...life can be translucent

Menu

23 and 26.3 -> 41

chaosshaman

visitor
Reaction score
Background: I met this girl who is a friend of one of my roommates (who i don't get along with). We hit it off and a week later we slept together. A few days later she told me that she couldn't see me anymore because she's not looking for a relationship, she doesn't want things to be awkward with me, her and my roommate, etc. Since then she has been sending me mixed signals but seems to only want a friendship. I really like her and i've told her how I feel and she has said she likes me too, that i'm hot and the sex was great, and that feels the chemistry, but she hasn't changed her mind - and she doesn't want to be **** buddies. I think she might be scared or concerned about dating and/or a relationship for some reason?

Question: What is going to happen with me and E?
Answer: 23 unchanging with ruling line 6

My interpretation: it seems like the splitting apart has already happened. Line 6 if it was moving would lead to 2, the receptive, but its not moving. I'm not sure what to make of the ruling line. this hexagram seems to be telling me to just do nothing and accept the situation - which is more or less what i've been struggling to do.

Question: I thought it might be good to inquire about where our relationship stands at this time. So i asked.

Answer: 26.3 ->41

Interpretation: I don't really know what to make of this. The 26 seems to be saying restrain yourself, but line 3 seems to have a call to action about following others. Perhaps just responding to E and seeing what happens. Unfortunately, this leads to 41 - decrease. That can't be good.

So then, I ask, perhaps pushing my luck, What is the best relationship I can achieve with E?

39.2 -> 48

It seems to be saying I didn't do anything wrong or anything to create this obstruction. And the fact that it leads to the well seems to be very good. But 39.2 doesn't seem to show a way out of the obstruction.

Any advice on this situation in light of the i ching readings?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score

lol. well 23 unchanging tells it like it is doesn't it ? 23 is the hexagram of things falling apart and seems like you two have fallen apart so thats how it is. It looks rather bleak for how things will be if you want to be together I guess though relationships are ever changing so....You didn't get 23.6 so personally i wouldn't consider it that much in the reading. I wouldn't consider hex 2 at all since you had no changing lines so it doesn't change to two. What you have is 23 plain and simple. Yes so i agree with your interpretation on this, the splitting has happened and doesn't look like that will change much. If you wanted to go for a more optimistic spin you could say perhaps that particular form of the relationship has split.

Your second question seems a repeat of the first really, I think it was answered by 23. You know where you stand cos she told you anyway don't you ? Anyway I take 26.3 as sort of about getting on with things as they present themselves. I think perhaps if you continue just to be good friends, take it as it comes, maybe work at getting to know one another (apart from physically)

Your 3rd answer, 39.2, i think in this context is along the lines of Yi in buddy mode like.. "look mate you can't win em all, its not your fault, your're doing fine but if you keep trying to get it on with her you will meet obstacle after obstacle" .

Overall I think your answers are quite clear that sex is off the menu with her...but maybe studying together, working together, just being mates (26.3) could be ok ....for now ?

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).