...life can be translucent

Menu

Health question: 33.3.5.6 -> 16

void

visitor
Reaction score
How do you view your answer ? What do you think it might mean ?

justanotherme

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Void,

It really baffles me. I don't have a lot of experience with the Yi. And, right now, I don't even have my books with me.

Looking at Lise's website, 33.3 talks of disease? The other two lines might suggest retreating from things or situations that might be affecting their health? Relating hex 16, I don't understand in this context.

Overall, I think there might be a warning here?

Thanks for helping.

B

bruce

Hi Just,

When asking such a broad question, and then posing the puzzle to strangers to decipher, with almost no information, it would require a genuine psychic to provide an accurate interpretation. As it is, 33-16 covers a huge territory of values and possible meanings, and I do believe that most of us would only be playing a guessing game, at least until we were able to narrow down the picture beyond "somebody's health".

Yi could be talking directly to your question, or it might be talking to you about asking the question, or it might not be talking at all.

Imagine going to a doctor you've never met before. He has no medical records of you, he does no examination of you, he asks no questions of you, then he writes out a prescription of medicine for you to take, which instructs: take these when sick. They'd either be a placebo or just a wild guess.

M

micheline

I don't see a "warning" in this as it implies a contented retreat with "no misfortune." like bruce says so much would depend on who the person is, age, history, etc before a valid reading could be done.

sometimes we want a person to re-gain robust good health, but that is not consonant with the direction their body is moving in. a harmonious retreat could be what a person desires at the end of their life.
on the other hand, this person could be re-grouping on all levels, coming to rest internally with eventually reaching a full and contented rejuvenation.....like an animal in hibernation.(with 34 coming next)and the 16 an image of providing for one's health and rest

In no case is this reading ominous or inspiring of angst. and it could also be saying, like bruce implied, to retreat from your worries and concerns.

jerryd

visitor
Reaction score
?? Out of curosity what is the reason to ask such a question?

justanotherme

visitor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
After reading Micheline's comments I understand a little bit better why Bruce said it was so difficult to try to interpret this. I was thinking and I still think, that this is probably the case with most readings posted here: not enough details, some intuition needed. But I can understand that it is more difficult to do this in a situation that is health related. As for Jerryd's question, my first reaction is that it s obvious that I ask the question because I am worried about the person's health but, on second thought, seeing as it is that there are as many kinds of motivations as there are people, that might not be so obvious.
In any case, the subject of the question is a dear friend of mine, she is around 55 and she doesn't like to see the doctor. She has some nervous problems that give her symptoms that might or might not be indicative of a serious illness. My first choice would be for her to see a doctor but, since she is so reluctanct and I worry about her, I decided to ask the question.

B

bruce

Just,

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed this morning, so I wouldn't place too much stock in what I say here. But if I received this answer to the question you've raised, I'd read it as saying to me 'withdraw from it, cheerfully'. 16 would represent my excitement or concern over it.

If I was determined to see a direct answer to the question, I'd consider that this woman's nervous condition, represented by 16, would be improved if she withdrew herself from concerns she has about whatever is troubling her, and just be happy.

Take these with 2 aspirin and call me in the morning. But, seriously, if her condition is an ongoing concern, she should have a professional examine her. Of course we don't need an oracle to tell us that.
happy.gif

E

ewald

I'm not quite sure that this reading actually reflects your friend's condition.

You mention her reluctance to see a doctor, and that might be reflected in the originating hexagram 33. Withdrawal. Your desire to get her to a doctor might be the resulting hexagram 16. Enthusiasm.
So this reading might actually be reflecting the dynamism of the opposing intents of you and your friend.

jerryd

visitor
Reaction score
Just;
Your question was phrased "show me the picture of [somebodys health] this somebody could just as well read, [anybodys] health and to me this is not a meaningful question. An answer to it is applicable to all in the class of people labeled(somebodys)and [anybodies]! Unless I am mistaken, this will include EVERYBODY. Not very specifically taylored to the sombody you may have had in mind?

J

jesed

Hi Justanotherme

Just in case the comment could be useful

According with master Ni, when the question is about deseases hex 33 means imaginary illness or somatisation.

Best wishes

justanotherme

visitor
Reaction score
Jerry, I see what you mean now. I meant to say "somebody" as in "X", just so I wouldn't mention a name. But I can see how it sounded very strange, my question.

Bruce and Jesed seem to be saying pretty much the same, and that is the idea I have, that this person is perhaps not physically ill. And the answer could also represent the situation, as Ewald suggests... and I like Micheline's take on it as well.

Overall, even though it was a difficult question and there were not many details, I feel I got great feedback from all of you. I think I have a good grip on this answer. Thanks to all. This is a wonderful forum.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).