...life can be translucent

Menu

62.1.2.4 to 11

sotrix

visitor
Reaction score
Hello all,

I was wondering if you could help me to understand this reading. I asked the I Ching about the state of my relationship with my father. He passed away long time ago and I feel I have somethings to heal about our relationship. I received 62.1.2.4 moving to 11.

What would your interpretation be?

Thank you so much,
Sotrix

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
I don't see that anything at all needs to be done.

my_key

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Sotrix
A simple post but I sense that this is an extremely important question for you.

62 - "In bereavement he gives preponderance to grief." It's important that you complete your healing in the way that you need to. Take each of the things that you have to heal and deal with them gradually. Do not allow them to dominate your life and this will bring you the peace you are looking for.

62.1 - Not all things need to be addressed at once (or maybe at all). Go gently, take your time and try walking before you run.
62.2 - Talk to everyone in the family to establish what they think about your intentions. Listen to what thay have to say but in the end you need to do what you feel is right for you.
62.4 - Emotionally this may not be an easy thing for you to do, but if you feel you still have to face the situation then do so. Look for support from people and organisations around you and take things steady.

11 - By engaging in this you will put your mind at rest. It may take a long time for all the pieces to fall into place for you, indeed some of them may not, however in the long term you will achieve a sense of peace, irrespective of the eventual outcomes.

Take Care

Mike

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all,

I was wondering if you could help me to understand this reading. I asked the I Ching about the state of my relationship with my father. He passed away long time ago and I feel I have somethings to heal about our relationship. I received 62.1.2.4 moving to 11.

What would your interpretation be?

Thank you so much,
Sotrix

Another perspective...I immediately saw this as answering on the spiritual level so to speak or thats where i assumed the question was coming from. He passed away a long time ago but you want to make peace with him

I see 62.1 as kind of stating the obvious - a small bird can't fly out of its element. You are alive hes on another plane, you can't connect or feel you can't connect with him for that reason. Line 2 seems especially apt to me for it shows someone who cannot connect with whom they wish but shows they can connect with an intermediary. My first thought about this was that it may help for you to connect in your mind with someone who was close to him, perhaps your grandfather/grandmother. In Wihelm the 'ancestor/ancestress' is there in line 2 and Karcher talks here about the 'grandfather in spirit' or grandmother. For myself I find my (deceased) grandparents very present for me, sometimes suprisingly so, yet not other relatives who have died and who i may have had more connection in life . Could be my imagination but i don't think so. Anyway if not them just link to someone who had a connection of love with both you and your father maybe. Of course this could be a person still living who could help but i think those who have passed over can also help and thoughts to them will go to them.

I think line 4 shows success at meeting the situation in just the right measure and i also think it shows that meeting this situation, looking for healing is appropriate now for you. The relating hex 11 ? I feel it is restored abundant energy flow. I think what gives rise to the need for healing is blocked energy flow. Perhaps the stored feelings between you and him blocks both of you on some level and perhaps it can be helped now.

Of course line 2 could literally refer to a medium but it can be difficult to find one thats right. Anyhow i think if you just send thoughts out to those that connect with both you and your father, asking for help and healing that it will happen for you in one way or another. Even though he died a long time ago i think it makes little difference, bonds can still be healed. Maybe not in the same way as if he were alive but certainly on a spiritual/energetic level .

Hope this makes sense.

D

diamanda

Hi Sotrix,

I see it in quite a similar way too.

62:1 - first recognise there's not much you can do.
62:2 - try to connect with older relatives, preferably a grandmother, or even,
as trojan so beautifully put it, even ones who are not with us anymore; try to
see and appreciate the older relatives who are still with you, make good use
of time with them.
62:4 - this line is warning you not to overdo it. "Danger", "be on guard", "do
not act", "do not exceed natural course", "be cautious", "do not go forward",
"continue quiet and restrain oneself", "do not go beyond greeting others in
passing". The way this sounds to me is, either do not become obsessed with
this, and/or, do not take action (eg mediums), and/or do not continue
talking about this to a grandparent even (think of them - if he was their son,
they'll feel vulnerable too, the more so because they're old themselves...).

11 is very hopeful! - make peace. After you've been through the previous
steps, let love and peace overtake any other emotions. At the end of the day,
it's only love that truly binds us to people. Wishing you all the best with this!

sotrix

visitor
Reaction score
Oh.. thank you so much Trojan and Diamanda.

I think that, after all, this feeling I had from the IC response is getting clearer now.

my_key

visitor
Reaction score
Another perspective...I immediately saw this as answering on the spiritual level so to speak or thats where i assumed the question was coming from. He passed away a long time ago but you want to make peace with him

Hi Trojan
Absolutely agree, that was where my thoughts started. I was trying to couch my response in a way that could be addressed by Sotrix in a physical or spiritual manner. Some people run a mile at the mention of mediums.

On either path, physical or spiritual, when you are trying to heal old wounds, there is a high risk of causing some tension in family situations as well as having to tackle your own immensely difficult internal stuff. This is a tough path to walk.
I do like LiSe's take on 62.4 "Be on guard, evaluate the situation because it is dangerous. But facing it is safer than turning one’s back on it."
Similarly Wilhelm says " The situation here calls for extreme caution; one must make no attempt of one's own initiative (no ouija boards:eek:) to reach the desired end. And if one were to go on, endeavoring one must be on guard and not act but continue inwardly to persevere."

The main thing that i see here is that Sotrix has to decide the level and type of healing that is needed, staying within the bounds of what is comfortable and proceeding slowly.

Mike

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).