...life can be translucent

Menu

Outcome of heart attack: 23.5 > 20

Tony_L

visitor
Reaction score
My brother-in-law recently had a major heart attack and needed open heart surgery. He is now in the cardiac ICU and progressing very very slowly. The doctors say he would not survive a second surgery if one were needed in the near future. We are worried he may not survive, so I asked, "What will be the outcome of his treatment in the hospital?"
Answer: 23.5 > 20

I'm puzzled how to understand this response. 23 certainly has to do with cutting, and he underwent surgery to repair damage to his heart. 23.5 talks about fish and palace women (? the ICU nurses ? who are wonderful). Is 20 saying that all I can do is step back and look at things from a distance? Any feedback would be welcome. I feel too close to the situation to understand this response (23.5 > 20) clearly.

Thanks,

Tony

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Line 23.5 that he is no longer going down but is now slowly on the mend, it suggests a good outcome for your brother-in-law.
Hex 20 is telling you to look at what the doctors and nurses have done, look at the facts as they come in and don't let your emotions cloud this issue of his recovery.

ben_s

visitor
Reaction score
23 describes an unstable situation which is balanced out by some excess being distributed more evenly. "Thus those above can ensure their position only by giving generously to those below." It could be about atria as "those above" that need to "give generously" to the ventricles. More likely, I think, is that it confirms that the medical experts are providing quality care to someone who needs it.

23.5 says that just like a school of fishes swims together, that's the way "the court ladies" are doing "everything to further" the situation medically.

20 says that after mankind has done what people can do ("the ablution"), the next step is to honor natural laws and divine grace ("the offering"). People determine the outcome of washing, then it's up to spiritual forces beyond people to respond to the offering. "Full of trust they look up to him.... If piety is sincere and expressive of real faith, the contemplation of it has a transforming and awe-spiring effect on those who witness it."

This experience could be spiritually transforming, whatever happens next medically. The oracle seems to me to say that prayer and meditation is important. No pun intended and I wish there was a better way to say this: the oracle advises you to be open-hearted about the life wisdom available to your spirit.

From my own personal perspective: One thing my partner and I have learned from our cancer support group is that people often outlive the prediction of doctors. "There's no hope" means, at best, "based on the statistics and patterns I've seen, hope is now minimal using the interventions I understand." It doesn't mean, "My crystal ball lets me say that despair is the only option."

Tony_L

visitor
Reaction score
UPDATE:
My brother-in-law has survived so far but is still in the intensive care unit. He required two open heart surgeries because of two anuerysms in the heart's ventricle. The surgeons thought they repaired them, but a couple weeks later one of the repairs sprung a leak. It's a miracle that he is still alive. As a result of his weakened heart, his kidneys have begun to fail and he is on dialysis. In spite of these complications, his spirits are good and he has preserved his intellectual functioning. The doctors are even talking about his eventually going to rehab. It's been a long and diffiuclt journey so far. I don't know how much of what has happened was presaged in the initial response 23.5 > 20.

Tony

ben_s

visitor
Reaction score
Tony, I'm glad he made it through so far.

Your first post said the doctors thought a second surgery would be fatal - but he's already had two, and is still here. That shows he's sturdier than they expected, doesn't it?

I hope he gets good care, and he's in our prayers.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).