thats exactly what it turns out to be. I think its says basically you are letting go of your strength and power (magic tortoise) in your pining 'with mouth open' for something else.

Like you have plenty of wholesome food available but are pining away for a chocolate bar. You have what you need to heal, but you won't stop looking over at what you can't have even though its no use to you. Repeating what I said above you are doing well but think you're not. I can see it must be very difficult when you see him around in your daily life though.

M

micheline

I would communicate with him...not communicating leaves you with your mouth hanging open, feeling empty..27.1, but telling him how you feel and why you are being silent makes a new beginning possible for you 23.6 good luck

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).