...life can be translucent

Menu

Divination samples

tuckchang

visitor
Reaction score
Dear all,

Last year I had an very interesting divination, I would like to share with you.

The question was ‘How will the real estate business do in the second half of 2007 in Taiwan?’

The yarrow exhibited: hexagram 54, the moving line is lines 1 & 2, and the changeable position is position 6 = 55 – 9 – 9 – 8 – 7 – 8 – 8.

___ ___ 8 (the changeable position)
___ ___ 8
_________ 7
___ ___ 8
_________ 9
_________ 9

The above configuration suggests using the following rule to get the advice:
Provided that there are two moving lines and neither of these two moving lines is at the changeable position, the divination advice mainly refers to the text of the original hexagram, and the significance presented by the image of the hexagram after these two lines have changed is possible be contained in the advice.

The advice means:
A) The text of the hexagram 54: it is ominous to undertake a venture; nothing favorable. This is the main advice and means that it is ominous to undertake aggressive action; no matter what is to be done, there is nothing favorable.
B) After lines 1 & 2 change, the hexagram becomes Yu (hexagram 16); its image displays the signal of ‘foresight and precautionary action’, which is the additional message included in the advice.

This advice proves the exact status later as the business has been declining up to now.
What’s interesting is: If a further study is made on the text of lines 1 & 2, it can be found that both lines 1 & 2 are handicapped. They must collaborate and work hard (i.e. with double efforts); then they can move like an ordinary person. The property developer had indeed struggled with all possibilities in order to keep business still booming but failed to stop declining.
The texts of line 1 & 2 are quoted for reference as follows:
The text of line 1: Gui Mei is the concubine, crippled but able to walk; it is auspicious to undertake a venture.
The text of line 2: One eye is blind but one still can see; it is advantageous to be persistent like the hermit.

If you are interested in browsing more divination samples, please visit www.iching123.com.

Best regards
Tuck :bows:

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Maybe it is because of the full moon but what was the answer and was it correct for you? Did the real estate business continue to decline in the end of 2007 or did it pick up?

tuckchang

visitor
Reaction score
For better understanding, I brief the following:
The real estate business started booming in 2006; one of the main reasons is: many Taiwanese businessmen came back to buy houses after they were successful in China; this triggered the business, both sales and price up.
The divination was made in April / 2007; the business was still booming, lots of new private housing projects ongoing; however some people were wondering, since the local economic situation couldn’t sustain such booming. The divination said: it is ominous to undertake aggressive action; nothing favorable. It also said that one should prepare for a crisis.
In the 2nd half of 2007, till the beginning of this year, the local news papers and TV are fully occupied by the housing advertising. My friend told me last month that it was a signal of the property developer lacking customers but honestly speaking, at that moment it was hard to perceive the crisis as the market was still teeming with positive news.

Within the past several months, the price in the remote area has dropped by 10 - 20% and sales in the urban area has dropped by 20 - 30%.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for this example Tuck.

Now did you also look at the second hexagram? 16 or 55? What did it tell you?

rosada

proph

visitor
Reaction score
Interesting..

Deeper and more detailed interpretation of the IC has always interested me, the closest I've ever come was Alex Chiu's SuperIChing, but I had bad experiences with friends of his so I shied away from that.

Your analysis of moving lines is interesting. Are you familiar with the old ways of divining using the houses and pillars and etc.?

tuckchang

visitor
Reaction score
As moving lines 1 and 2 aren’t at the changeable position (position 6), I take the text of hexagram 54 as the main advice and check whether I can get any other hint from the image of hexagram 16. I don’t look at hexagram 55. Hexagram 16, according to the common Chinese annotation, signifies ease and relaxation, to be pleased due to harmony, foresight and precautionary action. The last one is most pertinent to this case.

Involving the changeable position is the main concept of this reading method. I learnt it from my teacher Liu Jun-Zu, who is the most famous I Ching master in Taiwan. It is a little more complicate than others. In my opinion, more reference channels available more information we can get from the divination. However the difficult job is how to paraphrase those hexagrams and texts properly. My teacher does it very nimbly and his explanation is very wide; surely those come from his thorough understanding of I Ching and experience.

It is alleged that the yarrow only grows behind the tomb of Fu Hsi (a legendary Chinese ruler who invented the hexagram). It is not easy to obtain or the yarrow is not alway with us. Therefore any 50 identical objects, houses, buttons and chopsticks etc can work.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).