...life can be translucent

Menu

mazaru

visitor
Reaction score
This is my first post here, but I've been reading the threads for some time now. And they've been very helpfull to me.
I am very curious what you make of this answer I got.

I have met somebody a couple of months ago, and I am developing deeper feelings for him.
I have the idea that he also has feelings for me.
There is definitly tension in the air ;)

So I asked what kind of changes would happen in the next couple of weeks between us.
The answer was 34.1.2.5 changing to 31
Can someone help me understand this answer?

gahan

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Mazaru,

Are you considering to tell him about your deeper feelings? Or you see him alreay in a relationship with you? If so, the I Cing is telling you to take it easy:

1. Act slow and carefull, otherwise you will waste your energy premature.
2. You begin to feel there is an opening, but don't blurt it out yet. Stay in what is possible in the here and now.
5. The situation will prove that there's no need for hurry or ultimate changes. It will develop, but in it's own time.

Hexagram 31: well looks promising to me!

I wish you best of luck.

Cheers,

Gahan

mazaru

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you for your answer gahan.
I will certainly take your advice about taking it easy.
I'm not much of a hero in that area anyway.
If anything will ever happen, he will have to take the first step. I would never have the courage to do that.
But your answer is definitly giving me a boost. Thank you.

petrosianii

visitor
Reaction score
Hey there, Mazaru,

I agree with what Gahan said. The oracle's answer to your relationship inquiry seems pretty clear, at least in my mind.

I would only add a couple of things to what Gahan said.

First, #34 - Great Power. Though you may not feel you have the courage to "take the first step", or that you are "a hero" in the area of relationships, you have more power (authority) in this situation than you give yourself credit for. Don't neglect that. I'm not saying rush into assertive behavior, because the change lines don't seem to counsel that. But the overall tenor of #34 is that you have power to make the desired changes. There may come a time when you yourself must take the initiative if the relationship will come to fruition, so prepare yourself for that if it arises.

Second, the meaning of #31 ATTRACTION is also pretty obvious in your situation. It's clear there's an attraction brewing. However, I also see a bit of a caution or warning in #31:

Wing's version says,
"If you are attempting to make a decision or judgment concerning another person, pay particular attention to what he attracts. In this way you can penetrate his nature and fate. By examining his energies, ideas and associations, you can begin to see what the nature of your involvement will be. Then you may determine if such an attraction will benefit you. By penetrating that which the situation attracts - people, problems and possibilities - you can see the way it will affect your current position, well-being and future."

This may be why, I suspect, the oracle first counsels modesty, patience, taking it slow, etc. As with any new relationship, it's wise to first get to know the person before getting romantically involved.

mazaru

visitor
Reaction score
Hi petrosianii,

Thanks for your reply.
I think what you are saying about getting to know the being of the other person first, is exactly where we are at the moment.
He is not in any hurry, and neither am I.
In fact I am a little scared if I would happen to get what I think I want. Because I really wasn't planning to get feelings like this ever again.
I stayed away from these feelings for many, many years. But this time I didn't see it coming. :eek:
Needless to say I am very, very cautious.

Life can be full of surprises.
I really hope and pray that this one is a pleasant one ;)

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
So I asked what kind of changes would happen in the next couple of weeks between us.

The answer to your question is Hex 31 which shows that your friend will pay much more attention to you soon enough.

mazaru

visitor
Reaction score

The answer to your question is Hex 31 which shows that your friend will pay much more attention to you soon enough.

Thank you willowfox.
You put a smile on my face :D

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).