...life can be translucent

Menu

60.1.2 to 8 (articulating the quest for union)

Samgirl

visitor
Reaction score
From WikiWing:

"Changing both line 1 and line 2, with their different messages about ‘going out’, means you’re ‘articulating the quest for union’ (60.1.2 > 8). "

Would it be possible to expand this concept? I am trying to understand how these two lines correlate as they say almost opposite things.

Merci!

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
60.1 says not emerging from your inner state or position is without fault, yet 60.2 says not emerging from your inner state or position is unfortunate: the two lines have opposite valuations for exactly the same action taken.

The person who's given that interpretation you quoted is taking 60 to mean 'articulating' and 8 to mean 'union'. So what they've done essentially is to ignore the two lines with their opposite meanings and focus only on the primary hexagram and relating hexagram. The result is 'articulating the quest for union'.

If you have two lines like this that have opposite valuations, the two most likely possibilities are:

* the situation (within you, without you, or both) has forces moving in opposite directions - kinda messy

* the situation will manifest first one line, then the other, in a sequence of events

Samgirl

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you, Dobro and Twilight.

Just to understand better this... Twilight, just to understand better, why are you saying that the change of the situation comes quickly? Is it because the two lines are one after the other one? Are these internal changes as they are in the inferior trigram?

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Both Dobro and Twilight are rigth, but these are not the only possibilities. Lines can also indicate different 'realms'. The bottom line has very often to do with how you are and how you move, what you do, how you go. The second line with your relation with things, world, people. So if the advice is opposite, like here, it does not mean there is a conflict. It might tell you something like "stay inside but make contact".

Stay in your own house, or your own way of doing things, or in your set of values. But be open to another, work together, or listen, feel compassion, discuss something, exchange.

These two things together do offer a good base for standing by each other, 8. There is cooperation, but he/she will also know where you stand. You give advice or ideas with selfconfidence, but also with understanding of the other of of the situation.

LiSe

M

meng

another view..

"Changing both line 1 and line 2, with their different messages about ‘going out’, means you’re ‘articulating the quest for union’ (60.1.2 > 8). "

I don't know who wrote that but I think it's very clever, even before going to the resulting hex. of 8. Articulating (or delineating, quantifying, etc) the quest for union is indicated just by the inferred question: should I stay or should I go? (a Clash song, btw!) Going out or staying in shows conflicting interests toward union or separation. But either way, a quest for union is implied.

Whether by realms, as LiSe has said, or by the necessity of the time, as Twilight has said, there's a time for inside and also for outside. To say only one or the other may not be telling the whole story of the reading.

A clock or watch is also representative of 60. Has something like this ever happened to you, which reveals your own inner clock? You say to yourself "I need to go do such-and-such", but you feel you aren't quite ready to do that. So you busy yourself, or even just relax a little in your favorite chair. Then, suddenly, you know it is time to go do it. When you follow or work with the natural flow of time, you do what "wants" to done when it's time to do it. The inner clock knows when to stay and when to go.

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
Lines can also indicate different 'realms'. The bottom line has very often to do with how you are and how you move, what you do, how you go. The second line with your relation with things, world, people. So if the advice is opposite, like here, it does not mean there is a conflict. It might tell you something like "stay inside but make contact".

Nice. What about the other line positions? How do you see those 'realms'?

Samgirl

visitor
Reaction score
Nice indeed. All your input is extremely valuable. Thank you so much. I feel so blessed for being able to learn so much from all of you!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).