...life can be translucent

Menu

What is Chronic Fatigue Syndrom/M.E.? 42:1-20

shelbymustang

visitor
Reaction score
I was meditating half an hour ago and it came to me to ask what CFS/ME is and received this interesting response 42:1 - 20

I'm feeling like this is saying that it is a grounding mechanism which comes in to place when it is highly crucial for the person to do a lot of serious inner/emotional work.

What does everyone else think? I know that at least one other person who regularly visits this site has symptoms of CFS as I do and yes I really AM well and truly grounded.

I look forward to reading your response.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I was meditating half an hour ago and it came to me to ask what CFS/ME is and received this interesting response 42:1 - 20

I'm feeling like this is saying that it is a grounding mechanism which comes in to place when it is highly crucial for the person to do a lot of serious inner/emotional work.

why do you feel 42.1 means this ?

bamboo

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I think the answer makes sense in a way especially suited to your nudge to ask it while in meditation. I wouldnt ordinarliy think of one who has CFS as being well-grounded, but I could imagine that it slows you down enough in order to focus on deep work, perhaps pushed by discomfort or boredom. so in a way, it brings increase, seems to have done that for you. BUt have you recovered from CFS now? I suppose you have since you refer to yourself as well

Two questions: what is M.E. ?
and do you actually own a Shelby Mustang?!

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
The answer makes sense but how do you get the answer from 42.1 ? I'm wondering why 42.1 means 'grounding mechanism' for you here :confused: I'm not disputing your answer I'm just interested in how you get it from 42.1 ? Pouring more energy in ?

M

maremaria

Hi Shelbymustang,

Interesting answer you got.

Candid (Meng ) says “Lessen your faults and your truth will grow by itself. Nothing can prevent it". Althought the symptoms of cf is "decrease" I can see an increase in that situation. Surely among other things, the body's voice become stronger and been heard. Commentaries on 42 says also It furthers one to cross the great water, move one or more levels higher than one is now.

w/b says : “If great help comes to a man from on high, this increased strength must be used to achieve something great for which he might otherwise never have found energy, or readiness to take responsibility”. Makes perfectly sense to me.
To me, the way my health has evolved apart from the frustrating thing seems as a chance to make some changes. Like CF forced me to climb on the 20 watchtower and observe my life in another way.

Maria

shelbymustang

visitor
Reaction score
no no no I didn't mean grounded as in the spiritual sense, I meant that I am currently grounded in the same way a plane gets grounded for maintenance.

shelbymustang

visitor
Reaction score
Hey Bamboo: M.E. = Myalgic encephalomyelitis the medical profession generally call it CFS now because M.E. is sometimes too specific and they don't test for it any way.

No I don't own a Shelby Mustang (wish I did though) it's just my alter-ego :)

shelbymustang

visitor
Reaction score
why do you feel 42.1 means this ?

Ummmm it was pure instinct Trojan - I 'think' 42 is about augmentation and the fact that it was line 1 I just felt that it was augmentation at the most basic level.

Having to start from scratch, back to basics, gaining an Eagle-eye view of ones self, back to the original 'self' and tapping into that again after it being ignored for so long and 'augmenting' or building up/working on the true inner self.

I'm obviously way off the mark then? :duh:

What's your take?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Ummmm it was pure instinct Trojan - I 'think' 42 is about augmentation and the fact that it was line 1 I just felt that it was augmentation at the most basic level.

Having to start from scratch, back to basics, gaining an Eagle-eye view of ones self, back to the original 'self' and tapping into that again after it being ignored for so long and 'augmenting' or building up/working on the true inner self.

I'm obviously way off the mark then? :duh:

What's your take?

No you're absolutely not 'way off the mark'. I think if thats what it says to you instinctively then there has to be something in it. I just would never have seen it that way "augmenting at the most basic level" hmmm I'm just not used to thinking of illness as 'augmenting' though in its own way sometimes it is i guess.

Whats interesting is many times I have received 42 in response to questions about physical ills. I never really understood. For a few months i was always nauseous and got 42.1 about it. I was thinking along the lines of too much stomach acid....but looking at it your way could of been an 'augmentation' of a kind as in one body sytem trying to balance another etc. I've had 42 for other illnesses too but wasn't seeing from the augmentation angle, like bolstering something up.

I think you hit on something there :)

shelbymustang

visitor
Reaction score
:eek: oh wow I've hit on something?! well I AM amazed Trojan, I always look on myself as being a total novice and look to you all for the insight.

Interesting that you also get 42 in relation to illness, but just think about what illness is for a moment...it is dis-ease - physical, emotional and spiritual disharmony...you feel sick so your body and particularly your stomach is trying to tell you something (possibly nourishment whether that be physical, emotional or spiritual).

Yeah I know what you mean about not looking at illness as being a positive thing (because we feel like total cr@p) and to get to a place in your mind where you can view it as a positive message and that something can be done is extremely liberating.

I came to my conclusion because for most of my life (33 ys out of 37) I've cared more for other people than myself. I've keep going with the mindset that life aint easy but you keep battling on. That life's a bit of a struggle but it is more blessed to help others etc etc. Even my job was based around helping people emotionally/spiritually and of course I took to this role like a duck to water, but sometimes it totally wasted my brain because all I did was give give give and although I wasn't looking for anything in return my life was getting more difficult and lessons were not being learned.

Next thing you know...TADAHHH! I wake up on 9th April this year feeling dreadful..a virus had knocked me out and literally knocked my legs from under me.
Why? I wondered...because things couldn't go on as they had been.

So I think this may be what the I-Ching is speaking about...

It really does seem that this type of illness/dis-ease is the spirits way of saying come on, give yourself a break, you owe it to yourself (and in time, others) to start building on your fundamental qualities, to look after yourself in order to have the life you always wanted. Stop the battle, stop plodding on in the hope that things will improve of their own accord.

Hmm I'm getting carried away, sorry!

I do think topic is one which taps in to what can only be described as a modern day phenomenon AND a tiny reflection of what is going on in the world at large at the moment (Capitalism/Banking etc is being 'grounded' in order to examine and then restructure for a better future)

M

maremaria

Line 27.6 gives a good advise.

"This describes a sage of the highest order, from whom emanate all influences that provide nourishment for others. Such a position brings with it heavy responsibility. If he remains conscious of this fact, he has good fortune and may confidently undertake even great and difficult labors, such as crossing the great water. These undertakings bring general happiness for him and for all others."

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Could well be CFS is a grounding mechanism. I'm very wary of doing this with all illnesses though. I mean they used to say stomach ulcers were due to stress until they discovered a bug called 'helicobacter pylori' triggered a fair few of them. Maybe in a few years time they'll discover a particular virus or something responsible for CFS ? Or maybe its simply your spirits way of stopping, or maybe its a mixture. One things for sure, everyones on overload these days, i don't think we were designed for constant sense bombardment

Anyway good thinking on 42.1. New eyes see new things. :)

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Just received alot of blurb trying to sell me chocolate. It says this in the leaflet :

EASE CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME A study at Hull York Medical School found that adults with chronic fatigue syndrome who were given 45g of high cocoa dark chocolate to eat every day reported significantly less fatigue

Good grief ! You have a medical reason to eat chocolate ! :D

shelbymustang

visitor
Reaction score
Just received alot of blurb trying to sell me chocolate. It says this in the leaflet :

EASE CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME A study at Hull York Medical School found that adults with chronic fatigue syndrome who were given 45g of high cocoa dark chocolate to eat every day reported significantly less fatigue

Good grief ! You have a medical reason to eat chocolate ! :D

HAHA!! y'know that's weird because I only started craving chocolate after I came down with CFS. We're talking insatiable! never had a sweet tooth before (won't have ANY teeth left soon if I keep munching)

I have heard that it is due to adrenal issues (which is a BIG things with CFS) also that a person who craves sweet things is really craving sweetness in life and that this is associated with the heart. (a study done recently on pregnant women who eat chocolate suggested that the children born have sweeter natures)

I'm on a roll today! :D

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
...just discovered that craving for chocolate signifies a Magnesium deficiency!!

then i have a magnesium deficiency, very serious. I don't really want chocolate but it seems i too must have it for medicinal purposes. :D

solun

visitor
Reaction score
CFS has many inlets and outlets in its current medical definitional scheme.
It usu happens to people who are under a lot of stress for a long time, which turns to strain, then turns to (an) imbalance(s) - illness.
Some news relates it to an imbalance of candida albicans, so cut down to no alchohol, caffeine, anything fermented, no sugar (refined white especially), cut back on starches which promote inflammation, esp in combo w/sugars.
Also, you may consider looking into serrapeptase, and enzyme isolated from a mocroorganism in the silkworm. It has many beneficial medical applications and as an NSAID non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug. Be sure you get an enteric coated table though, and don't break it, or your stomach acid will render it before it gets absorbed into the intestine, where it needs to be.
Taking lactobacilus acidophilus may help with any yeast imbalance you may have. TAke a billion parts per gram, in a powdered form, single strain or as few strains in combo as you can get.
CFS is probably allergy/immune related and is linked to fibromyalgia, which serrapeptase is use for as well. It's available on the web, and in Europe, but not so much in the USA unless at a 'health' food type store or nutritional supplement -
Also, get the rest you are seeking. Many powerful anti-oxidants are created in sleep, so do the rest up thing.

G'luck

lienshan

visitor
Reaction score
The Yi answer is a precise description of Cronic Fatique Syndron:

Above trigram Wind (symbolizing energy)
Below trigram Thunder (symbolizing suddenly)

Above trigram Wind (symbolizing energy)
Below trigram Earth (symbolizing receiving)

When You suddenly do someting energetic :pompom: then You have to rest immidiately :eek:uch:

lienshan

liz08

visitor
Reaction score
I would agree that it would be wise to look into serrapeptase. It has wonderful anti-inflammatory properties, and no known side effects. It is often used in place of NSAIDs (drugs such as ibuprofen) because it doesn't carry the same dangerous side effects that they do (ulcers, kidney damage, etc.). It is excellent for heart health as well. I know of one product called Fibrozym that contains serrapeptase as well as bromelain and papain (papaya and pineapple enzymes which are excellent). I'd look into it.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).