...life can be translucent

Menu

Job question 51 & 31

dancing flame

visitor
Reaction score
Hi,

I've recently applied for a contract and had to put in costings based on a set fee. The fee is low for what I know will be a lot of work. I could have reduced my fees to fit in with the number of days its likely to take but instead chose to cost it at my usual daily rate which reduced the number of days. In other words, I'll get the job done in less time for my usual fee. The industry I'm in is used to having you work hard for less cost and I was unwilling to accept this and reduce my value.

I asked Yi, 'how will my tender be received?' I got 51 no changing lines.

I then asked 'what response can I expect from my tender?' and got 31 no changing lines.

Two days ago, before I had completed the costings I asked 'what will be the outcome of my tender?' and got 39.1.3.6 changing to 42.

I've not worked for a while as I've been trying to create a new direction for myself, so this job is a step back into the industry and though its not exactly what I want to do it would bring in some money which would enable me to get more done.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the company and wondered what you thought. Did I do the right thing by holding out for my set fee or have I blown it?

I've also applied for some other work which is in an area completely new to me. It would be less demanding and more fun and could introduce me to more interesting opportunities. So I was surprised to get 33 retreat, when I asked Yi, 'what about this work?'

I'm really ready to move forward and for my life to open up, so I'm surprised when it tells me to retreat

Your good counsel is appreciated as always

Many thanks

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).