...life can be translucent

Menu

help with relationship reading 55.4>36

openheartsf

visitor
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a newbie here. Would love some help with the question of "What role do I play in his life?"

We've been friends for a while and have recently taken things a bit further. We have a deep connection, but it feels stuck...hoping for some insight in to my reading (hex 55 with moving line 4) and hex 36. I'm especially confused by 36.

Thanks!

Last edited:

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
"What role do I play in his life?"

We've been friends for a while and have recently taken things a bit further. We have a deep connection, but it feels stuck...hoping for some insight in to my reading (hex 55 with moving line 4) and hex 36. I'm especially confused by 36.

36 isn't a problem, because it's in the context of the 'hidden' factor. There's a hidden factor in the relationship, which in 55.4 is some sort of guiding or controlling element, and 55.4 says you encounter it in an unusual set of circumstances. I don't know your relationship well enough to know what the hidden, guiding factor is, but one take on it would be as a direct answer to your question. What role do you play in his life? Well, unconsciously, you're the dominant personality in the relationship, or someone he admires, and you get to see this when it's revealed suddenly and unusually. The r'ship might not be a meeting of equals in some respect.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
You are like two peas in a pod, you compliment one another which shows that you have the ability to work together well.

Hex 36 says just stay cool and go about your daily business which means don't make waves.

openheartsf

visitor
Reaction score
Dobro

Thanks Dobro, you may have helped me realize the obstacle...the problem is that I don't wish to be the dominant one in the relationship. I would like to be the more feminine, receptive influence. However, I'm not sure if this is what he wants or if he CAN be the more dominant one. I do find in some situations he's verymuch the man, but often I find myself wanting him to step up a bit more. I suppose it could be a message that I should try to be more receptive and allow him to take on the leader role...guess there's only one way to find out...just try it! i

Last edited:

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
I suppose it could be a message that I should try to be more receptive and allow him to take on the leader role...guess there's only one way to find out...just try it! i

That's true only if it's really important to you to get his approval. You know, all of us arrange a *lot* of our behavior to get the approval of others. But my take is that you have to balance that approval-winning behavior with the strength and independence to be true to what you are in yourself as well. It sounds like you might be a naturally strong person, and it's tougher for a woman to be dominant in this society than a man. But if that's what you are, then you should honor it and accept it and find a guy who can honor and accept it as well. Sometimes it's the woman who's the dominant one; sometimes it's the man. The traditional stereotypes don't take that into account. We need a new paradigm.

openheartsf

visitor
Reaction score
Dobro

>Sometimes it's the woman who's the dominant one; sometimes it's the man. The traditional stereotypes don't take that into account. We need a new paradigm.

True, and I've thought about this a lot because I was in a marriage with a "passive" man and I was the "dominant" energy.

Turns out this doesn't work for me. I think if you are happy being a masculine energy female and want a feminine energy male then it works for sure...however, it's not what I'm looking for and I learned this based on previous relationships, including my marriage!

I believe my opportunity for growth is not to arrange my behavior for "approval" rather to allow my feminine (yin) energy to blossom!

Also there is *strength* in being feminine and receptive. :)

Last edited:

openheartsf

visitor
Reaction score
Dobro

Damn right.

Haha! Yay, glad you agree.

Just to follow up I cast the yi with a different question but related to the first

"If I make a full and whole-hearted commitment to a relationship with X, what will be the result?"

Hex 45.4, 5 The Gathering
Hex 2, Receptivity

found it apropos that I received the Hexagram 2, receptivity.

Pure yin, the female principle. The supreme, the fundamental, receptive force. It is auspicious. Devotion to one gender polarity.

Kinda confused about 45 tho.
Any insights?

openheartsf

visitor
Reaction score
Willowfox - peas in a pod

This is very true...I do feel like we are two peas in a pod. Sometimes I wonder if we are TOO similar...

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"If I make a full and whole-hearted commitment to a relationship with X, what will be the result?"

Hex 45.4, 5 The Gathering
Hex 2, Receptivity

This looks very good indeed but you will need to show him your love in order that he learns to trust and follow you, show him that you are a person that can be relied upon at all times, a rock that he can hold on to in any storm.

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
Yeah, what WF said.

45 is about gathering together for a great purpose (you and him) and 2 is about receptivity and acceptance (and yes, it's also about the female principle). So the message is something like: gathering together with him, and you acting the part of the female principle. The signs and lines are all good.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).