...life can be translucent

Menu

Wedding- friends/family issues

tabitha

visitor
Reaction score
Hello- thanks for reading-

I am going to a wedding for my brother- we havent been getting along, and I asked if I should go and received 45-

I read this as slightly negative- can anyone help with interpretation?

Also, I am bringing my boyfriend- I dont know if this is the right step-given the surrounding negativity- I asked if I should bring him and received 22- 63
Meaning, I take, that the event will be harmless and soon " completed"
or... does that mean our relationship?
I asked and received 60- meaning, mind the limits here-(?) but now I am really confused and would appreciate clarification if possible!

thank you

gahan

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Tabitha,

If I understand correctly, on the first question you got 45 without changing lines. I don't see any reason to interpret it as negative. It is about a coming together of family, a very important gathering it seems. Go and undertake and make some offering for the wedding.

The second answer about bringing your boyfriend, seems good to how you interpret that.

But then, I think doubts come in: is it about my relationship with your boyfriend? But you asked about bringing your boyfriend, not about your relationship with him. So you ask again and you get 60. Limit the answer to the question, the Yi seems to say to you IMHO.

Cheers,

Gahan

petrosianii

visitor
Reaction score
the dreaded #45

Hi, Tabitha,

Oh, don't mind me...I call it the "dreaded #45" only b/c in 2005-2006, I used to receive this hexagram more than any other - way more. And it used to confound, frustrate, exasperate me to no end. :rant:

(See I Ching Year in Review). #45 went along with the tenor of my life at that time: family problems, family disunity - some of which was caused by me, of course; family re-"assembling", family dis-assembling...etc)

#45 always gives me consternation. To be honest, I really don't like receiving it.

Here's Wing's commentary on #45 without changing lines:

Without change, this hexagram implies that your goals, potential for growth, and even your happiness are tied in some way to group consciousness, perhaps to your family ... In this position, it is wise to fully join in the group's rituals and endeavors (emphasis mine). For greatest success, locate and serve the leader [of the assembly in question] thereby strengthening the group and ensuring you security.

It seems to me the answer to your first question is pretty clear. Remember, a hexagram received without changing lines means the oracle's counsel is more or less fixed, rigid, unmistakable, unequivocal (as no change means the situation is permeated thru and thru with yin energy, the energy of rest, repose, stillness, hence, fixed. That is, the answer is stable, clear, there are few if any confounding variables to consider, everything's pretty straightforward, simplicity, etc, etc).

--------------------

Now, as for the question of whether you should bring your boyfriend, there is more change in the hexagrams you received. That is, this question is less simple, less stable, more volatile, more complex, more factors to consider, etc.

I cannot go into too much detail with this now, but I will give you a few hints that hopefully will help.

As I've discovered in my I Ching studies, whenever I receive a change in line 6 of a hexgram, the theory of I Ching sequence suggests that I can get a fuller understanding of the meaning of any change line 6 by studying the full text of the following hexagram. (The theory behind this is a bit complex, but in short it comes from the philosophy of I Ching sequence and the decads).

In sum, it's as if the text of a hexagram is an elaboration of the previous hexagram's line 6; or, line 6 is a synopsis, a summary, of the following hexagram, if you prefer.

In your case, receiving 22.6 means that you can get a better grasp of what line 6 is saying by studying the text of hexagram #23, DETERIORATION (or "Splitting Apart"). In other words, the sixth line of a hexagram is elaborated on in the text of the following hexagram.

In your case, pay serious attention to 22.6 (line 6). 22.6 is not only your change line (the counsel of which should be given highest priority in your mind) but it is also the ruling line of the hexagram as a whole. In short, the oracle is placing tremendous emphasis on your disclosing the meaning of #22 line 6. Don't take this lightly.

Hope this helps

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hello- thanks for reading-

I am going to a wedding for my brother- we havent been getting along, and I asked if I should go and received 45-

I read this as slightly negative- can anyone help with interpretation?

Also, I am bringing my boyfriend- I dont know if this is the right step-given the surrounding negativity- I asked if I should bring him and received 22- 63
Meaning, I take, that the event will be harmless and soon " completed"
or... does that mean our relationship?
I asked and received 60- meaning, mind the limits here-(?) but now I am really confused and would appreciate clarification if possible!

thank you

I think the 45 is totally neutral just describing a gathering. You asked 'should i go' well I'm thinking lately all the 'shoulds' in questions are really up to us - there is no should here other than what you decide. If the 'should' rested somewhere else where would it rest -is there an arbitrator in the sky with an opinion on the rightness or wrongness of you going to a wedding ? You need to break down that question to what its really about, what are the issues here ? Is the 'should' to do with a sense of loyalty to your brother, not wishing to offend ? Then perhaps you might ask how it would affect him if you did not go - or whatever you like but I think a 'should' question here really isn't being answered because there isn't one. So maybe Yi answers just here is the situation - 45.

I take your 22 to 63 answer pretty much as you do - take the simple course of action its harmless and over and over I find 63 meaning 'it will be done' or its 'as good as done already'

I've no idea what question you got 60 for ? If you were asking 'does it mean our relationship,' then i think the Yi is answering that no its conforming to the limits of your original question about taking him to the wedding ie 22 to 63 was answering the questionabout taking him not about your relationship

On a day to day level I guess not going to someones wedding who you are close to is something they will remember for a long time to come -possibly rather a serious gesture thats not easily healed so I can see why its important to consult about this.

FWIW i see 22 to 63 as looking like a pleasant, pretty light social occasion..its says "elegance in hills and gardens" makes me think of people swanning around in their outfits, drinking and so on.

Anyhow its all down to you i think, no shoulds here... would seem to me the main issue is your relationship with your brother in the future rather than the wedding..

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).