...life can be translucent

Menu

24! -ok ok already! lol!!

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
not my feelings, not my thoughts, not my ego . . (for more on that see http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?t=6942&page=14, posts 137-138 by Meng and me)

Yi takes our promises seriously and can, very patiently, remind us of our commitments in case we look away . . very simply it will say: 24! Return :rolleyes:

so I was looking for posts on 24 (since it came up twice unchanging) and came up with this: (http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?t=2863 and yes Luis, this is Pedro again!;) )

My hua tou is merely "who am *I*, and when I get to the *I*, I feel this weird feeling of being somewhat swept away out of this world. It is a feeling of being out of me, observing my ego from outside, and realizing Im not my body or even my feelings and thoughts. I can focus on that feeling without the words, and it puts things in a new perspective.
What I think is interesting, is that by constantly asking who we really ARE, we get to a point where we are behind the thought, just before it emerges, and *that*, from what I can figure, is the mystical meaning of hexagram #24.

ok, ok already! lol!!

Not my emotions, not my thoughts, not my ego
:bows:

rodaki

Last edited:

Sparhawk

One of those men your mother warned you about...
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Pedro was a nutjob, but one of the good ones. :D He reminded me of the image I have of the "drunken Daoist sages"

Perhaps, calling him a "nutjob" in a public forum will bring him back... I claim responsibility for my words. :rofl:

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
yes, call him, cause I think it's time to meet again!!:D

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
hi Maria, nice thought! would you like to elaborate more on that?

oh, and of course: that's another call for Pedro!:D
(and Meng)

rodaki

M

meng

What Pedro and Meng said reminds me a lot 20.5.6 .

20.5 changes to 23
20.6 changes to 8
lines 5 and 6 change to 2

I think that describes what it takes to 24 very well. You have to leave behind the idea of the entitled self to a view of life which is not self centered - just as Pedro described.

But this is a two-edged sword, because there is danger in disassociating from your self: actually those reflexes, habits and definitions you have been used to calling your self, i.e. "I am angry", or "I am kind", or "I am sick", etc. Hex 24 doesn't aknowledge or accept those effects as being your true self, and that's why returning to it is important, especially if one desires to detach from their own definitions.

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
20.5 changes to 23
20.6 changes to 8
lines 5 and 6 change to 2

I think that describes what it takes to 24 very well. You have to leave behind the idea of the entitled self to a view of life which is not self centered - just as Pedro described.

aaa . . first split apart from the extra baggage (23)
then unite with the master (8)

for some reason I tended to see what lies ahead of 24, the essence it takes you to, hex.25, the not entangled, natural state, more than what it precedes it . . that's why I was surprised by Maria's comment, even though I could see the connection . .
hexagram 2 . . still a great mystery for me, but I'll get there at some point I guess!:rolleyes:

rodaki

M

maremaria

hi Maria, nice thought! would you like to elaborate more on that?

rodaki

Ooops !!! I missed that. Being in a 62 mode lately. :rolleyes:
Mostly is what Meng and Pedro said. I just make the connection. ;)

2 makes a well 24, as Meng said. I'm not sure if he means that , but I see 2 as been open and follow. You don't "create" a path. The path unfolds in frond of you and you just walk it.

M

meng

2 makes a well 24, as Meng said. I'm not sure if he means that , but I see 2 as been open and follow. You don't "create" a path. The path unfolds in frond of you and you just walk it.

Yup. Closing the path to the outside, opening the path to the inside. Ever try to breathe in and out at the same time? lol

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).