...life can be translucent

Menu

27 to 30

shefa

visitor
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with 27.3.4 to 30? I often get 30 and 55 confused, and these lines are contradictory. I would like to hear about any experiences you have had with these.

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't recall any experience with the two lines together, but I've learned to associate 27.3 -

'Rejecting nourishment.
Ten years go round, no use.
No direction brings harvest.'

- with pushing away what you really need for the sake of something image-related (22), like 'not being a bother to anyone' or 'staying pure of commercial taint'.

I agree 27.4 is different - that doesn't make it 'contradictory', though, any more than (borrowing LiSe's analogy for this) the mother who says 'it's safe to stay on the pavement' and 'it's dangerous to run into the traffic' is contradicting herself by saying it's both safe and dangerous.

'Nourishment out of balance.
Good fortune.
Tiger watches, glares and glares.
His appetites, pursues and pursues.
No mistake.'

Being like a tiger in going after your desires - pretty much the opposite of rejecting nourishment. Not in the least balanced in itself, but not a mistake in the time of the line, when you might need to 'bite through' obstacles to get to the nourishing essence. Be the tiger, and you have good teeth for the work.

If I received these two together, I'd see them as two alternative options. And hexagram 30 in the background... hm... nourishment for the sake of clarity, nourishment guided by a need for clarity? Jaws as a framework within which to develop clarity - like those female cattle you need to rear and nurture in 30 itself. So that would draw my attention to the ways in which I responded to my needs (alternatives in the lines), and especially to how this contributed to my awareness, and ability to stay awake and build a sustained understanding.

If you shared a reading with these two in, I'm sure you'd get more - and more useful - responses. :)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).