...life can be translucent

Menu

Hello - should I do something or Not?

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
Hi,
For those of you who have read my posts before you might remember a guy who I think I may be getting a fanciful idea about becuase there's been flirting of sorts, but he's a charming guy and maybe I'm being naiive...
so I'm not sure whether I should do something about it, just to check, which may be more self-damaging than the slim chance its worth...

Anyway now I won't really have much cause to see him anymore - though maybe in social circles but I dunno... so as I have his number I am considering texting him, but then he'll know I have these ideas, and may proceed to avoid me/ be awkward if I do happen to see him, which would be rubbish.. So I wanted a general impression from the I-Ching as to whether my hopes are futile and I should move on, without pushing it further...

I asked the following:

Will anything happen between us?
Hex 52.1,3,4,6 'Keeping Still' to 51 'The Arousing'
Which could be saying not now but maybe in future?..

Should I contact him?
Hex 47. 3, 5, 6 'Oppression' to 50 'The Caldron'
Which I guess isn't encouraging, especially as in the translation of 'Oppression' it says; 'for the time being outward influence is denied him, because his words have no effect'....

Does he have feelings or was he just being friendly?
And got 64. 4, 5, 6 'Before Completion' to 29 'The Abysmal'

:( So that's a bit off putting..
I was thinking of texting to see if he had a good night, but maybe I should just forget about it - seems like what the i-ching is saying too - its probably not meant to be..

In a last ditch attempt for a little hope (silly human that I am :eek:)
I asked:
If I text him would he be responsive/ pleased:
52. 2, 6 'Keeping Still' (Again like before!) to 46 'Pushing Upward'..

So I guess it all speaks for itself - but any commentary would be welcome (as always) :)
Maybe I'm missing something positive from any of these answers? ...
Though I guess I should probably leave it for now anyway...

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Will anything happen between us?
Hex 52.1,3,4,6 'Keeping Still' to 51

Unfortunately, every line is talking about keeping still, and keeping still means that there will be no action happening.

Should I contact him?
Hex 47. 3, 5, 6 'Oppression' to 50

This just says that you are being indecisive, worrying too much, thinking that you will make a fool of yourself, so what harm can it do to text him, the final line says to go ahead.
Hex 50 suggests no problem, after all it is only a message.

Does he have feelings or was he just being friendly?
And got 64. 4, 5, 6 'Before Completion' to 29 'The Abysmal'

I think that he was being genuinely friendly.

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks - thing is I know you say only a message but the implications could be that he will avoid me in future, cause we haven't spoken all that much to be considered proper friends.. but perhaps he wouldn't read that much into a message.. although I think you can tell when someone likes you...

So I guess i'm being indecisive because probably, when it comes down to it I am just wanting to 'save face'.. , and I dunno if it's worth going through - I mean if he felt half the way I do he problably might have contacted me or something... it may be old-fashioned but there's one thing I think I think I have finally learnt - Let the Guy Chase you - sad but true I think it's the only way..:bag: ah well.. it's pretty boring though!

I guess I could text, just an open ended non-question one so that he didn't have to reply but would if he was interested, so then I'd 'save face' a bit and I'd know for sure and could stop thinking about it, but then I think my instincts may be saying not to bother! stop going for the wrong people!

If there are any guys here that would like to shed light on the theory that it's unnattractive for a girl to approach that'd be interesting, for some male perspective?
Because maybe, if you like someone that's it, makes no difference who approaches who, then again it could be the nail in the coffin, I just don't wanna be naiive as I have been in the past, and allow myself to be rejected blah blah...

One more thing before I rattle on too much - 'Before Completion' to the 'Abysmal' - Does that translate to saying my relations with him, if I pursued it, would end badly?
Does the 'Abysmal' ultimately mean that it'd go wrong, danger negativity - not right!?

Thanks.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
One more thing before I rattle on too much - 'Before Completion' to the 'Abysmal' - Does that translate to saying my relations with him, if I pursued it, would end badly?
Does the 'Abysmal' ultimately mean that it'd go wrong, danger negativity - not right!?

Thanks.

The question you asked was about his feelings toward you.

Hex 29 says that the situation is full of difficulties but they can be successfully overcome if you try.

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
Well don't think I'll bother to be honest :) the moment's probably already passed.. and I dont think it'd make a difference if I try - He's got more confidence than me for one thing and being the boy, I'm pretty sure if he had any intentions i'd have heard something.. not to worry! moving on... :brickwall:

ben_s

visitor
Reaction score
the moment's probably already passed

Hmm, this seems to be a recurrent theme with your self-confidence posts.

Is there something we could help you with before the next great one gets away from you? Like the one this big...
doug_arms1a.jpg

klann

visitor
Reaction score
Try asking a question that doesn't require a Yes/No answer.
For example: What am I to expect if I contacted him? Or something of that sort...

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
Hey,

Thanks for the responses - Ben yes you're right I am still dealing with ingrained self-confidence issues which are potentially stopping me from attaining happiness! But in this case I think I was right to be cautious and not embrace the possibility of something happening - because from experience I know I can get carried away with romantic notions, usually about innapropriate people... and I didn't want to get it wrong again! then again maybe I pushed him away with my shyness/ general air of retreat (timidity aint fun or attractive!)

Anyway I actually saw him briefly today, and he was less forth-coming than before... perhaps he could sense that I liked him, or maybe the inner connection just wasn't there anyway so he was drawing away... :( Ah well I guess you can't force people to be on your wavelength just because you fancy them!

I asked the i-ching anyway; What would his response be if I contacted him
and got 23. 1, 3 'Splitting Apart' to 22 'Grace'.. which doesn't suggest any sort of union does it?
I think this is saying he wouldn't reply so as not to encourage anything.. perhaps he was just there to teach me another lesson about myself and that's all (I wish I could stop being dealt lessons in love and just get love though!!)
And moving to 'Grace' I suppose is saying bow out gracefully?

I reckon it's a pretty clear pairing anyway... Put him out of my head until the next I guess, and hopefully I'll like someone who actually likes me back!...

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
Yes you're right - the said guy is actually going away anyway so it doesn't matter at all... But dammit I am in stupid denial phase - I'm one of those people that wants to be impulsive but just plain can't (I'm a libra with aries rising and moon which could explain it if you believe in horoscopes...?) and I'd like to keep up a sort of friendship though don't think he could be bothered either way but I can only be sure if I do something!

And I'm so pre-occupied with it now - I can't do anything else its kinda pathetic - so I thought I could just text him a jokey casual non - questioning message - but I'm not sure if that would be inappropriate - and if - to go back to my first ever thread on the subject a couple of weeks ago - I am in fact downright deluded - wanting there to be a connection where there isn't one.

Anyway I asked should I text him (ps most people around me (females) are saying don't do it! but I cant help but want to be of the 'lets just take a chance/ you only live once school of tought') though immediately after I am bound to regret it if no response... And got Hex 61 'Inner Truth' unchanging... Echoing my first answers on the subject!...

So shall I do it? I just cant tell if I'm completely deceiving myself or if there was something there...
Does 'Inner Truth' generally imply to look at your own truth (I don't know what that is i've over-thought the whole thing too much!) and stay still, or go for it there could be something there?? (because i have heard the hexagram is about love and joy with others??) oh god I think I must sound so silly... I will close the subject very soon..

Thanks so much for your patience :eek:

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
Hi,
Ignore the above - I have since got some perspective on the matter, with the help of a friend :) and won't be doing anything... I am finally facing my 'inner truth' about this :blush:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).