...life can be translucent

Menu

Should I learn from this teacher now? 63 -> 37

mkoco

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you all for contributing your time to this I ching resource. I am looking for a little insight of others to help me look at this response from the coins.

Been through some big life changes lately, things are still changing.. I am in a bit of a holding pattern now, waiting patiently for insight to come. Contacted one of my old spiritual teachers, was considering working with him for another six months.. the I Ching produced 63 with a changing line on top, changing to 37.

I am new to I Ching but 63 seems to say "Already Completed". This is true in some ways, but also I feel there is more to the story than this. Even the place I'm living now, I can't stay here for much longer simply based on physical logistics. A change is coming.

Any insight into this sign? Thank you.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Line 63.6 says that it is not a good idea at all to return to this teacher, that it is advisable to move on with your life, so time to up roots and move away.

steve

visitor
Reaction score
Wow intersting question
The hunt for
knowledge according to this reading is that it appears anyway that you have learnt quite well but it could be slowing your growth
Perhaps you could the study the i ching more , now you can never stop learning there
Anyway the decision is yours
Remain friends and move on i say

Cheers
Steve

mkoco

visitor
Reaction score
thanks

The irony is, this teacher's angle is to deepen our ability to listen to ourselves and the world around us; to connect more deeply with Sacred Silence, and from that place bring power and healing into our lives.

I hesitate to recommit another 6 months, because I wonder do I really need to listen to someone else to learn how to listen myself? Nature is probably the best teacher I know, and listening is a moment-to-moment decision made throughout the day- to walk in awareness, or to walk in sleep. Its our decision in the end anyway, but having a good teacher can give that extra push off the edge we all sometimes need. I don't think I need his push right now...

The image of 63 with 6 Above is looking behind to the forded river. I did just this after a short conversation with this man last night, and it has caused some pain and confusion. I tried to re-create a breakthrough I had one year ago working with him, but its not resonating with me at all right now.

Considering these things, I wondered, should I take a fast for 4 days to sit in the forest to make all this clear? I asked the I Ching.. it has 3 changing lines, I'm not sure what to make of it. Hexagram 34.2.4.5. 34 seems to urge me to soften the structures of my understand and habitual action. Seems like a more subtle use of power of is better, or that isn't necessary right now.

Thank you for your responses :bows:

steve

visitor
Reaction score
Hi
you need make a new post for a new question
I never thought i would ever say that, i must have been a young rebel..
these posts must be recorded is the order my friend
fasting is one thing starving is another, you are your own person
everyone has a mentor

relax as i think it was topal or trojan of the experienced that said ,,,easy boy balance

Steve

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
relax as i think it was topal or trojan of the experienced that said ,,,easy boy balance

Steve

:rofl: 'easy boy balance'... ? I reckon that must have been Topal.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
its not resonating with me at all right now.

Considering these things, I wondered, should I take a fast for 4 days to sit in the forest to make all this clear? I asked the I Ching.. it has 3 changing lines, I'm not sure what to make of it. Hexagram 34.2.4.5. 34 seems to urge me to soften the structures of my understand and habitual action. Seems like a more subtle use of power of is better, or that isn't necessary right now.

Thank you for your responses :bows:

I like your interpretation of 34 to 63 (63 again !) Re 63.6 I think it can also refer to times you want to go forward but feel pulled back, with this line I've actually had to go back to something so I'm not confident the message is for you not to go back in that it can mean something that isn't finished calls you back, this situation looks complete but isn't. Sorry can't be helpful than that :)

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
should I take a fast for 4 days to sit in the forest to make all this clear? Hexagram 34.2.4.5.

Your answer indicates that your search for inner balance is succeeding, so if you believe that fasting and sitting out in the woods is the way to go, then the I.C. says go for it, a stay among the trees could be very beneficial to you.

D

diamanda

63 says 'this has already been completed'.
63:6 implies, as mentioned already, keep going, don't look back.
37 is either telling you to have confidence in your own feelings,
especially if you're a woman, or even perhaps to seek a female
teacher, if you're a man.

34:2 - 'you're making progress, but don't rush ahead just yet'.
34:4 - 'take it easy and don't use/apply your power externally'
34:5 - 'don't persist in something you know won't work'
63 - 'this has already been completed'

Anyway at least that's how it sounds to me. Good luck with it!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).