...life can be translucent

Menu

What's going on?

U

unsubscribed_cm

I got an itch to ask the Yijing this question.
Was wondering what someone else thought of this reading.
I put my immediate interpretations on the bottom.

Am I making life harder for myself than it needs to be?

8 - - - -
6 - - ---
6 - - ---
8 - - - -
7 --- ---
8 - - - -

7 -> 47

Army -> Exhaustion

No we are being invaded by a superior enemy.
And we are being oppressed and at the end of our rope.

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
You organize the expression of your force in a way that oppresses and exhausts you. The answer to your question is 'yes', in other words.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Struggling against the odds unnecessarily, very silly, just relax.

U

unsubscribed_cm

well thats a big message.

I've been pretty bad off for many years of my early adult life.
thinking about suicide allot.

I wonder how I'm making it so hard on myself?
I'm totally down with relaxing.

I guess I just don't realize that i'm doing this?

U

unsubscribed_cm

I asked the following question after that one:

Is life ever going to get easier for me?

8 - -
8 - -
7 ---
8 - -
8 - -
8 - -

Enthusiasm

Seems to say tension will be released and joy will be felt

Is it saying I need to just "cheer up"?

U

unsubscribed_cm

OK i know i'm really bombarding the thread but If someone could just please help me with this.

I asked (frantically) again, cuz I really need someone to just tell me what the deal is.
Nobody else I've seen has this much trouble with life

I asked:

How am I making life harder for myself than it needs to be?
7 --- ---
7 --- ---
7 --- ---
6 - - ---
8 - - - -
8 - - - -

12 -> 33

Any ideas?

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
It's basically reflecting your idea of things getting better by showing you the best way to do it, which is 16. 16's all about preparing for something (in your case it seems to be really living your life instead of just suffering it) with enthusiasm and energy and getting things in place. Which you already know, of course. I mean, think about it. If you lived your life with enthusiasm and energy and getting things in place, depression wouldn't stand a chance.

The message isn't 'just cheer up'. For one thing, that's not the message of 16. For another thing, if you've been down and suicidal, then 'just cheer up' is pretty much the most useless piece of advice you could be given. You need to find where your will actually works. It works in two places chiefly: physical actions, and to a lesser extent, in the ability to direct your attention to this thing rather than that thing. So, to a certain extent, you can direct some of your attention to useful thoughts, and you can direct some of your physical actions (like studying and who you hang out with and what you say to people and so on). In the meantime, your feelings will play hell with your will. So, for support, you need a group of people with a real teacher you can trust who can remind you of what I've been saying regularly, especially when you need to hear it. A teacher and a group like that can help you work out a small but really useful repertoire of ideas as useful objects for your attention, and useful practices to carry out.

That's the best thing I've found, anyway. Other things, like art and alcohol and relationships and work - those things can help for periods of time, but in the end they become external conditions like everything else, and seldom touch what the real issue is, which is inside you. It's the inner work I described above that's the most reliable approach. It doesn't solve your problem so much as deal with it. That's what I think, anyway.

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
I'd also advise you to stop yourself from going into multiple question mode with the Yi right now; instead, how about living with and soaking in what's been given to you here? It's major. Don't screw it up by continuing to ask questions that give you answers you don't take into your heart and memorize.

U

unsubscribed_cm

Thanks, I've thrown at least 10 or so divinations just this evening.
Not on the same question though.

I agree that If I could live my life with energy and enthusiasm depression wouldn't stand a chance.
As you know one of my frustrations is my libido which is not satisfied. And it's embarrassing for me.
Cuz i've just got allot to offer. I feel like I must be an blind idiot or something not to be more successful in this area... It can't be as hard as I'm making it...

I'm a very lonely person. I feel very much at odds with the world. I feel that I'm being 100% true to myself, and that I'm not being eccentric, but that this misery still is a quality of my life right now and has been for quite some time.

I will try to soak in what i've put to the Yi so far.

IIt works in two places chiefly: physical actions, and to a lesser extent, in the ability to direct your attention to this thing rather than that thing.

Are you saying by this a ability to sort of shut out what is maybe a source of frustration and "count my blessings" that sort of thing?

I don't feel like an overly negative person, I'm not super cynical. I just don't feel loved.

I will try and let this all sit with me. Enthusiasm says to me - Enthusiasm, a song or dance in joy. It seems to talk about there being a immanent harmony in things - to find the path of least resistance.

The hexagram seems to speak of ritual song and dance for spiritual reasons. I'm totally able to do these things. I do dance, I whistle, I like to hear and play music. I am able to feel the feelings of spirit.

I may not be totally "naked" though with people. As far as my feelings go I am a little reserved. Perhaps this is what 12 -> 33 is saying?

Anyhow I realize this is going to take some time.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score

12.3 -> 33

Worrying too much that you are not capable of dealing with the world that you live in, you believe that you are out of your depth in today's society. So you want to hide your head in the sand perhaps?

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Is life ever going to get easier for me?

Hex 16 Yes, but only if you change your outlook. The change that you want comes from inside you, it is for you to instigate the turn around in your attitude and outlook, no one can do it for you, so it is all down to you to make the best of your situation. As Hex 16 says you have to have the enthusiasm for life then all kinds of good things will happen but you must apply yourself to the task, believe.

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
Are you saying by this a ability to sort of shut out what is maybe a source of frustration and "count my blessings" that sort of thing?

No, not so much a shutting out the pain as a focussing on the useful. When you learn what ideas are useful and learn how to keep your attention returning to those ideas and interpreting your experience in the light of those ideas, it's really, really useful. In this way, your life comes into balance, and when your life comes into balance, things that you need come to you. Love and sex, for instance, unless your karma indicates otherwise. Work, for instance, unless your karma indicates otherwise. Opportunities, for instance. Everything you need.

U

unsubscribed_cm

12.3 -> 33

Worrying too much that you are not capable of dealing with the world that you live in, you believe that you are out of your depth in today's society. So you want to hide your head in the sand perhaps?

yea you took it out of my brain.

Last edited:
U

unsubscribed_cm

I asked then:

How do I overcome this fear?

7 --- ---
7 --- ---
8 - - - -
8 - - - -
6 - - ---
9 --- - -

42 -> 59

Could someone please help me?
What does this mean?

Line 1: Set out to face my fears?

Line 2: Put myself in situations that scare me?

I'm afraid just sitting here in this chair in my room by myself.

Last edited:
U

unsubscribed_cm

OK i'll stop throwing it.

No, not so much a shutting out the pain as a focussing on the useful. When you learn what ideas are useful and learn how to keep your attention returning to those ideas and interpreting your experience in the light of those ideas, it's really, really useful. In this way, your life comes into balance, and when your life comes into balance, things that you need come to you. Love and sex, for instance, unless your karma indicates otherwise. Work, for instance, unless your karma indicates otherwise. Opportunities, for instance. Everything you need.

What do you mean by karma. Thats kinda a weird notion.

I used to keep an idea in my mind that i found useful.
Like the yin and Yong symbol and dynamics.
Not anymore. I'm just burned out of good ideas.
Also some of these ideas just made me worry and over analyze reality.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I used to keep an idea in my mind that i found useful.
Like the yin and Yong symbol and dynamics.
Not anymore. I'm just burned out of good ideas.
Also some of these ideas just made me worry and over analyze reality.

FWIW I agree with your last point that perhaps over thinking/analysing this problem doesn't help. I'm not looking at your readings here just giving you the benefit ;) of some thoughts I have about your situation - dismiss as you please.

Firstly I keep thinking of this tv series used to be on here where people could just not get dates or sex and they had a few experts to help them out but where they were going wrong was really in the final analysis pretty simple stuff they just hadn't realised they were doing.

Things that were most common were ;
not showing interest in the other
not responding to cues of interest from the other
poor use of body language
style/fashion giving wrong impression

Whilst this all seems pretty shallow stuff it is aferall ones first impression that determines things getting off the ground so I was wondering if the best people for you to turn to would be your male friends - like going around with them, watching how they 'pull' girls and if none of your friends are much help like that maybe focus some energy on making some new connections with other guys which would at least take your mind off things and get you new places...or something. Maybe other male friends would have a mcuh better idea of what might be hindering you than we will ?

Just a thought...sitting alone getting scared doesn't sound good

Last edited:

martin

(deceased)
Reaction score
42 -> 59

Line 1: Set out to face my fears?

Line 2: Put myself in situations that scare me?

Something like that. Make a great movement. Do things that you wouldn't normally do. Be adventurous. If possible it's perhaps a good idea to go to another place, another situation, another environment for a while. If that is not possible now then at least break habits, do things differently.

This is a very encouraging answer of the Yi. The answers that you got earlier (and what you said yourself) seem to indicate that you feel trapped, and you probably had some bad luck, but you are not trapped. You are battling ghosts of the past but the ghosts don't exist, they are not real.
And you are perfectly okay, nothing wrong with you, just some bad luck, not your fault, let it go.
Once you reconnect with the adventurer inside (42.1) things will start to look very different (42.2).
The world - the world is your playing ground. Go play. :)

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Cyclo, your PM box is full.

Now that you've broken it down you're feeling super vulerable right now - that's ok, that's normal. In fact, it's much healthier situation because it means there's not as much bullshit covering up the reality of the situation. But now you have to be gentle with yourself and take time out.

Do something good for yourself. Go play some sport. Go for a walk, rent a DVD, take a hot bath but take some time out from the computer.

Then, can I suggest you utilize all that energy in developing a plan of action - simple list of things you can begin to implement now, to alleviate your situation knowing that this will take some time.

IMO, I really think that no more questions on this subject (via the Yi) would be a good idea for now.

(didn't see Martin's post - yeah Martin :)...)

Topal

U

unsubscribed_cm

Thanks everyone for your help in this.
I think it's defiantly helped.

Ya'll are like the council of the wise.

This has actually been really helpful.
It's reveled to me one small truth.
But a deep one.

The rest is pretty encouraging.

I think I can say now:
It's all good. no worries.

Last edited:

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
I hope your life has become as simplified as that last post of yours. I'm glad you edited it. It was so busy before. Now it's so simple. Good work.

openheartsf

visitor
Reaction score
Cyclone, you've received a lot of good advice here.

There's another recent thread on depression with some equally useful advice you may want to check out

http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?t=5705

Be well...you are NOT alone in this. Many people suffer the way you do, in fact it's the epidemic of our time it seems. There are many factors involved from diet to the way we are socialized. WE need to find the meaning in our lives somehow but I realize (from my own experience with depression) that this is easier said than done.

Good luck!

Samgirl

visitor
Reaction score
Yeah, I have been in that situation as well. Just wanted to share a book that is becoming mana for my soul (besides the Yi :) ): A New Earth, from Eckhart Tolle. Simply fantastic, and helps so much to understand and overcome our fears.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).