...life can be translucent

Menu

Faithfulness 51.1.4.6 to 23?

althoz

visitor
Reaction score
This is a contradicting hexagram.
I asked if he was faithful to me, and got from 51 shock to 23 breaking up.
What does it mean, it can mean anything it seems. I want to guess but I dont know where to start.
Interpretation help is appreciated.

klann

visitor
Reaction score
Asking yes/no questions usually leads to confusing results.

Why did you consult I Ching about that? Did some rumours reach you?

51 is about shoking news, and the moving lines, as I see them, are suggesting the way you might be handling the news: line 4 speaks of "thunder leading to confusion" and being deep in the situation in which it is difficult to behave.
Line 6 mentiones chaos which can be caused by any action.

The rumours might be false or they might be right but you can decide how to deal with them. You might decide to split up after hearing the news or you might be able to reconsider (hex 23 speaks of "the Superior Man [who] remains where he is and accepts the situation."). Or, reversely, you might confront him with the news, realise that they are false but he might be hurt by your doubt (line 6 "For though we are not ourselves touched, our neighbours are harmed") and decide to split up.

These are just ideas, you see what's the best way of interpreting the reading.

althoz

visitor
Reaction score
Hi klann,

Yes, some rumours did reach me.
Thanks for your reading. It's interesting how 23 speaks of remaining where they are as well. I'm not sure what to make of this, but I'll just remain still for now.

Thanks again!

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
It would strangely perhaps signify that he is being faithful.

klann

visitor
Reaction score
It would strangely perhaps signify that he is being faithful.

Exactly. That's why I asked you, althoz, about the reasons for your inquiry: it's strange how you do not seem to consider the possibility of him being actually faithful.

althoz

visitor
Reaction score
Yes I think I could, but he's mighty evasive - I didn't know what to think about this.
It's interesting how you guys interpret the hexagrams - the last one (23) would have alarmed me already.:eek:

mrmorrow

visitor
Reaction score
This is a difficult answer to interpret.I see the shock has effected you as line 4 and 6 seem to go together on this.line 6 seems to indicate the gossip of others.It is ironic that usually when partners are unfaithful -you are the last to know.Well how about line 1 relief after shock.I feel your friends may help you alot on this matter-perhaps you need to have a sober respite from the situation.I feel there will be arguments between two people over this matter hence hex 23 as the possible outcome.Perhaps you can avoid the worst of possible outcomes if you can both talk it over with a view to putting things right.I really feel that if he was- he definately wont be unfaithful again-if you can be strong and direct in putting things right in this situation.Ok its easy for me to post a reply when i am not in the situation-but i hope i can read it clearer for you ,who is involved -line 4 hex 51.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see the answer as saying hes faithful or unfaithful, just alot of turmoil around (51)that is seriously undermining the relationship (23) but where that turmoil comes from only you know. It may be all coming from you ?

But my feeling is, if i had to say whether he was being faithful or not, that as Wfox said in a strange kind of way it might indicate faithfulness. Theres no need for the anxiety in 51.1 and in 51.6 its all rumour and not directly affecting you.

However your suspicion of him could be undermining things also or at least your anxiety around the whole thing.

Last edited:

althoz

visitor
Reaction score
Hi MrMorrow and Trojan,

Thanks for your replies. The reason why I was anxious on this matter was because he was just gone for almost a week. He's back now, but hasn't offered to tell me where he went.
Mrmorrow, you're right - my partner usually doesn't tell me stuff. 'Last to know', for many things, yes. I can only gather he's shy to tell me.
Trojan, I think you're right regarding my anxiety. I think he's faithful, but the shock came from a psychic reader who drew up a name I have never heard of.
I guess she's inaccurate (or practising) as I gave feedback but she never responded. And she got a few other things vaguely wrong as well.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).