...life can be translucent

Menu

11.4 > 34

mercury

visitor
Reaction score
Hello all, wonder if anyone can help me out: I asked yi about how things may have changed in a situation I've had no control over over the past two years, involving estrangement from an old flame (I've recieved 54 several times when asking about it) and recieved 11.4 > 34 as the answer. I've read slightly differing takes on 11.4 and wonder if anyone has any insights? Thanks!

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
Who induced the estrangement? are u back in contact at all now?
I'd say peace bodes well! Perhaps that you have come to an understanding? or that things will settle harmoniously through communication?

I also had a hex changing to 34 regarding a relationship question and I'm unsure as to whether it's suggesting I will be in a position of power by myself, or the relationship will...

Hmm.. it seems a positive/ affirming combination to me though - perhaps as it has gone on for so long you have developed a stronger and maybe more detached, independent position and thus the situation has relaxed which could ease a reconcilliation?

I'm quite a novice so I don't wanna say anymore in case I'm getting it wrong... :)

ben_s

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Mercury,

Wilhelm's comment on 11.4 seems direct, when he describes two people who choose to spend time together despite their different situations. "This is not due to the force of circumstances but corresponds with their inmost sentiment. The approach is made quite spontaneously, because it is based on inner conviction."

34 is about inner force plus moderation. The combination gets a person doing the right thing for the right reasons.

What happens when you talk with the person from the past? Does the "inmost sentiment" and "inner conviction" in you "remains inwardly united with the fundamental principles of right and of justice" (34). If so, this is what you should do. But if your "inmost sentiment" is not fundamentally convinced it's justice to try to build a new connection - if your "inner conviction" isn't solid with "fundamental principles of right" in the interaction you could have now - then it seems to me this reading says to let the past go.

Does this seem relevant? How does it compare with the other takes you've seen on 11.4?

mercury

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for the thoughts, all...Ben S, I guess the "wealth" reference has been throwing me off in terms of what yi might be saying. I haven't spoken to this person in a couple of years, and the situation is fraught with "inner convictions" vs. "fundamental principles of right". (Ahh, but what is "right"? And whose principles? I struggle with this.)

Naturally, I'm pulling for a "positive" slant on this reading, even though I know letting go of the past may be the right and sane thing to do. But the relationship was very deep and very strong, and ended due to circumstances beyond our control rather than enmity between us, and though things have indeed changed, hope of a reunion doesn't seem impossible -- just difficult.

Typical broken-hearted hogwash, right? But there's always hope, no matter how remote -- and this kind of reading always keeps me wondering. Thanks to you Em, as well...

ben_s

visitor
Reaction score
how things may have changed

Like you, I don't want to take a guess if this reading applies to changes in you, or changes in the other person, or changes in the situation...

I wonder if it would help to ask something more specific about how YOU can choose what's right, or about what principles YOU should follow. The situation definitely "may have" changed, but what do you do now? From what I know about your initial reading, I'm also stumped...

mercury

visitor
Reaction score
Stumped is a way to put it. I am helpless in this thing and trying to detach without despairing over the future. I long to take action -- but again and again I"m counseled to wait.

So I wait.

Thanks, again.

steve

visitor
Reaction score
Hi
When i recieved 54 it was always i was in a secondary condition so i know what that is all about.
When did you recieve 54 and when did you get the new reading
as others have noticed 11.4 is a bit more positive I am seeing that line as more of an even playing field
But on the other hand 34 warns about over confidence as well or maybe a better term would like rushing things if you did meet.
Cool calm and collected is what i would be even though you might be doing backflips inside

Thx
Steve

ben_s

visitor
Reaction score
When i recieved 54 it was always i was in a secondary condition so i know what that is all about.

Steve, I don't get 54 that much. What does this hex mean to you?

mercury

visitor
Reaction score
I myself have repeatedly received 54 with the changing lines 4 and 5 in regards to this situation; 4 has to do with waiting for something which seems bound to happen, given your own readiness; and 5 talks about having the superior position despite being in the secondary for the time being (the junior wife's sleeves are finer than the first wife's).

Now it may not sound like it, but I HATE clutching at straws, and the thought that I could be entertaining false hopes in this situation drives me nuts -- but I constantly receive these "hopeful" readings. It's always just enough to keep the flame burning, just that little bit...

M

meng

Pardon if this sounds terse.

I'm seeing 11.4 as a flight of fancy with little if any gravity or substance. 34 - You can't force the matter, and the fan yao 34.4 moves on without getting entangled.

mercury

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Meng, and no need for pardon, your interpretation could definitely apply; I don't know about the "little gravity or substance" part, but perhaps I simply am giving this too much weight in my own mind.

I just looked up 11.4 in Karcher's TOTAL I CHING and he refers to a young bird afraid to leave the nest (making a transition to maturity, I guess -- I suppose it depends on what "the nest" is).

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
It is saying that you have the ability to do something here, it suggests that you contact your ex, find how how she is etc, be concerned and not heavy handed in your communication, it says that you can make a real difference to the situation if you try.

mercury

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Willowfox, that's defintely the reading that resonates with me, even if present circumstances make it feel as if it's not so simple.

Thank you so much for your thought.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).