...life can be translucent

Menu

simplified birthday query

philish

visitor
Reaction score
Yes, I've got myself by my own tail! :duh: Fortunately, I found my original inquiry (which is usually the simplest reading) and here it is:

If I send a birthday greeting? 55, unchanging.
If I do not send a birthday greeting? 46, unchanging.

55 appears to be the proverbial double-edged hexagram, so I asked "Why fullness?" and got 46.5>48.

The greeting's intended for the fellow I apologized to. Haven't seen in him in years. We've been in and out of contact all year but both knee-deep in major Life Changes, so it's been logistically impossible/inappropriate to connect much. Then the Big Misunderstanding happened. He's still shouldering a HUGE work load, so I don't expect to hear from him so soon after the apology--and that's fine by me. I don't want to barge in--I tend to "barge". So here I am. Ta Da.

As the greeting must go out the day after next, I'm throwing this up for quick feedback!

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
If I send a birthday greeting? 55, unchanging. Very good.

If I do not send a birthday greeting? 46, unchanging. No problem.

So sending or not sending will prove not to be a problem for you.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Be not sad.
Be like the sun at midday.

Sounds like a very positive go ahead. I think "fullness" means make sure your message is just about Happy Birthday and don't try to cram in any other subject, especially sad stuff like further apologies and I miss yous. Just send a cheerful sunny card.

Heaps up small things
In order to achieve something high and great.

By sending the small thing, the card, you are building a closer friendship.
By not sending the card you are strengthening the feeling of separation.

There is a beautiful Venus trine Pluto in effect this afternoon. Just right for healing.

philish

visitor
Reaction score
thanks!

Thank you both! Simplicity is good.

And yes, I'm feeling the Venus trining Pluto today. It's a much better feeling than the vibe I've been getting the past few days. Thank goodness for change! :rofl:

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Heaps up small things
In order to achieve something high and great.

By sending the small thing, the card, you are building a closer friendship.
By not sending the card you are strengthening the feeling of separation.

Where does the feeling of separation come from? There is no feeling of separation in my text.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
There is a feeling of separation between them now, and to not send a birthday card where normally these two friends would exchange greetings accentuates their state of separation. So although to not send a card is a "small thing," it's absence adds to the sense of estrangement. IMHO.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
The greeting's intended for the fellow I apologized to. Haven't seen in him in years. We've been in and out of contact all year but both knee-deep in major Life Changes, so it's been logistically impossible/inappropriate to connect much. Then the Big Misunderstanding happened. He's still shouldering a HUGE work load, so I don't expect to hear from him so soon after the apology--and that's fine by me. I don't want to barge in--I tend to "barge". So here I am. Ta Da.

I think what she wrote sheds like on how the answer will come out, a person who she has not seen in years, a person who is up to their eyes in work, a person who is far too busy to either notice or care if she sends a greeting. So 46 says that it won't matter in the greater scheme of things whether he receives a greeting or not and anyway, he has not replied to her apology yet, so he can't be that concerned about anything.

philish

visitor
Reaction score
The separation idea may be a matter of gut interpretation here, but it's right on. I'm going to base this on my own intuition and other Yi readings. And, of course, my understanding of this person.

If we are to recover our acquaintence, his birthday would be an obvious opportunity to make a simple gesture. Conversely, NOT noting his birthday would most likely quietly affirm his worst fears about how he may have handled our mix-up and thereby make it more difficult to bridge the gap between us at a later date. I would have missed an opportunity to show my steadfastness and integrity, and I would have slighted him in a very personal way as he remembers everyone else's birthday. He's a Taurus with a tender Pisces moon. He doesn't forget that kind of thing, ya know? ;)

All of which reminds me how significant subtleties in reading can be. Sometimes I just bend myself backwards listening to my fears instead of my gut.

Thank you for your encouragement! :)

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Okay, maybe I should rephrase it. I think we can agree that 46 is saying, "Small things add up." Now I think you are saying her not sending a card would not be noticed as it appears they have not been close enough to expect greeting cards from each other anyway, so it's absence would not count as even a small thing. If this is the case, then what is the IChing trying to tell her by saying "Small things add up"? I can agree the I Ching is saying nothing earth shaking will happen if she doesn't send a card - but I think the I Ching is going a step further and counseling her that by not sending a greeting she would be missing an opportunity to build up their friendship.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Our posts crossed paths but I am going to leave my explanation up because I think its good and fun to have these discussions where we can question each other about where our interpretations are coming from.

philish

visitor
Reaction score
So 46 says that it won't matter in the greater scheme of things whether he receives a greeting or not and anyway, he has not replied to her apology yet, so he can't be that concerned about anything.

WF: I agree and disagree. He's the sort of person who lets circumstances and impressions accumulate before acting or speaking. Sometimes this is to his detriment--as it was a contributing element of our misunderstanding. It doesn't mean, however, that he's indifferent to my attention. It does mean, though, that I need to keep a realistic perspective about his world and not jump to conclusions because he doesn't respond as I expect (read: want) him to respond.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).