...life can be translucent

Menu

And through the darkness there is light shinning so bright.

maria22

visitor
Reaction score
Ok so I just HAD to ask I ching
"What do I have to do so I can be happy and find peace"
I have got to say I am so excited with what I got!I got hexagram 36 4rth line changing to hexagram 55....
I have got to say that I have a thing with Drakness and Light and if you read the explanation of both these hexagrams you can see how these talk about Darkness and the sun in midday!
I can see how hex 36 is painting a picture of a situation(?) if you will but I can't see what do I have to do to reach "fullness".Or maybe its that I have to reach the bottom and get back up?
A litle insight please?
Thank you in advance!!!!

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score

First, you have to pinpoint whatever is causing anxieties and upsets in your life, mentally detach yourself from those thoughts.

So, if you are neither sad nor anxious then you can find happiness which leads to peace. Therefore, live everyday as it comes.

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
That's a good one. And easier to grasp the longer you've lived in reality. Sure you can dream and hope, but the more you experience, the more willing you are to relinquish so much control perhaps, and the less value you place on achieveing that thing that's going to make you happy, because if you look around, the people that seem to have what you want, still have other problems cropping up anyway... so yeah detachment and the less you focus on what's wrong and missing.. Acceptance and enjoying the good things life has to offer on a daily basis.. and to try and be happy for the people closest to you..

Not sure if that was too wordy and thus not as concise! :)

maria22

visitor
Reaction score
That's a good one. And easier to grasp the longer you've lived in reality. Sure you can dream and hope, but the more you experience, the more willing you are to relinquish so much control perhaps, and the less value you place on achieveing that thing that's going to make you happy, because if you look around, the people that seem to have what you want, still have other problems cropping up anyway... so yeah detachment and the less you focus on what's wrong and missing.. Acceptance and enjoying the good things life has to offer on a daily basis.. and to try and be happy for the people closest to you..

Not sure if that was too wordy and thus not as concise! :)

You know I always believed that if you accept the way things are then you go nowhere.And I want to pursuit some thing that I don't have...
And It took me months to decide I WANT to be happy.It wasn't an easy decision, as insane that might sound.
So do I just accept and do nothing?

M

maremaria

Hi Maria,

I think you were given a beautiful answer. I don't know if you are familiar with LiSe's work , (http://www.yijing.nl/index.html)

Interesting what she says about line 36.4

Entering the left belly. Catching the heart of Hiding Brightness. Coming out of front door and courtyard.
When one dares to enter in the depths where fear, danger, unhappiness and obstruction reign, one might defeat them and show up again. As long as they are avoided, unconscious or set aside, they have more power than you.

Hope that helps,

Maria

maria22

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Maria,

I think you were given a beautiful answer. I don't know if you are familiar with LiSe's work , (http://www.yijing.nl/index.html)

Interesting what she says about line 36.4

Maria

Hope that helps,

Yeah I liked the answer...Its so...I have no words for it!
Although what I am getting out of this interpretation is that I should go on and face whatever it is that causes my misery although how can you face loss?
You can't. I guess the last thing I should do is focus on my loss...So I reached a deadend....

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Ok so I just HAD to ask I ching
I have got to say I am so excited with what I got!I got hexagram 36 4rth line changing to hexagram 55....
I have got to say that I have a thing with Drakness and Light and if you read the explanation of both these hexagrams you can see how these talk about Darkness and the sun in midday!
I can see how hex 36 is painting a picture of a situation(?) if you will but I can't see what do I have to do to reach "fullness".Or maybe its that I have to reach the bottom and get back up?
A litle insight please?
Thank you in advance!!!!

I haven't read the other replies here so I may be repeating but my sense of this answer is you may need to escape certain people/situations to find peace. Quite an unusual answer to the question I think, more of a pointed answer than people generally get to this kind of question.
I think 36.4 has alot to do with the desirability to get away unoticed from those who would interfere with you or inhibit you so you can really express yourself, be who you are. 36.4 shows you successfully almost sneaking away, undetected to do your own thing. I think perhaps the answer may suggest you can't be entirely open with others about what you really want, and thats good, you have to go undercover, secret agent on a mission for your own happiness :D

maria22

visitor
Reaction score
I haven't read the other replies here so I may be repeating but my sense of this answer is you may need to escape certain people/situations to find peace. Quite an unusual answer to the question I think, more of a pointed answer than people generally get to this kind of question.
I think 36.4 has alot to do with the desirability to get away unoticed from those who would interfere with you or inhibit you so you can really express yourself, be who you are. 36.4 shows you successfully almost sneaking away, undetected to do your own thing. I think perhaps the answer may suggest you can't be entirely open with others about what you really want, and thats good, you have to go undercover, secret agent on a mission for your own happiness :D

Escape is the word...I've been running away from things and situations all my life. I guess thats what I do best.
Yeah I have difficulties in saying what I really want and doing what I really want cause I am affraid people might say I am not good or people might start judging me.
Yeah maybe I should just go ahead and don't talk about what I want and just go for it.

M

maremaria

I’m sorry for your loss.

I know that when you are in the situation and someone tell you that you can face the loss its not easy to believe him/her, but you can. I’m not saying its easy, but you can.

When you are afraid of a monster you can run away from it and it might lose you traces, but can you live one life with that fear, that somewhere you will meet it again ?

The way I see that line, its doesn’t says run away but go where the monster is and deal with it. I think this is what Lise talks about. Deal with it and exit from that situation from the front door.

Do you remember Kavafis poem “the city”. I think is relevant to what you can or can’t achieve by escaping.

Just a thought....

maria22

visitor
Reaction score
I’m sorry for your loss.

I know that when you are in the situation and someone tell you that you can face the loss its not easy to believe him/her, but you can. I’m not saying its easy, but you can.

When you are afraid of a monster you can run away from it and it might lose you traces, but can you live one life with that fear, that somewhere you will meet it again ?

The way I see that line, its doesn’t says run away but go where the monster is and deal with it. I think this is what Lise talks about. Deal with it and exit from that situation from the front door.

Do you remember Kavafis poem “the city”. I think is relevant to what you can or can’t achieve by escaping.

Just a thought....

Maybe I lost myself on my way to living my life. Maybe I lost myself trying to forget the pain that comes with losing or better "missing" someone you love.
Who knows, I might just be missing someone too much it destroys me.What then? Deal with the loss and get over it I think.
(na pw thn alitheia kala ta ellhnika alla ekfrazomai kalutera agglika)
I've read the explanation over and over agai about hex 55 and 36...I couldn't have gotten better answers to my question.

M

maremaria

(na pw thn alitheia kala ta ellhnika alla ekfrazomai kalutera agglika)

lol, me too . See here. Its crazy isn't it :rolleyes:

To every one who doesn't understand that language is greeklish ( greeks with latin characters)

maria22

visitor
Reaction score
lol, me too . See here. Its crazy isn't it :rolleyes:

To every one who doesn't understand that language is greeklish ( greeks with latin characters)

:D yay blog!!!I indeed love reading blogs I'd give you mine too but I write on myspace and people don't like social networks....

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
You know I always believed that if you accept the way things are then you go nowhere.And I want to pursuit some thing that I don't have...
And It took me months to decide I WANT to be happy.It wasn't an easy decision, as insane that might sound.
So do I just accept and do nothing?

Yeah, I suppose those that are happy happy with the small things in everyday life and don't question things or want more are simpler people, it is more interesting to not be content because yeah it keeps you learning, experiencing, and living! With all it's ups and downs...

I wrote that before I read the other threads... (not sure it's n'sync with where this thread is going) But I can relate to what you said here: Yeah I have difficulties in saying what I really want and doing what I really want cause I am affraid people might say I am not good or people might start judging me.

Good luck with breaking free!

Last edited:

maria22

visitor
Reaction score
Yeah, I suppose those that are happy happy with the small things in everyday life and don't question things or want more are simpler people, it is more interesting to not be content because yeah it keeps you learning, experiencing, and living! With all it's ups and downs...

I wrote that before I read the other threads... (not sure it's n'sync with where this thread is going) But I can relate to what you said here: Yeah I have difficulties in saying what I really want and doing what I really want cause I am affraid people might say I am not good or people might start judging me.

Good luck with breaking free!

when you are happy with what you have you never proceed.You don't get better.
How can that make somebody happy?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).