...life can be translucent

Menu

42/23

althoz

visitor
Reaction score
Hello, what do you see for 42,1,5 to 23?
My question to the i ching is how can I expect to fare for my assignment that I have handed in. 42,1,5 seem auspicious but 23 does not.
thanks for anyone who can help.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Hex 42,1,5 to 23?

Well, the lines are very favourable and both speak of a successful outcome. Hex 23 says you are going to experience changes, so just accept them and be patient while life readjusts itself.

ben_s

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Althoz,

42.1 you did the right thing
42.5 it's now out of your hands

23 something is top heavy and that makes it collapse. prop up the weak center, or else get out.

Since your good work is now out of your hands, the top heavy part must be from someone else. If there is some kind of bad news related to your assignment, be aware it's not because of you.

I see two different ways to interpret 23 as the outcome. Do you need to add something more to make the situation stable? Or do you need to accept that someone else left out an important piece, so your work won't be properly supported?

It's as though you provided a well-built roof, and someone else forgot to add enough walls to hold it up. You have to add the wall they should have built, or else the roof will collapse. If it collapses, it's not your fault. Choose fast because there's already a crack up there!

althoz

visitor
Reaction score
Many thanks both of you.I am not sure how to repair the crack at all so i will wait for the results.
Blessings.

ben_s

visitor
Reaction score
I am not sure how to repair the crack at all

Maybe you could ask the oracle for advice, with questions like "what's the crack?" and "how do I repair it?"

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I hope you'll let us know how your paper fared.
I'm guessing you'll do okay because the teacher appreciates your effort, 42.1 "It furthers one to accomplish great deeds," also the teacher likes you, 42.5, and finally the teacher wants to maintain their own position as a teacher, 23, "Those above can ensure their position only by giving generously to those below."

althoz

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all, thanks. I asked this question because I didnt put in enough effort on it. I handed it in knowing that I could have done more. I was just too tired and sick of it to continue, and that was why I handed it in. However there were no guidelines on how to do it, so I was afraid my teacher could see that I didn't give my best shot.

Thanks steve, I asked the Yi again and it said that I should think back and if I put enough effort all will be well.

Rosada, thank you. I will get back.

althoz

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all, I remembered this post, and after I got my results I did very well in, which left me pleasantly surprised. Thanks to all who helped me interpret.

Edit: If you want to know how well I did (not a boast) its a high distinction, the best mark from all others. So the hexagrams were very accurate afterall, and the interpretations spot on.
However, I am still not sure what the crack was - I just left it to its own devices.

Last edited:

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Althoz,

just an after thought on this, there is a chance the relating hexagram was describing the context of your answer, meaning, in times of pressure (23) get out fast (hand in the paper) and there will be success (42) . .
I think that would clarify 23's emergence there . .

rodaki

althoz

visitor
Reaction score
Wow good take, rosaki!

I just wish all papers were like this, with the same result, haha!

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
say that again!!;)

glad everything worked out for you!:D

rodaki

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom