...life can be translucent

Menu

Environmental Engineering? 48.5.6 -> 18

unusual_noises

visitor
Reaction score
Hello!
I hope everyone is well, and that my southern hemisphere pals are enjoying that increasing sunshine :) (for those in the north i'm sure you're about ready for a cool change anyhow!)

I have been agonising over my academic/career direction for as long as I can remember. Years and years. I have never really been able to find something that 'fit' for me. I am 23 and have finished about half of a Bachelor of Arts majoring in Japanese. While I did enjoy the BA to some extent, I never really got right into it as I would like to. I have taken the past two semester off to chill out and think about what I really want to do with my academic career and beyond.

I have found huge support and insight in the writings of Sri Aurobindo and The Mother (two modern Indian thinkers) and while my personal, family and social lives have never been better, I still have not been able to decidewhich path to take academically. I am seriously craving to get back into the books, and do some solid study!

Anyhoo, I kind of had a wake up call when I spoke with my career counsellor and also a close friend in the same evening when I was quite distraught about everything. I can't really remember the exact words of the conversations, but I got the distinct feeling that I wasn't really giving things a go. Just before things got a bit hard (whether in difficulty or even simplicity leading to possible boredom) I have tended to pull back, not really see what my true potential is, not really give things a go. I have also tended to doubt my abilities. While we spoke about other things I feel these were two of the key things I realised that night.

I have always had the idea of wanting to go to developing countries and work in sanitation. I read somewhere that approximately 70% of all disease could be prevented with proper wastewater management. I know it sounds strange to want to deal with poo all day, but it has been one of my dreams! The reasons I have held back has been not knowing if I will like the course/work before I get there, the four extra years at university and also the academic rigour of the courses leading to such a career.

So basically now I have decided that that is what I am going to do. I am going to apply to a Bachelor of Environmental Engineering starting in March '09. I have looked at all the subjects and they all look fascinating, nice and geeky for me to sink my teeth into :p

I feel very positive about the decision. I can't remember ever having felt this good about a new direction.

Buuuuuuuuutt, I of course couldn't resist asking the Yi's opinion of the whole thing!!

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!!

Is Environmental Engineering the right path for me?

48.5.6 -> 18

big hugs!!!

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Is Environmental Engineering the right path for me?

48.5.6 -> 18

The well represents knowledge which you are free to learn, and if you want to make a career out of hygiene then you will most certainly need that knowledge, then in turn you become a well, full of knowledge that you can use to help the public. Hex 18 is about correcting the mistakes that you have made to date with your wrong career choices, you now have a chance to make good with this new idea, so go with it because it is down to you whether you succeed or fail but the choice seems to be a good one.

unusual_noises

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply :) I really think it's a positive reading aswell. I have always been a bit intimidated by this hex/image in the past, it has a solidity to it that I think I found dark or menacing. But now when I see this hex and feel the image in my mind it all beautiful. A rock solid well extending deep into the ground, providing cool, clear water for all to drink. I remember one person on here talking about wells being 'lowly' things. I feel he/she was right, they do have a lowly feel, unassuming.

Very refreshing!

I am at work now so I can't write more baout the specific lines, but thank you again for your response :)

Karl

thisismybody

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
A very old thread. I thought I'd add an insight for anyone who might come, like I did, to drink from the forum's well...haha.

After unusual_noises said that "approximately 70% of all diseases could be prevented with proper wastewater management," he was given an image of a well that is clean, fresh, dependable and able to be drunk from. 18 as "relating" is an image of a dirty well. The question related to cleaning up water. Yi affirmed this was a good idea. 48.5 was his/her choice, and 48.6 shows choosing this path would create a clean well. Maybe Yi was just turning the question back on the querent. We need clean water. Good idea!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).