...life can be translucent

Menu

No money to pay my rent, what should I do? 12

dancing flame

visitor
Reaction score
My rent is due today and I've not got the money to pay it. Actually, its due on Monday but I needed money in the bank today to cover the direct debit.

I've tried borrowing from family and other sources and all doors are closed to me. People want to help but haven't got it and I can't borrow from the bank.

I asked I Ching, what should I do about my rent situation. I got Hex 12 Obstruction.
I'm confused why I get such a challenging Hex today as yesterday it was all positive.

Yesterday I asked What about money to pay my rent. I got Hex 48.5.6>18. Steps of change (Stephen Karcher method) was 46 and 57 and inner and outer trigrams (yin and Yang) were 34 and 20. All very positive suggesting that the way had opened for me. So it was a shock to receive Hex 12 today.

I then asked, why the obstruction and got Hex 54.1>40.

Has anyone got any insight into what is going on around me, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks and supremely grateful.

Dancing Flame

zander

visitor
Reaction score
I asked I Ching, what should I do about my rent situation. I got Hex 12 Obstruction.
with your way of thinking, nothing. done deal.
you cannot be on your own, you may have to put an advert for a roommate, or become a roomy for someone else. 40-if an option, move back home, a humbling experience.

dancing flame

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Zander,

I don't know what you mean by 'with my way of thinking.' It sounds as if you're being critical of me. And move back home is not an option. Firstly my parents live abroad and I have no family here to move to. Secondly, I don't believe that is the answer.

I'm trying to set up a business and I ching points very strongly to that being a good way to go with an eventual successful outcome, but needing to take the small steps to get there. After years of trying I finally found the courage to step out and follow my dreams and this is just one of the challenges of that. I Ching has been very clear that returning to the old way is not the answer.

I'd like good clear interpretation of Yi not your subjective opinion of the rightness or wrongness of my choices, its not helpful. But if you can give me clear insight into what Yi is counselling, I'd certainly appreciate that.

Apologies if I've misunderstood you.

M

maremaria

Hi dancing flame,

Just a thought. Maybe your 54.1 > 40 reading has to do with your past reading about a part-time job.
In order to release (40) the rent problem looks like you have to make a compromise(54)

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
My rent is due today and I've not got the money to pay it. Actually, its due on Monday but I needed money in the bank today to cover the direct debit.

I've tried borrowing from family and other sources and all doors are closed to me. People want to help but haven't got it and I can't borrow from the bank.

I'm confused why I get such a challenging Hex today as yesterday it was all positive.

Yesterday I asked What about money to pay my rent. I got Hex 48.5.6>18. Steps of change (Stephen Karcher method) was 46 and 57 and inner and outer trigrams (yin and Yang) were 34 and 20. All very positive suggesting that the way had opened for me. So it was a shock to receive Hex 12 today.

Has anyone got any insight into what is going on around me, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks and supremely grateful.

Dancing Flame

Apart from the Yis answers the first (only) solution to not having the money today (that i can think of) is to work out when you can make the payment, get in touch with the landlord and explain that your're sorry the rent will be late but it will be paid. I think in general people are much happier when they are kept in the picture and if you have always been a reliable tennant till now maybe he or she will be understanding ? If you don't know when you can make a payment maybe offer a portion of the rent for now and say you'll make it up when you can...negotiate with him.

12 can mean just nothing moving - so on the plus side whatever happens you not being able to pay your rent at the moment is not going to make you homeless right now - I don't know where you live but tennants here are somewhat protected at least for a few months. Also bear inmind most landlords prefer to stick with who they've got rather than advertise all over again so its in his interests to be patient too maybe.

Anyhow 12 yup things are just stuck right now - there isn't much you can do right now is what I think your answer is saying and you know that you tried everything. But that doesn't invalidate your 48 to 18 reading IMO it sjust maybe it'll take a little time and more effort for you to reach the resources you need.

I don't know about the 54.1 you got that because you saw 12 as obstruction so you were saying 'why this obstruction' well maybe its not obstruction as such but just how things are right now. In general 54.1 is about maybe not getting a position you want having to take a secondary one but still you get somewhere even with that... i don't know how that relates to your question..maybe something around your business ..

Anyhow the main thing is right now don't panic ...its not even late yet....easier said than done but panic stops you thinking clear

Last edited:

dancing flame

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Trojan and MareMarie, Really helpful responses.

I've got a really great relationship with my landlord and I don't want to jepodise that. I've been 1- 3 days late in the past and was a week late last month (first time it was so late), which he wasn't too happy about but still understanding.

Up to now money's was always on its way so a few days late was ok as I could give him a date when it would be paid. But right now there's nothing due to me, so I have no idea where money will come from and can't promise anything. I've worked hard to develop our good relationship, and I'm also thinking of him, knowing that no rent means his mortgage payments are affected.

I'm ok to go back out to work, I was intending to, but Yi had counselled 12 and others on a number of occasions, suggesting it wasn't the right way to go. That's why I took the risk and hang on trusting that things would come to me but it hasn't. I am still trusting though. After a momentary panic, and as you wisely pointed out Trojan, I'm reminding myself that there's still 2 days to go till monday and anythng could happen by then. In the meantime I'll try to stay calm and figure out the next step most likely looking for work, which will take time, but its showing the universe some serious action and hopefully it will respond in a good way.

Thanks again, really appreciate it.

zander

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Zander,

I don't know what you mean by 'with my way of thinking.' It sounds as if you're being critical of me. And move back home is not an option. Firstly my parents live abroad and I have no family here to move to. Secondly, I don't believe that is the answer.

I'm trying to set up a business and I ching points very strongly to that being a good way to go with an eventual successful outcome, but needing to take the small steps to get there. After years of trying I finally found the courage to step out and follow my dreams and this is just one of the challenges of that. I Ching has been very clear that returning to the old way is not the answer.

I'd like good clear interpretation of Yi not your subjective opinion of the rightness or wrongness of my choices, its not helpful. But if you can give me clear insight into what Yi is counselling, I'd certainly appreciate that.
yes, you're right, I should have made myself clear...'with your way of thinking which is confused'
sorry.

dancing flame

visitor
Reaction score
Just asked Yi, what about looking for freelance work to resolve my money situation? I got Hex 8 no changing lines.

It seems to be suggesting its a good thing, but not sure as its not one of the Hexs I'm familiar with. And also I'm never certain what no changing lines means.

dancing flame

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Zander,

Sorry I was a bit sensitive to your answer but glad you've explained now and reassured me of your good intentions.

I had another look at 8 and have a different understanding of it now. It seems to be cautioning against going back to the old way of work, suggesting that the old way is dissolving and I should have the courage to create a new way (a new group) for myself (continue on as I am). So actually, it seems to be saying the opposite of what i thought before, and suggesting that going forward as I am is the right way.

I cast again as it counselled, asking the same question, and this time I got 6.1>19.
Now I'm very confused as to what it means.

Hope you can help with answers.

Much appreciated

M

maremaria

Just asked Yi, what about looking for freelance work to resolve my money situation? I got Hex 8 no changing lines.

To me 8 is simply this (choose 8)

I have "save" it in my mind. When I feel I fall apart I concentrate at this image and words , take deep breaths .
Not very sure about my answer, but maybe it sounds like a good idea that job.
Maybe others can help you more

Last edited:

dancing flame

visitor
Reaction score
Just realised I got the lines wrong. Last Hex was 7 not 6, so its giving a clear pointer to needing to take responsibility and action, in which case the job sounds like a good thing.

dancing flame

visitor
Reaction score
Just to let you know the rent situation is temporarily resolved. Spoke to my lovely landlord and he was totally understandng. Said no worries, you're a great tenant, I to keep you and things are difficult for everyone right now, so pay it as soon as you can. He's given me another 2 weeks to sort myself out. It was a good lesson to not let worry get the better of me.

Anyway, I've decided to get a job asap. Spoke to an ex-client, he'll keep me posted on upcoming opportunities. Also sent my CV off to some agencies. Business plans are temporarily on hold while I focus on the job search and getting money in.

Today I asked Yi, What is the best approach to take in looking for work? It said 25.1>12.

Then I asked, How do I change my financial situation? It said, 5.1.4.6>44

I'm forging ahead with the job search even though counsel says to wait. But I'm taking that as meaning to be patient and trust while doing what i need to do to change things. All help appreciated in helping me understand what this means.

mudpie

visitor
Reaction score
both answers seem to advise not expecting too much too soon, though I agree with your continuing your search. The advice is helpful, IMO, because that is actually the best way to conduct a search for resolution: innocently put in the action without focusing on immediate results. In fact, the 44 seems to point to that dastardly temptation to panic in times like these, but as you said, if you are patient and trusting, inevitably there will be a way.

I really love 5.6....your need to find a new solution is going to draw support to you, in ways that you probably can't conceive of right now. And situations like this one are quite valuable. In the empty (scary) space created by "desperation," there comes the unexpected blessings that we might not have been open to at another time.
wishing you the best:bows:

dancing flame

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Listener, that's really helpful. I'm feeling ok about things now and am really looking forward to having some money again. Feeling in a very trusting space while I patiently wait .

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).