...life can be translucent

Menu

Hex.23 Bad?

mousse

visitor
Reaction score
Hello All,

Once again I'm asking for your help. I still thinking about changing jobs, in the past few months I applied to three differents ones: no success. This week, I saw another job offer and I consider applying. So I ask the IC, what will happen if I apply? I received
Hex.22.1.3 > 23 :eek::eek:
Oh my god....hex.23 sounds really bad. But I thought about it . I was wondering if hex.23 wouldn't mean by stripping that I would have to leave behind everything that I have (job, colleagues, friends and family ) . Which is true because the job offer is abroad.

What do you think ? Is it REALLY awful? Or I got it right :rolleyes:;)

Thanks again for your insights,

Mousse

Sparhawk

One of those men your mother warned you about...
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I would say you should concentrate on 22...

mousse

visitor
Reaction score
Hello Luis,

Thank you. So I don't have Karcher's book at the moment with me. But I recall the 2 moving lines weren't bad. The way is open wrote Karcher. On LiSe's site I found :

Hex.22.1 :
Initial 9 : Energetic in one's feet. Abandon cart and go on foot.
Anything you do which is really you is beautiful and creative. Be wary of the danger of tools and examples. Every use of them takes part of your own doing away. They add possibilities and comfort, will maybe bring admiration - but people always long back to the good old uncomfortable days when life was still simple and real. Tools bring the accomplishments of today, your own creativity connects to the eternal sources.

Hex.22.39 at 3: Stabilize one's limits. Arrange one's ambitions. Danger of poisoning the heart.
A life with too many rules, limits, dogma’s and fixed values is not alive. Tao is not written down anywhere, your heart is the only one who knows – if your heart has enough freedom.

So I should make sure that I apply a job that is for me? I'm a bit lost here....

I did cast again the IC about that (I know it's bad...but I did it anyway :blush:). I ask: Should I apply?
I received
Hex.63.3.5 > 24
Line 3: I should be focused
Line : I need to show them what I accomplished (in my resume?)

Hex: 24 I'll be myself ????
Still lost :duh::duh::duh:

If anyone has an insight ....

Thnak you,

Mousse

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I don't understand what you have written re 22.3 ? Why the 39 ? Hmm anyway my feeling is you could be taking this way too seriously. I find 22 signifies lightness often. 22.1 here i might take as 'just do it' don't complicate it. 22.3 can be a little deceptive, where something looks all fantastic but turns out to be a bit of false appearance. No harm there, may be enjoyable but its nothing of such great import really. Perhpas this is what the 23 is about - you disregard this perhaps when you find it is not what you thought - but who knows just apply and see what happens.

For your second answer for the same question i presume (?) again 63.5 don't overdo this theres no need for elaborate presentation of yourself just do it. Actually 22 is much about presentation to - if its an outward aspect of yourself thats important in the job, your appearance or manner then maybe its favourable if much more is asked for in terms of commitment /seriousness from you maybe not.

63.3 also makes me wonder whether more than will be wanted from you than you are prepared to give. Are you seeing this superficially ? (22)

Ugh i know my answer is jumbled - but whats the harm in applying anyway - in the time you take to agonise and do this :duh: over it you could have got the application in then you can take it from there

mousse

visitor
Reaction score
hello Trojan,

Thank you. So with the "39": misatke with the cut/paste function....:duh::duh:

You are right. No harm in applying that's what I'm gonna do. About appearance well, the job looks cool but it might be very stressful. (The job is one in communication/PR. Also I guess, appearance/presentation is important)
I think the way to go may be not to have too much hope and be realistic and see what happens next right?

I'll let you know if it's THE job :) Thanks Trojan.

Mousse

ben_s

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Mousse.

22 shows a powerful situation. What looked like a quiet little hill is actually a volcano! There is a hidden energy that needs to be expressed. If it gets expressed properly, there is a beauty that inspires other people. It's the right thing at the right time, in the right way.

Is that why you want to change jobs? You don't get to have that now?

22.1 says, "get out and walk, don't be pretentious or try to get a shortcut." Actually, this is a gracious way to go. It leads to positive interactions with others. There's the job hunting term, "pound the pavement." Are you going out to talk with people personally? Are you doing "informational interviews" and building a network?

Or are you doing a "drive-by job hunt," blasting out resumes and applications? Might managers see you as someone who throws crumbs out the car, rather than someone who walks up to start a personal conversation? Maybe people only see the mountain, not the inner fire of your passion and your skills. Maybe your resume shows what you have done in the past - including the current job where you feel stuck - but not what you can really do once you're set free.

22.3 says, "instead of getting lazy with wining & dining, stay persistent at your work." The personal contacts you make should be friendly, but should stick to business. It's OK for people to know that you are building your professional network for the purpose of exploring new positions.

23 shows a fragile situation. If just one more problem is added, everything falls apart. Because circumstances are so delicate, it's better to put up with what can be endured, rather than trying to force a solution. Forcing anything leads to a collapse. This is the camel that will be broken by one more straw!

As I read it, the Yi is telling you that this is the worst possible time to leave behind your social network and start a new job, with a new company, in a new land. Once you get there, you might not know what people expect. You could accidentally offend people and get kicked out. What would you do then, so far from home?

If you can tolerate your current job, it's best to *graciously* :bows: build your network and get ready for a change. Don't try to overthrow the whole situation.

mousse

visitor
Reaction score
Hello Ben,

Hi Mousse

22 shows a powerful situation. What looked like a quiet little hill is actually a volcano! There is a hidden energy that needs to be expressed. If it gets expressed properly, there is a beauty that inspires other people. It's the right thing at the right time, in the right way.

Is that why you want to change jobs? You don't get to have that now?

Well right now I feels stuck and bored :bag:

22.1 says, "get out and walk, don't be pretentious or try to get a shortcut." Actually, this is a gracious way to go. It leads to positive interactions with others. There's the job hunting term, "pound the pavement." Are you going out to talk with people personally? Are you doing "informational interviews" and building a network?

I already had contact with the agency that placed the job offer and they encouraged me to send my application

Or are you doing a "drive-by job hunt," blasting out resumes and applications? Might managers see you as someone who throws crumbs out the car, rather than someone who walks up to start a personal conversation? Maybe people only see the mountain, not the inner fire of your passion and your skills. Maybe your resume shows what you have done in the past - including the current job where you feel stuck - but not what you can really do once you're set free.

In fact I'm applying for a total different kind of job, they will need to be open-minded when looking at my resume

22.3 says, "instead of getting lazy with wining & dining, stay persistent at your work." The personal contacts you make should be friendly, but should stick to business. It's OK for people to know that you are building your professional network for the purpose of exploring new positions.
I'm persistent and I keep doing ny job but I have a look around..just in case

23 shows a fragile situation. If just one more problem is added, everything falls apart. Because circumstances are so delicate, it's better to put up with what can be endured, rather than trying to force a solution. Forcing anything leads to a collapse. This is the camel that will be broken by one more straw!

As I read it, the Yi is telling you that this is the worst possible time to leave behind your social network and start a new job, with a new company, in a new land. Once you get there, you might not know what people expect. You could accidentally offend people and get kicked out. What would you do then, so far from home?

If you can tolerate your current job, it's best to *graciously* :bows: build your network and get ready for a change. Don't try to overthrow the whole situation.

I think it might mean that I should accept a job just for the sake of change (sorry about my poor english) . I know what I have here: nice colleagues and a really wonderful boss who appreciate me. But my contract will end soon so future is uncertain. My boss might not be able to keep me. So... Anyway I'll check carefully about the new job conditions and so on if they are interested in me . Thank you so much Ben.

Cheers,

Mousse

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
The first answer you got says be down to earth and just be straightforward when you apply as you should be able to succeed to getting the job as long as you don't become complacent about it.

mousse

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Willowfox, I'll keep that in mind :)

Mousse

J

jesed

Hi mousse

Just in case the commet could be useful

You could see the answer not as describing the objective outcome; but advincing you how to act in order to get the best of the action.

22>23 implies a tension between adorment (the way you present yourself in the aplication, the way you would "sell" your image ir order they hire you) and the core nude truth (what is REAL without any adorment, the essencial without any make-up process)

The order 22>23 (instead of 23>22) seems to advice you to be very dilgent in the way you present yourself. Watch the details, bring your talents to the light, be very polite, BUT avoid an excess in the form, and remain sincere. The form (22) as a way to manifest -without distortion or exageration- the core truth (23)

Best wishes

mousse

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Jesed for your insight. It does make a lot of sense. I know some people do, but I never lie on my resume (not a good idea to apply for a job you can't really do ;-) ).I'll avoid exageration and misrepresentation.

Cheers,

Mousse :bows:

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Nobody who insists on understanding the Yijing hexagrams in
terms of good and bad will ever come close to understanding the Yi.
If you hadn't made that little leap you would have been well advised
to abandon Yijing studies entirely.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).