...life can be translucent

Menu

I have two questions and need clarification...PLEASE HELP. Thanks

scarlet

visitor
Reaction score
HI,
I asked two questions to Iching and I am unable to understand. Please, could you please help me?

First Question:
This one is about a relationship that fell apart. I still have feelings for the person and wanted to get an answer from Iching on if we are going to be united.
I got hex 42 w/ changing line at 4 turning it to hex 25.

Second question :
I have been doing some internal work (affirmations etc) on some material successes that I want in life. I asked Iching if I am going to succeed in near future.
I got hex 58.3.6 > 1

Please, please help me understand iching's response.
Thanks
Scarlet

Last edited:

scarlet

visitor
Reaction score
No answer from anyone? :(

Hi,
could anyone please advice on my questions? Please?

scarlet

visitor
Reaction score
No one can help me??????????????

Please can anyone Interpret what Iching is trying to tell?

ben_s

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Scarlet,

I typically check the site once each day or two - no need to feel neglected if it takes a day for someone to get to your question.

What do these readings mean to you?

42 True leadership comes from service. The height of a moral life is to learn from the positive example of other people who are doing good, while at the same time, freeing yourself from your own faults.

42.4 Sometimes, someone can be in the middle and do a lot of good by passing a long a message about what needs to happen.

25 Success comes from being true to your own nature. If you persist in fulfilling your own potential, you will have good fortune. If you try to force yourself into someone else's plan for your life, you will suffer. The most harmonious society is one in which everyone's needs are met.

Applying this to the relationship that fell apart and you wonder if it could be regained:

Was there something you did to make the situation fall apart?
Is rebuilding this relationship the best way to be true to your ultimate life purpose and potential for good?
Could you sincerely be of service to the other person?
Would everyone's needs get met?
Is there someone who could be an intermediary and sound out the other person, to find out if there is still any interest on the other side?

58 Joy comes from inner strength that is expressed with outward gentleness. Good friends inspire the best in us, when we can talk over the most important concerns of life with ethics and spirituality.

58.3,6 If you only have happiness from circumstances outside of you, instead of joy from your heart and spirit, then you will wind up unhappy when good luck is gone. When this happens, you are a victim of the winds of fate.

1 The ultimate new beginning of expansiveness, long-term thinking, creativity, self-expression and leadership.

Applying this to your affirmations is straightforward. If your affirmations focus on what is best in your own heart, then you will be joyous inside whatever happens around you. In addition, this joyousness will guide you to a life in which your strength of character makes you the leader of your life.

scarlet

visitor
Reaction score
Ben_S
So kind of you to explain the meaning to me so thoroughly. :) and sorry for being so impatient.
Thanks again!
Scarlet

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
First Question:
This one is about a relationship that fell apart. I still have feelings for the person and wanted to get an answer from I ching on if we are going to be united.

This suggests that you need a third party to send a message to them but it is not looking good at the moment.

Second question :
I have been doing some internal work (affirmations etc) on some material successes that I want in life. I asked Iching if I am going to succeed in near future.
I got hex 58.3.6 > 1

I think that you are fooling yourself.

scarlet

visitor
Reaction score
Willofox
Why do you say ' I think that you are fooling yourself' for 58.3.6 > 1

I thought this was an indicator that I will succeed. (Hex 1 being creative force).
Any thoughts?

Tony_L

visitor
Reaction score
HI,
First Question:
This one is about a relationship that fell apart. I still have feelings for the person and wanted to get an answer from Iching on if we are going to be united.

Hi Scarlet,

Some thoughts on the first question. First, I think it's best to avoid "yes/no" questions. Basically you asked, "will we be re-united? yes or no" The Yi is much better at giving advice and describing what's going on. It might be more helpful to ask things like: what should I do so that we can be re-united? why did the relationship fall apart in the first place? etc.

42.4 has to do with finding a middle path and advising the prince to follow, and also to be useful in helping to move the capital city. Could the Yi be telling you to find a middle way if you want your prince to follow? I have no idea how moving the capital fits into your situation with your ex-boyfriend.

25 has to do with avoiding entanglements. Perhaps the breakup had to do with the two of you getting embroiled in emotional turmoil that he is trying to distance himself from. The Yi may be advising you to disentangle yourself from such enmeshing feelings to be able to see things in perspective. Then you will be able to decide where you want to take the relationship, if he is still interested.

Putting this together, I would read it as: You need to find a middle way and avoid overly intense emotional involvements that cloud your judgment.

Hope this helps.

Tony

arli

visitor
Reaction score
HI,
I asked two questions to Iching and I am unable to understand. Please, could you please help me?

First Question:

Second question :
I got hex 58.3.6 > 1

Please, please help me understand iching's response.
Thanks
Scarlet

Hello Scarlet,

42.4 - 25, related to relationship, hm... there is probably need to hear advice or to have a mediator between you two. But, you should fallow your principles as well... It might happened that you have chance to talk to this person somewhere (dinner at common friends you have? ) . Not quite sure, but there should be some help from "third part"...

58.3.6 - 1

You probably feel that your life is a little bit empty or you want to fulfill your long-term desires... Unfortunately, the line 3 is warning you about being too indulgent (complaisant) and looking for "empty pleasure ....while the line 6 is warning you of "being seduced". Maybe you are prone now to rely too much on affirmations, instead of doing something concrete?

The related hex 1 could be good sign, however, cause it means that you should understand that only REAL WORK will lead you to success.

Hope it could help.

All the best:)

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Willofox

I thought this was an indicator that I will succeed. (Hex 1 being creative force).
Any thoughts?

I agree with Wfox interpretation. Seems to me your answer points to your affirmations being based on the pleasures of fantasy. Hex one is the creative power and people sometimes think with all the blurb about affirmations they can harness this power to get them lots of material things. I don't think it works that way but what i think here is not the point - your answer indicates here I think chasing things for the joy it might bring you doesn't work - and line 58.3 seems especially apt, here one is looking forward to something but its a delusion.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
My experience with affirmations has been that one has to be ridiculously careful in how you phrase them. Otherwise, "Be careful what you wish for - you are liable to get it!" For example I have a girlfriend and for years we fretted about our inability to speak up and confidently charge enough for our work or even to be able to accept help when offered. She came up with a mantra, "People give me money and do me favors with no obligation from me and I accept!" We had great fun with that and would remind each other of it frequently. I found it useful. But my girlfriend was really overboard into it. She even put it on her answering machine! Long story short, it did seem she was able to be a bit more business like, not give away her services so cheaply etc. but then one day she had a terrible freak accident. She fell and was bedridden for months. During this time friends came out of the woodwork to help, she was constantly surrounded by a band of angels but...we couldn't help wondering, did the affirmations have something to do with this? Had she somehow created this scenario where she was in a position of NEEDING people to give her money and do her favors? Anyway, when we saw that connection we quickly ditched the affirmation. She has a new one now though, "Imagine." So far that seems to be working well.

I see 58 as being two lakes nourishing each other, tossing ideas back and forth and thus saying Affirmations can be good for stirring up ideas. As hexagram 1 is so positive I can't think that your doing affirmations would be totally without effect. Perhaps it is cautioning that you must be very clear that what you are affirming is helpful or like my friend you may come to feel you've set something in motion you aren't all that pleased with.

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Great story ! Hmm it does make you wonder if the affirmations set that off - but I gotta say it sounds a very 42.6 kind of affirmation - she wanted people to give her money and do her favours without her giving anything back - and thats what she got ..........

ben_s

visitor
Reaction score
I had a similar situation when I desperately needed a certain amount of money by the end of the month. I affirmed that the money would be in my hands by that time!

I was robbed, and the insurance check was for just that amount of money!

I decided it would be better to make affirmations about getting the money I need from profitable clients!

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I always thought if you had to do affirmations to bring you profit of any kind then you should always add something along the lines of "without harm to any being and for highest good of all". Otherwise, in really fairy story type fashion I think, you get results like Rosadas friend and Ben. Reminds me of those stories where someone is granted wishes and they get into alot of trouble...like the Sorcerers Apprentice

We can tap into the power of the creative (hex 1) but we have to accept the consequences of what we conjure which isn't always pretty

Last edited:

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Willofox

Any thoughts?

The lines suggest delusion and false happiness, something that gets you nowhere and has no foundation upon which to build. Hex 1 is about the positive, but a nuclear explosion is also positive to some folk, energy can easily get out of control.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Although the lines 58.3 and 58.6 describe seemingly unproductive wishful thinking, they do lead to Hexagram 1 which is about having a focus and the ability to maintain one's focus. Perhaps the idea here is that what appears to be merely wishful thinking at first, if continued can lead to forming a strong powerful intention. Thus without telling if your affirmations will be successful, perhaps the I Ching is saying you are still at the stage where getting clear about what you are affirming is key.
The word "affirmation" means to make firm that which already is. If we have never danced before and wish to be a ballet dancer, to say, "I am a ballet dancer" is probably going to be instantly rejected by the unconscious and nothing will come of it. However, if we anchor our affirmation to something we already know to be true, such as "I love music, I move to music," then the affirmation may stay with us and grow to become a magnetic intention.
So I vote 58.3.6>1 is not saying your affirmations will not work, but simply saying what you are affirming must somehow be based on something firm.

58.3.6 maybe a warning that if YOU believe the affirmations are merely wishful thinking that is what you will manifest.

Last edited:

mudpie

visitor
Reaction score
Agreeing with Rosada, Affirmations can be powerful even if we feel they are wishful thnking at first. Part of the process in doing affirmations is to encounter the very thoughts that reject the statement. I don't think the rejecting thoughts will hold you back unless you give them more power, and rather than doing that, you can choose to "suspend your disbelief" while firmly intending what you want.

my first experience with affirmations (and visualization) was when I was looking for my first apartment as a young woman. I wanted this apartment overlooking the water but it was taken and , I was told, it was impossible to get in to that building of six apartments. Ahhh, I thought, to have that apartment is wishful thinking!

But a wise woman told me to simply envision myself in "the perfect apartment" and to affirm that I would find it. I did this, though I didnt really place much stock in the process. That was actually a key to the success of it: I wasnt greatly attached to any particular outcome, and everytime I had a contradictory thought, I didnt fight it, I just chose to "suspend my disbelief".....
a little time passed and I found a suitable apartment, not ideal, and I was about to go sign the lease. Just for the heck of it, I made one last call to the landlord of the waterview apartments....he said : " someone just cancelled their new lease, come over right now and it's yours." It was the perfect dream apartment!

I think if I had tried to affirm that the waterview apartment was mine, it wouldnt have worked that way. As it was, I had let it go, but kept the intention general . With affirmations, it seems the gentle, loose touch works best. Too much attachment to a certain outcome seems to be less productive.

Last edited:

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Cool story, Listener!
Re your "part of the process in doing affirmations is to encounter the very thoughts that reject the statement," I came across this today (sort of fits with our being on "39. Obstructions" over on the Memorizing thread):

"Any idea tends to realize itself unless opposed by other ideas. You will know when opposing ideas are gone - results appear."

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).