...life can be translucent

Menu

27 ->61, what is happening in my life?

moonrise

visitor
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

A lot of difficulties piled up in my life. I have a difficult legal battle about my appartment, I am struggling with money, my roomates are both unreliable, my mail box got broken in and today my bike was stolen from the house.

So, I am a little down
happy.gif

All this seems too much, all the worries and fear. I don't feel safe in my own home. And I don't know how to make enough money to live. I am planning to do some things on my own, but I am afraid I will fail.

So, I asked Yi Jing: give me an insight into my life here and now, what should I do?

I got 27.2.5. turning into 61

Well, 27 is quite obvious...it is about noursihment, providing for myself. 2 is saying that I am still dependent and that is true. Now my aunt sent me some money, because otherwise I don't know how to pay the bills.
5 is saying that I should seek advice with someone spiritually strong. What does that mean?
61 is saying probably that I should stay honest to myself and respect my inner truth.
I do want to do things on my own, I have a plan but I don't know if it can work. But maybe 61 is saying to do things according to my inner call and that's why life has brought all this on me so I can wake up and start making things happen.

What do you think of this hexagrams? I need some insight into my life, all this has ben too much lately.

Thank you.

frank

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Moonrise,

First of all, I wish you all the best in this period of your life. It?s tough when things around do happen, and you did not ask for it. They just happen. And not the most possitive things... Appartement, persons, money, stuff (bike), it all seems to go out of your hands... Hexagram 27 in some strange way seems to ask you back: `Did you all needed that?`... Then line 2 changes 27 into 41, Decrease.... Again a way of letting you know to get things in balance? (What a harsh way to teach you that, then..). By changing line 5 ONLY 27 changes into 42... a hexgram of Increase... Again about balance and trying to hide the thorn inside... When you look to both changing lines, connecting them in a hexagram, you get hexagram 29... as change is action, and action is symbolised by yang, and the ONLY hexagram with yanglines on position 2 & 5 is 29... You are probably confronted with a situation that has an image like walking across a ravine, but as long as you stock to what?s in your heart, says 29, you will do just fine... Not bad thinking of you concerning the fact that you want to start things on your own, but are afraid of doing / failing... This period is then about giving you clues about how it feels to take risks, and take them anyway...

Is that making some sense what so ever?

Hang in there!

Hug,
Frank

J

jesed

Hi Moonrise

Just in case the comment could be useful

The Time for nourish yourself started in Thunder (between september 17 and october 31, 2005) and will rule your life until Mountain (between August 1 and Septemebr 16, 2006)

This is a Time for find the best nourishment for your life by yourself: evolve from dependency to even be capable of nourish others.

That is a great time, a time to madurate and assume your own responsabilities (instead of depend your noursihment on external facts)

The suggestion (from the image): Examinate how you search for nourishment, what you use for nourish your life.

Line 2 was in the past (from september 16 to november 15, 2005): "If, owing to weakness of spirit, a man cannot support himself, a feeling of uneasiness comes over him; this is because in shirking the proper way of obtaining a living, he accepts support as a favor from those in higher place. This is unworthy, for he is deviating from his true nature. Kept up indefinitely, this course leads to misfortune" Wilhelm's comment

Line 5 IS IN THE PRESENT (From April 1 to May 31, 2006) "A man may be conscious of a deficiency in himself. He should be undertaking the nourishment of the people, but he has not the strength to do it. Thus he must turn from his accustomed path and ask counsel and help from a man who is spiritually his superior but undistinguished outwardly. If he maintains this attitude of mind perseveringly, success and good fortune are his. But he must remain aware of his dependence. He must not put his own person forward nor attempt great labors, such as crossing the great water." Wilhelm's comment

61 as your goal: made an inner work, contact with your own nature, find your inner straight.

The way I see this answer:
All this external situations are leading you to face how you nourish your life. The real issue is not external (appartment trial, room-mates, stolen bike), the real issue is about inner attitude related to how to support your own life.
Is time to do the inner work to be capable of support your own life by yourself. In this inner work you need help - again, the need for helepers - not to support your life but to guide you how to do your inner work (a therapist? a spiritual counselor? a family advicer?)

It is important to say: even if you could find this hard or frightening, this is an excelent answer. It could be a challenge, but a worthy challenge.

Best wishes

moonrise

visitor
Reaction score
Hi,

thank you for the answers.

I guess this is about daring to take risks and live the life I want to live...Taking away everything fals and not in accord with my nature.

Anad, khm, actually my bike wasn't stolen
happy.gif
Today I was walking with my friend and I found it parked in the center of our town
happy.gif
I parked it there and forgot about it.
It was extremely funny
happy.gif
And I was veeeeery happy to find my bike.
happy.gif

I feel better now and I think the answer was saying to start nourishing myself, doing things that fulfill me, not just to make money.

R

rosada

How wonderful to hear you have been reunited with your bike! OMG, you must have been so happy to see it! Isn't it curious how really nothing happened, yet I bet your emotions went on a wild ride over that one?! Wow!

Just a thought on the Nourishment: I think the I Ching is being very literal when it talks about paying attention to how we choose to nourish ourselves. Certainly I've found things that i thought were problems are not nearly so overwhelming after I've had a bite to eat (Did you find your bike after having a snack, by any chance?). I have a girlfriend who swears her money problems cleared up after she started shopping at the natural foods market. She thinks when her body got it that she would feed it better if she had more money, her unconcious got it's act together and started guiding her so she would make enough to afford the best food. I haven't had the nerve to try that yet, but maybe I should...

moonrise

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Rosada!

Yes, this bike was really something to take me to the point zero
happy.gif
I was so depressed, I saw everything in black, I felt like the whole life is against me, all the trouble already and then my bike gets stolen!
I felt like in twilight zone
happy.gif

This is a good point about the food...When I found the bike me and my friend were going for a drink but I had hot chocolate in my mind
happy.gif

I was relaxed and enjoying.

I feel the nourishment is saying to me to do things that nourish me and that I enjoy.
So, I am making plans to do that and I feel much better now
happy.gif

Thank you for all your support!

pompomwall

visitor
Reaction score
please help 27.5

I am sorry for being so ignorant but I am really interested in what Wilhelm means by this part of 27.5....

He must not put his own person forward nor attempt great labors, such as crossing the great water." Wilhelm's comment

I really feel for the person who started this thread, I feel the same way....and then I got the same reading when I asked,

"what do I need to know about starting this (spiritual retreat)?"

I got 27.2.5 just like her.

please help.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"what do I need to know about starting this (spiritual retreat)?"

I got 27.2.5 just like her.

Line 27.2 says that you are feeling ill at ease spiritually as you seem to be unable to find what you are looking for in life but as you cannot then you need to seek guidance from another, but once should be enough for you.

Line 27.5 you realize that something is missing from your life so go to the spiritual retreat and be willing to listen and learn as it will be good for you.

Hex 61 is about learning some inner truths about yourself and will be most beneficial for you.

arli

visitor
Reaction score
Line 27.2 says that you are feeling ill at ease spiritually as you seem to be unable to find what you are looking for in life but as you cannot then you need to seek guidance from another, but once should be enough for you.

Line 27.5 you realize that something is missing from your life so go to the spiritual retreat and be willing to listen and learn as it will be good for you.

Hex 61 is about learning some inner truths about yourself and will be most beneficial for you.

I agree with this, and I would like to add few remarks.

Any situation we are going trough is always the consequence of our actions - it doesn’t matter how long ago we did something or how trivial they seemed to us.

When considering your 27 - 61 result, I suggeset you to look at the "whole picture" rather then separated meaning of hexagrams.

It seems that hex 27 is pretty clear description of your problems, but you are aware of it already.

I think that hex 61 is inviting you to reconsider your long term behavior which finally led you in unpleasant situation you mentioned. Not only your thoughts or your inner needs, but every small decision you have made.

Sometimes we should be objective enough to look in the past and to admit our mistakes. Hex 61, by my experiences, is giving us the chance to analyze our actions more clearly, or at least, it suggest that it’s finally time to do so.

Of course, is easier say than do, and I usually get frustrated when I get hex 61, because it forces me to think deeper than usual and I, as I am only a human, expect "The Solution". :rofl:

pompomwall

visitor
Reaction score
thank you

Thank you Arli and williowfox for your quick replies.
It seems that hex 27 is pretty clear description of your problems, but you are aware of it already.

I think that hex 61 is inviting you to reconsider your long term behavior which finally led you in unpleasant situation you mentioned. Not only your thoughts or your inner needs, but every small decision you have made.

Sometimes we should be objective enough to look in the past and to admit our mistakes. Hex 61, by my experiences, is giving us the chance to analyze our actions more clearly, or at least, it suggest that it’s finally time to do so.

Of course, is easier say than do, and I usually get frustrated when I get hex 61, because it forces me to think deeper than usual and I, as I am only a human, expect "The Solution". :rofl:

I am with you Arli with what you are saying. The retreat is zen in orientation... what will be asked of me is EXACTLY what you said...OBSERVE...how I act, think, feel and "be (or not be)" in my past and present. I am (just about) ready to accept this (absolutely horrifying to ego ) exhilarating challenge. I am just so curious about what this means to me...

" But he must remain aware of his dependence. He must not put his
own person forward nor attempt great labors, such as crossing the great water."

in context of the relationship to my teacher(s). I (or my ego) doesn't want to "screw up" the lesson I need to learn.

Sincerely ignorant :blush:,

Pom

Tony_L

visitor
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

A lot of difficulties piled up in my life. I have a difficult legal battle about my appartment, I am struggling with money, my roomates are both unreliable, my mail box got broken in and today my bike was stolen from the house. ...
All this seems too much, all the worries and fear. I don't feel safe in my own home. And I don't know how to make enough money to live. I am planning to do some things on my own, but I am afraid I will fail.
So, I asked Yi Jing: give me an insight into my life here and now, what should I do?
I got 27.2.5. turning into 61 ...

Hi Moonrise,

Sorry things have been so difficult. 27.2.5 > 61 :bows: Nourish inner truth, pay attention to what goes into and comes out from your center.
27.2 suggests that you are rejecting some norm or standard, which is causing difficulties. Karcher read this as "chastising closes the way" so that if your lawsuit is an attempt to "chastise" your landlord in order to "nourish" yourself, it is the wrong direction to pursue.
27.5 repeats this warning about rejecting a canon or rule of behavior At this time your best bet is to "reside in place" rather than cross a great stream.
I think the oracle is saying that you need to draw a spiritual lesson from your current hardships. Your actions (like the lawsuit) come from your center. Your reactons (as to the robberies) also come from your center but at the same time feed back into it.
Best of luck.

Tony

PS: After posting this response, I realized that the original question dates back to 2006 and just happened to be at the top of the list, so I assumed it was a current situation.

Last edited:

pompomwall

visitor
Reaction score
sorry

I didn't mean to confuse my post with the past post, I just felt connected with the past post.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).