...life can be translucent

Menu

Medical Yi types needed: baby due for testing

philish

visitor
Reaction score
This is for all of you who have medical interests in the Yi's wisdom.

My best friend's one year old daughter is going in for an MRI Monday, as they fear their little one has something seriously wrong with her. They suspect Muscular Dystrophy.

Her mother (my friend) is no stranger to physically challenged kids--she's a wonderful pediatric occupational therapist who saw my own daughter's symptoms when T was only 15 months old! So when she says she's concerned, I'm concerned. Clearly I'm no doctor, but after five years of discussing our children as patients, I love to offer her any possible insight I can on her little one's health.

This morning I asked the Yi "Show me the problem with V's little body." and got 42.1,2,4-->6.

I have no idea how to interpret this as a diagnosis of the body. Any takers? Any thoughts?

(And Rosada, if you read this, I haven't forgotten!!)

philish

visitor
Reaction score
Okay. I'm assuming that 1) because this question wasn't directly about me or someone directly connected to me, and 2) because of the sensitivity of medically related questions, and 3) because such sensitivity is multiplied exponentially when small creatures are involved--no one has taken a shot at this reading.

No harm; no foul. Just wanted to clarify with y'all why no one has posted a response. Have I got a hex 60 situation? :footinmouth:

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
It's too vague. It could be almost anything. Hex 42 is commonly known as Increase (I call it Augmenting) and it's about putting more into the situation, or increasing or augmenting. So it seems, in answer to your question, that there's some sort of excess going on in the kid's system that's leading to some sort of imbalance or physiological conflict (Hex 6). But that could a ton of different conditions and ailments, right? Anything from obesity to cancer. You don't need the Yi to answer that question, you need a good doctor.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
I have only just seen this post, so it is not a matter of avoiding it, as I will try to the best of my abilities to answer any question, it is just that I can on occasion get a bad reception or be totally ignored by some querents, so now those people are on my ignore list because of their damn rudeness, if you are reading this then you know who you are.

It is hex 6 that suggests there is some problem or obstruction but as to what exactly I cannot tell but the lines suggest that she will indeed be lucky after she goes to see the doctor and gets their diagnosis. Is she having problems with coordination, walking or movement perhaps?

philish

visitor
Reaction score
Gotcha. :D

WF: Actually she is having problems with coordination, and her muscle tone is "mushy". Spoke to the mother about this last night and they plan to continue testing how she's metabolizing proteins. The first test identified that as a problem.

I'll post any updates on her as they come.

Thank you both for the responses!

toganm

visitor
Reaction score
This morning I asked the Yi "Show me the problem with V's little body." and got 42.1,2,4-->6.
I have no idea how to interpret this as a diagnosis of the body. Any takers? Any thoughts?

There are different ways of interpreting the hexagram in medical uses, just as the normal daily use has various approaches. Please be aware that this is my reading only and it does not mean a medical diagnosis.

Hexagram 42 is thunder below wind above. These are both related to the wood phase and in terms of the elements refer to the gallbladder and liver (don't think them as western organs as it is not the same thing in chinese medicine). When the upper and lower trigram are from the same element prognosis is minor self limiting disease.

The nuclear hexagram is 23 mountain above earth below, which are both earth element. One way of using the nuclear hexagram is that it represents the treatment. Since wood restricts earth this means the treatment will be longer than expected. Another way of using the nuclear hexagram is it represents the cause of the disease in this case earth meaning spleen and stomach. This involves the transformation and transportation of qi and blood. Hence there can be problems involving digestion and assimilation of the food, problems with the limbs and flesh (muscles) i.e. heavy limbs.

Hexagram 6 is heaven above water below resulting metal above water below. There is a control effect of the metal to the wood of Hexgram 42 and this can be interpreted as the cure is no good. As metal and wood represent the yin and yang respectively; there seems to be a general disharmony of yin/yang.

Another way of looking into the hexagrams is looking to the body trigram of hex. 42 which in this case is Xun, therefore achy pain mainly sinews and bones, gastrointestinal distention .

Now there is also another way of looking into Hexagram 42 to see which officials are involved and these are from bottom to up are Bladder,Kidneys, Liver,Spleen,Stomach and Triple Heater. The changing lines can be used to select the treatment strategy according to the chinese medicine.

Hope this helps.
Togan

philish

visitor
Reaction score
Wow! Yes, indeed, Togan. The child has long had problems with digestion, so I expect we are looking at a malabsorbtion/gastrointestinal problem. I'll pass all these good thoughts along. Might be that life-long (or at least long-term) dietary and/or supplement changes are needed.

Btw, the spinal MRI yesterday revealed nothing worrisome. Good news.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).