...life can be translucent

Menu

hexagram 21 changing to 10 and continued relationship woes

folledeschiele

visitor
Reaction score
Well, I don't like to think I'm obsessing excessively :), but after feeling a continued sense of unease and fear around my troubled relationship following the first question I posted here:

http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?t=6306

and deciding to go away for just a couple of days to attempt to ground myself, I drew again this morning concerning my long-term partnership. Here were my results:

Q: "Given the current dynamics of the situation, what would be the best approach to take at this time?"
A: 33, Retreat, no changing lines.

This seemed pretty clear-- withdraw for now. But I found this confusing considering that the YI seemed to have been encouraging me to stay close to my partner and strive for intimacy in my first reading, which drew 31 unchanging. So I asked a second question:

"I do yearn to be with her-- would it be unwise to go back tonight? (I had planned to stay away for at least a couple more days)"

Answer: 21, Cutting Through, changing to 10, Treading (Conduct). Lines 2 and 5 changing in 21.

The Yi now seems to be counseling that I establish firm boundaries and even "punish" her, which seems to so radically contradict what I had seen the first time I drew.

I have to admit I am very angry with her for vacillating about what she wants and I feel she takes my love for granted. In this sense, part of me does feel like drawing a line. On the other hand, I know that she is deeply confused and I want to be there for her and not run away at the first signs of a crisis. My original intention in going away for a couple of days was to ground myself and find a way to accept the ambiguity of the situation so I could work toward that deeper intimacy counseled by 31.

Please help as I don't want to further damage a relationship that I still hope can be salvaged.

Thank you for any wisdom you can impart.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Q: "Given the current dynamics of the situation, what would be the best approach to take at this time?"
A: 33, Retreat, no changing lines.

This hex does not advise you to runaway to your safe house, it is telling you to retreat from any confrontation with her, in other words stop fighting and arguing, so be wise and back off and keep your own council in the matter. So stay where you are as well, with her.

"I do yearn to be with her-- would it be unwise to go back tonight? (I had planned to stay away for at least a couple more days)"

Answer: 21, Cutting Through, changing to 10, Treading (Conduct). Lines 2 and 5 changing in 21.

She may be difficult to deal with but be fair with her, she may be a bit of a tiger so better you watch your conduct, ie behave and don't get angry or shirty with her then things will be okay. To bite through means to keep persevering and not to give up and run away, you must be strong and set a good example, not be a chickens*** who only wants to runaway when faced with a difficult situation.
Your last answer advised you to cooperate with her, to understand how she is feeling, a relationship is a full time union, not some part time affair.

Last edited:

folledeschiele

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to give your insight, Willowfox. It is exactly the opposite of what I had concluded, so perhaps taking a measured approach and calming my raging desire to give her an ultimatum would indeed be a better route to take. Still feel like I'm compromising my own needs here, though.

In any case, merci beaucoup as we say 'round these parts.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).