...life can be translucent

Menu

Weird Vibes and Odd Attraction, Please Help.

justa

visitor
Reaction score
Good Morning,
A man I have got to know in a kind of work relationship (it is complicated) but also on a more social level (lately) Is putting out some very weird (to me) vibes at the moment.
His attitude toward me moves from very friendly and almost chivalrous to down right argumentative and almost aggresive! I'm not frightened by him, I actually quite like him as a person and almost find him oddly attractive at times, but he is so changable, being very criticle at times and at others complimenting me in a kind of back handed way. Then talking to me and then ignoring me etc. Just can't make it all out.
He is about 11 years older than me and as far as I know lives with a woman. He just seems to have quite intense reactions to me and it is bugging me.
So, I consulted asking 'What role am I playing for him?' and recieved Hexagram 32 lines 1/2/3/4 changing to Hexagram 24!
He also at times seems to be obsessed with my physical appearence. What clothes I am wearing, even how much they cost! So I consulted asking 'How does my physical presence affect him?' and recieved 34 lines 1/2/4/5/6 changing to 53.
I can't really relate them to my questions and wondered if someone can maybe give me more insight?
Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!

M

meng

Hi justa

He sure sounds mutable. Is he a Gemini? Forgive me for saying so, but he sounds a bit like a control freak. (A proper alpha male displays reliable leadership, maturity and responsibility.) It appears that you are the stabilizing influence for him (32). Sounds like you unknowingly challenge his sense of authority, which ticks him off (34), but it also sounds like he adores you, in a fetish sort of way. I think 24 can mean that you give him a sense of ease or home with himself, but it could also be directed to you, to return to your peace about it.

Bruce

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
So, I consulted asking 'What role am I playing for him?' and recieved Hexagram 32 lines 1/2/3/4 changing to Hexagram 24

I'm confused about this question - are you asking what role you're playing for him in HIS eyes, or in your own?

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
He also at times seems to be obsessed with my physical appearence. What clothes I am wearing, even how much they cost! So I consulted asking 'How does my physical presence affect him?' and recieved 34 lines 1/2/4/5/6 changing to 53.

He fancies you; you turn him on. (This is what I'm seeing here, based both on your Yi consultation and what you describe of how he's relating to you.) He's probably one of those guys who has trouble either knowing his own feelings or letting others know how he feels, and that explains the fire/ice stuff he's been putting out in your direction - his feelings are pretty intense, but he doesn't know appropriate ways of expressing them.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
'What role am I playing for him?' and received Hexagram 32 lines 1/2/3/4 changing to Hexagram 24!

It would appear that he wants some kind of relationship with you but doesn't know how to go about it, he seems to be in a hurry without thinking of the consequences of his actions, perhaps he is just afraid of messing up. The trouble is that is his behaviour is very unstable and is subject to mood variations which makes him so unpredictable, he is obviously interested in you but is going all about it all wrongly.

justa

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you guys. Yes, I guess it would seem that way, actually he is a Scorpio. No offence to any out there, but men can be a bit weird sometimes, can't they? When I think about it it his behaviour is rather like the boys at my neigbouring school when we were all about 13! (but in a more adult way!)
Anyhow, if he has a partner then he is not free. Simple as that, isn't it?

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
No offence to any out there, but men can be a bit weird sometimes, can't they?

If you're generalizing about all men from this guy's behavior, you're making a mistake.

If you're identifying with your own gender, and thinking that what you said about men ("they can be a bit weird sometimes, can't they?") doesn't apply to women, you're making a mistake.

I'm taking no offence at all at what you said, but I'd like to point out that PEOPLE can be a bit weird sometimes, can't they? And it makes no difference what sort of genitalia they're sporting.

Okay, now...here's my risk-taking response, and no offence to you at all, but it might be useful to consider why you're attracting this sort of guy. The downside of him is that he seems less than skillful or honest with his feelings for you; the upside is that he finds you attractive (I'm sure you are). It's a very important piece of self-knowledge to identify the sort of person we attract. (I tend to attract strong, compassionate women with self-esteem issues. Now why is that, I wonder, and what does it say about what sort of person *I* am? lol)

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Justa the kind of behaviour you describe is common in virtually every work place in the land i think - at least I've seen and heard it alot. I don't think its worth spending alot of time thinking about it since thats what the behaviour is probably designed to do - he talks, then he doesn't and your're supposed to spend time thinking 'ah why doesn't he like me now'....its old as the hills, just head games, boring, don't waste your time....sorry that wasn't Yi related at all

Hmm to the reading, well return to your own centre, dwelling on what hes up to throws you off balance, and you are trying to give some kind of meaning/cycle/durability to his behavior where there is none...except silly head games..oh only IMO of course :D

justa

visitor
Reaction score
No offence taken and honestly none meant with the weird comment! (only kidding, really) But, yes I agree, it is worth looking at why I am attracting these kind of men. But, I do attract many different kinds, however they do all have one glaring similarity, in that they are all pretty unavailable in one way or another. Could be something to do with growing up in an alcoholic home, I suppose. Now that really is weird! lol x

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).