...life can be translucent

Menu

Painful Lessons

justa

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Guys
Some of you may remember my doomed and very painful feelings for a man attending the same support group as me. I took the oracles advice and the kind people who responded through this community and have began to recover a little, the emerging spring and now early summer have given me a new sense of hope and I am now searching for a little more understanding concerning the whole situation.
On Friday, I consulted asking 'What lesson should I learn from my experiences with J?'
I recieved 44 lines5/6 changing to 32.
Now, 44 does confuse me a little as it seems to have a sexual overtone ( a couple making love?) and the lines seem to say to me that I have done the right thing in standing back ( he has tried to contact me again) but I am still unsure of the whole message. Please help x

zander

visitor
Reaction score
44 line 5...giving duration to one's character through perseverance.This is good fortune for a woman, misfortune for a man.
44 line upper line...restlessness as an enduring condition brings misfortune.
Changing Hexagram 32 Chen the arousing Thunder, Sun the Gentle Wind
Judgement...Duration, success, no blame, perseverance furthers. It furthers one to have somewhere to go.
Image...Thunder and wind, the image of duration.
Thus the superior man stands firm and does not change his direction.
you asked: "what lesson should I learn from my experiences with J?"
justa, i'm learning to understand the Yi as well, so IMHO, the words trust, character development/enrichment come to mind with lines 5/6 of 44. With changing hexagram 32, a sense of trusting yourself in moving forward and knowing the reasons why. Do not doubt that the events of your relationship are to teach, motivate you to delve further in your own spiritual development.

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
44 means 'contact it but don't unite with it' and 32 means 'continue'. Put 'em together and whaddaya get? Interact with the guy but don't reach for him; and continue not to reach for him.

fkegan

(deceased)
Reaction score
From Chance Encounter to ongoing proper roles and actions

On Friday, I consulted asking 'What lesson should I learn from my experiences with J?'
I recieved 44 lines5/6 changing to 32.
Now, 44 does confuse me a little as it seems to have a sexual overtone ( a couple making love?) and the lines seem to say to me that I have done the right thing in standing back ( he has tried to contact me again) but I am still unsure of the whole message. Please help x

Hi Justa,
In Gia-Fu Feng's Taoist translation of the Yi Hex. 44 Judgment:
CHANCE ENCOUNTER. THE GIRL IS TOUGH. DO NOT TAKE HER HOME. Chance encounter means to meet. The gentle meets the strong. Do not take the woman because it won't last long. Heaven and Earth meet, all things prosper. The tough gets the correct center all under heaven prevails. Great indeed is the timing and rectitude of chance encounter.

And lines 5 and 6:
A MELON WRAPPED IN LEAVES. CONTAIN BRILLIANCE. SPOILAGE DESCENDS FROM HEAVEN. Be self-contained to confront fate.

CHANCE ENCOUNTER WITH THE HORNS. REGRET. NO BLAME. Overzealous at first, eventually will be free of the petty.

Together they suggest the completion of the time of Chance Encounter tending toward Hex 32 which is about the proper routines of social life like the orbits of the planets where they each travel their own route, sometimes appear to meet or conjunct from our perspective, other times turn around and go backwards (go retrograde) but actually all ways and forever continue each in their own orbit going their own way.

Frank

mudpie

visitor
Reaction score
He continues to be a dangerously seductive influence, coming back into the picture when you least expect him - with his horns exposed, perhaps. continue on your course.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
'What lesson should I learn from my experiences with J?'
I received 44 lines5/6 changing to 32.

Always becareful with whom you chose to associate with, do not try and impress people but just be yourself and don't try and manipulate people, and in this case retreat out of J's life quietly and without fuss or comment. Line 44.6 says to separate yourself from J, cut the contact.

justa

visitor
Reaction score
Yeah, turns out he wasn't what he seemed and I had a really lucky escape! Thank you everyone for your insight x

M

meng

Your question was 'What lesson should I learn from my experiences with J?'

So then, what is to endure and remain steady (32)? Unless perhaps 44.5,6 was directed to you, and not some guy.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).